HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumour: Andrei Kostitsyn to Ak Bars Kazan?

Old
05-02-2008, 05:42 PM
psychonaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
Drafts since 2003 by nationality

Total number of players drafted = 42

Canada = 11 (26%)
Quebec = 10 (24%)
USA = 9 (21%)
Russia = 5 (12%)
Switzerland = 2 (5%)
Slovakia = 2 (5%)
Sweden = 2 (5%)
Finland = 1 (2%)

Get your facts straight
Did you get that on a site somewhere or you figured it yourself? I would love to see a team by team comparisons .

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:44 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
Did you get that on a site somewhere or you figured it yourself? I would love to see a team by team comparisons .
I just compiled the info from hockeydb.com on excel

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Trevor Timmins was our director of scouting when that 2003 draft took place.
I believe you are correct. And Andre Savard was the (departing) Habs GM, and Gainey was coming in.

But, just think, Habs could have had the big CENTRE that they need (and covet) had they taken Ryan Getzlaf. It's unlikely Getzlaf would have been a "threat" to go to Russia!

Hope the Canadiens organization has learned some lessons from all of this!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Hotstreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Adios, make some room for some Canadian boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
I believe you are correct. And Andre Savard was the (departing) Habs GM, and Gainey was coming in.

But, just think, Habs could have had the big CENTRE that they need (and covet) had they taken Ryan Getzlaf. It's unlikely Getzlaf would have been a "threat" to go to Russia!

Are you guys freaking serious? Christ. People are unbelievable sometimes.

Hotstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotstreak View Post
Are you guys freaking serious? Christ. People are unbelievable sometimes.
Canadians are better in the playoffs though; Don Cherry said it so it must be true

Franzen, Forsberg, Ovechkin, Malkin, Holmstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Jagr, Lidstrom, Zubov, Koivu..... These Europeans suck come playoff time, we should only ever draft Canadians.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUTH OF HABS View Post
this is a great test IMO.
i AGREE

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
Drafts since 2003 by nationality

Total number of players drafted = 42

Canada = 11 (26%)
Quebec = 10 (24%)
USA = 9 (21%)
Russia = 5 (12%)
Switzerland = 2 (5%)
Slovakia = 2 (5%)
Sweden = 2 (5%)
Finland = 1 (2%)

Get your facts straight
What about the Kostystyns and Grabovsky?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post

Yeah Getzlaf was sure a beast these playoffs

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
JrHockeyFan

How come these Russians never tried to steal Samsonov from us?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:04 PM
FerrisRox

It would be a shame if Andrei left. He has great skills and we're only just beginning to see what he's capable of.

That being said, quite simply, the Canadiens cannot begin to match the kind of money he will make in Russia.

It would help a lot if the Russians watched the Philadelphia series. Last game, Andrei Kostitsyn played the most gutless effort I've ever seen from a Montreal Canadien player in a playoff game with the possible exception of Sergei Berezin.

He quite simply refuses to pay the price to play in the playoffs. Without a doubt he was playing scared. If I see him playing his ineffective perimiter game again tomorrow night, i will lose my mind.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:26 PM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
It would be a shame if Andrei left. He has great skills and we're only just beginning to see what he's capable of.

That being said, quite simply, the Canadiens cannot begin to match the kind of money he will make in Russia.

It would help a lot if the Russians watched the Philadelphia series. Last game, Andrei Kostitsyn played the most gutless effort I've ever seen from a Montreal Canadien player in a playoff game with the possible exception of Sergei Berezin.

He quite simply refuses to pay the price to play in the playoffs. Without a doubt he was playing scared. If I see him playing his ineffective perimiter game again tomorrow night, i will lose my mind.

is it possible that he plays like that because he doesn't want to injure himself for this big contract?

I'm only throwing thoughts here... it's not what I believe.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Fozz

Quote:

But this is Kostitsyn's first career playoffs... A player rarely becomes a "playoff performer" in his first full season in the NHL. He had some pretty good games against Boston too. I think he can become an excellent big game player some day.

As for him getting an offer from Russia, I'm sure his agent has a lot to do with this information leaking out. He can use that argument to get more money from Gainey.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:55 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What about the Kostystyns and Grabovsky?
I included them in Russia

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Canadians are better in the playoffs though; Don Cherry said it so it must be true

Franzen, Forsberg, Ovechkin, Malkin, Holmstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Jagr, Lidstrom, Zubov, Koivu..... These Europeans suck come playoff time, we should only ever draft Canadians.
I don't think the debate will ever be about how they suck or not anymore. It's about how we'll develop them but then we'll see them leaving 'cause that SuperLeague will come and get them out of here....

We can't afford developing them and see them leave for nothing. If it's not the case for the Swedes, the Finns, well fine draft those guys. But seems to be that Russians might become more complicated from now on....having said that, I want Grachev and Petrov in the next draft....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:37 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't think the debate will ever be about how they suck or not anymore. It's about how we'll develop them but then we'll see them leaving 'cause that SuperLeague will come and get them out of here....

We can't afford developing them and see them leave for nothing. If it's not the case for the Swedes, the Finns, well fine draft those guys. But seems to be that Russians might become more complicated from now on....having said that, I want Grachev and Petrov in the next draft....
woah... what a strange post.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
nobody said that we should get rid of them... what are you smoking?
I guess you missed the posts that said " Make room for some Canadian boys " etc?

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:59 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
I guess you missed the posts that said " Make room for some Canadian boys " etc?
ok... I thought you were talking about my post...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

That's so self-pitying. Do I hear a whine?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 03:02 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
A restricted free agent. We drafted him, we developed him, he's blossoming into a star in this league. You know how much this would cripple the Canadiens to lose two future stars? All because Carbo can't properly coach a team
fixed

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 01:42 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
From Pat Hickey's column in today's Gazette

Quote:
Kostitsyn chuckles over Russian offer:
Andrei Kostitsyn wasn't in the Canadiens dressing room after practice yesterday, but the CH public relations staff said he was having a good laugh over a report that AK Bas Kazan, the New York Yankees of the Russian Elite League, has offered Kostitsyn $4 million for next season. It's not immediately apparent whether Kostitsyn was laughing because there's no truth to the report or he was simply giddy at the prospect of striking it rich next season.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
From Pat Hickey's column in today's Gazette
He probably chuckled at whatever they reported to him because he didn't understand a word they said and was trying to sound like he understood.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 02:01 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:

Because Higgins is playing a much grittier game I guess...

AK sucks, but he's still more effective than Higgins in this series... but I wish he would be more agressive and crash the net, espacially when he has the puck... he should be toying with these defensive pylons

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote