HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumour: Andrei Kostitsyn to Ak Bars Kazan?

Old
05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Would really really suck if he takes that money and leaves.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:05 PM
SpreeEndaz

vCash: 500
It's the first time I read about the numbers though.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Damn... the optimistic side to me is saying Andrei will stay, Andreis got it good, hes been putting effort for years to get where he is, now hes with his brother, learning english, etc.

... then comes the not so optimistic side saying Andrei will go, be closer to his wife, not have to bring her over and make her adjust, Bob will never match 4 mill, this could be one of the last times he gets this offer, what if he feels the NHL isn't all its hyped up to be, Sergei would probably go over too..

Dont do it Andrei

( the article says " AK bars is 'going' to offer ", how is that official? )

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Kostitsyn isn't worth 4M, but I'm hoping he stays here. I don't know why he'd do it though, he'd be closer to home with a much bigger salary.

I'm surprised by this because he mentioned last year how he didn't think he could get a job with an RSL team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Well for the love of Pete you didn't say you were stuck in Hamstead (or fringe NDG maybe). You have my sympathies. If you were stuck in Scarborough (or we used to call it, Scarberia) you'd probably like Toronto less too.

The thing I didn't understand is that escaping those kind of living conditions (except the lack of public garbage cans, which is terrible) is much easier in Montreal than Toronto because the rents are much cheaper and travel times too and from work or school are much shorter, giving more options of where to live.

Anyway, sorry you stuck in such a loser. Our fair city has so much more to offer than that.
Are we talking about the same Hampstead? Have you guys ever been there? It's full of millionaires... It's the second richest town after Westmount and one of the richest in Quebec. If that place is a dump then holy crap you guys must think the sun is small. Montreal has almost nothing better to offer...

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:17 PM
brownman*

Serious question: has there ever been a player with a guaranteed top-6 spot on a NHL team that jumped back to Russia? My mind is drawing blanks and naked women.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:18 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarovski View Post
I hope Andrei isn't going to pull "a Perezogin" and go to Russia. If that happens, it will be the end for us drafting russian players.
It pretty much ended when Savard left.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Guaranteed top 6 spot? You dont know carbo . At most, Andrei gets a Plekanec/Higgins type pay... how does that compare to 4 million? If everyone puts a nice little fund together, I will personally go over there and whack the head mob bosses of this AK Bars thing.

Old
05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Habs

Adios, make some room for some Canadian boys.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Guaranteed top 6 spot? You dont know carbo
If you're inferring this because of the whole Carbo/Ryder ordeal, I guess you don't know AK's game?

Hint: it's better than Ryder's

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I dont know Kostitsyns game? Uhhh, yes I do Im just saying, Carbo is one strange character and if you think you can read his mind and predict the future, then you my friend, are a clairvoyant.

Old
05-02-2008, 04:38 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Did't mean to say "Chicago style" about the Plateau. By the Chicago style West End I mean the standard 2-3 story red brick square 15-20 apt . The garbage bins non-existent. The place for recyclible in the garage is so tiny it overfills in a couple of hours and then it's all over the cars. The squeeky wooden balcony is life-threatenning. One of the two laundrymats has been broken and full of smelly water for a month. That's a snapshot of my place in Hampstead.

Point taken. The diff though is that Rinkeby is an almost out of town gettho, while all of UdM students have to cope with something like what I described

I am trying to suggest that an average Jerry in Toronto gets to live in mid-70's or mid-80's highrises which are no architectural marvel but functional, while from my experience a Montreal equivalent would be what I just described a couple of posts before.
It seems that all the reasons why you dislike Mtl, are the reasons why I love this city... it's really a matter of preferences, culture and values...

As for exemple, I went to Singapore for 2 weeks... it's a paradise city for conservatives, I mean extremely clean, no gangs (nor rebel youth actually), no graffitis, modern buildings, tons of shopping malls...

I mean, it's a nice city, but for me, there's absolutely no life to it, everything's too clean, to much in order (I guess the dictature has a little say in this)... I love Mtl, because it's a lively city, dirty maybe but I don't care, it got spirit, it's bohemian, cultural... all the reasons why I love this city, it's just me, that's who I am and that's why I wouldn't live anywhere else (For NOW, I just hate the winter...)

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:40 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I don't care. If he doesn't stay with the habs, that means he doesn't care about the team and he doesn't want to work his way up to get an even better salary. Then he can stay in russia, especially with his playoff performance.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
I don't care. If he doesn't stay with the habs, that means he doesn't care about the team and he doesn't want to work his way up to get an even better salary. Then he can stay in russia, especially with his playoff performance.
I agree with you, but this is his first playoff performance so I wouldn't judge him based on that. These guys like Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Higgins, Price, they're playing so that when they hit their prime, they're the ones who lead the team in the post-season instead of only Kovalev and Koivu(Saku's still gonna be here though...I hope).

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:45 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kautsitsin View Post
I agree with you, but this is his first playoff performance so I wouldn't judge him based on that. These guys like Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Higgins, Price, they're playing so that when they hit their prime, they're the ones who lead the team in the post-season instead of only Kovalev and Koivu(Saku's still gonna be here though...I hope).
yeah, what I meant about this year's playoffs is that it's stupid to pay him 4 million at this point of his career.

Old
05-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Didnt Sergei, Andrei and Kovy lead the team in points after the first round? Right, get rid of them, we got everything we need in Ryder and Higgins... Wait, what was that? Their first year in the NHL? But they're in their 20's, people break into the NHL at 18, busts...

Old
05-02-2008, 04:49 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Didnt Sergei, Andrei and Kovy lead the team in points after the first round? Right, get rid of them, we got everything we need in Ryder and Higgins... Wait, what was that? Their first year in the NHL? But they're in their 20's, people break into the NHL at 18, busts...
nobody said that we should get rid of them... what are you smoking?

Old
05-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
It pretty much ended when Savard left.
Andrei Kostitsyn (2003), Sergei Kostitsyn (2005), Emelin (2004), Grabovsky (2004), Valentenko (2006) were all drafted since Timmins became our director of scouting. I know Savard was here up to the 2005 draft and Valentenko is the only Russian from our last two drafts but Timmins still does have a history of drafting Russians.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:09 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn (2003), Sergei Kostitsyn (2005), Emelin (2004), Grabovsky (2004), Valentenko (2006) were all drafted since Timmins became our director of scouting. I know Savard was here up to the 2005 draft and Valentenko is the only Russian from our last two drafts but Timmins still does have a history of drafting the best player available
Fixed

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn (2003), Sergei Kostitsyn (2005), Emelin (2004), Grabovsky (2004), Valentenko (2006) were all drafted since Timmins became our director of scouting. I know Savard was here up to the 2005 draft and Valentenko is the only Russian from our last two drafts but Timmins still does have a history of drafting Russians.
A. Kost was drafted by Savard though

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
A. Kost was drafted by Savard though
No he wasn't.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:24 PM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
this is a great test IMO.

YOUTH OF HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:30 PM
fredez

Drafts since 2003 by nationality

Total number of players drafted = 42

Canada = 11 (26%)
Quebec = 10 (24%)
USA = 9 (21%)
Russia = 5 (12%)
Switzerland = 2 (5%)
Slovakia = 2 (5%)
Sweden = 2 (5%)
Finland = 1 (2%)

Get your facts straight

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarovski View Post
I'm surprised I haven't read it here (maybe it slipped to me) but I heard on CKAC today that Andrei Kostitsyn was offered 4 000 000 by AK Bars. I went on the Edmonton Journal web site and here's the link

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...f-01d2246dc00d

I hope Andrei isn't going to pull "a Perezogin" and go to Russia. If that happens, it will be the end for us drafting russian players.
If Gainey were to "match" the offer he would need to have his head examined !

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
No he wasn't.
Gainey had been named GM just weeks before the '03 Draft and yes, Andre Savard
and huis scouting staff were responsible for the '03 Draft!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Gainey had been named GM just weeks before the '03 Draft and yes, Andre Savard
and huis scouting staff were responsible for the '03 Draft!
Trevor Timmins was our director of scouting when that 2003 draft took place.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote