HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Worst article ever

Old
05-02-2008, 01:43 PM
JackieChan

vCash: 500
Blanchard and King are just brutal, most of the time. They somehow earned the right to express their opinion in a column, and I respect that, but their constant negativism towards the Habs HAS to be personnal, somebody from the Habs org. must have shut these guys out or something.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The truly sad part is that some people actually read and believe some of what this moron writes.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:16 PM
anarmandaleb

Is someone hating on Koivu again? I'll kill him. Leave my Koivu alone.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Turbo

I still like the idea that he should give up his left arm. I mean it's in writing and all.

Then again, I don't think NewHabsArea ever gave up his left (or was it right?) testicle for that prediction in 2005 (a Plekanec or Perezhogin vs Ribeiro thing if I remember correctly).

Backing-out when losing a body part wager .

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 06:58 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

If Koivu doesn't come back against Boston, we don't win the series. How can anyone blame Koivu for the loss? But of course the dude doesn't want to bash his Quebec buddy Begin...he has to bash the Finnish Captain. I don't know if any of you guys realize but that tool is using a form of racism.

Someone should send a letter to La Presse to condemn that article.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
If Koivu doesn't come back against Boston, we don't win the series. How can anyone blame Koivu for the loss? But of course the dude doesn't want to bash his Quebec buddy Begin...he has to bash the Finnish Captain. I don't know if any of you guys realize but that tool is using a form of racism.

Someone should send a letter to La Presse to condemn that article.
Blanchard is just stupid not racist 'cause on the same article he bashes and is totally cynical towards Brisebois as well...He wants people to read him, he wants to be talked about and guess what.....it works unfortunately.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 07:19 PM
JrHockeyFan

Koivu has 3 goals and 5 assists in 6 games

Somehow I doubt Koivu is a problem

PS: Some folks are dumping on S Kost who also has 3 G and 5A, and also leads with a +4. Why do folks shoot randomly to blame players for this predicament

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Kachino
@kachino82

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...0/CPACTUALITES

some quote about it: (translate by google)

''Begin, Begin, Begin, do you want me file peace with Begin ... Yes, he committed a monumental blunder at the end of the third, Wednesday, when he was surprised to commit obstruction in the central area while the Canadiens, 2-2, seemed on the verge of bringing the coup de grace to Flyers.''

''Koivu, the heart and soul of Canadian, master blameless, the leader par excellence, one that nobody, but nobody, no evidence of finger yesterday morning, despite the fact that it was also responsible for that Bégin the defeat of his own.''

''The separation of Koivu? During the last two games, Kovalev seemed very uneasy when, in attacking zone, Koivu, between two virevoltages, s'emparait of the puck and liked to lead the parade while Kovalev him the great leader, had to be content with the role of bystander, tired of being planted there to wait for a pass that most of the time did not come.''

''What do to revive the team?

-- Replace the C on the sweater Kovalev?''

Bashing our best player and our capitain from the start to the end.
Why do you waste time reading Michel Blanchard? I read an article written by him years ago and was just astonished by the amount of hate the guy could write about the Habs. Since then, I don't even bother reading his articles. I just read the title and it's enough for me. The guy always whine and whine no matter what... Even if the Habs win the Stanley Cup one day, he'll still whine.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 02:09 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

idiot. Not much else to say.

To watch game 4 and cast any blame on Koivu... that's terrible. What a ******.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 03:00 AM
MacHabs93

Reading that sounded like Pierre Rinfret talking.

Allo!?

Allo!?!

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 03:12 AM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If Koivu didn't come back,we wouldn't have lost against Boston
Well we didn't lose against Boston.

Damn you and your double negatives! What are you trying to say here?

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 03:16 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93 View Post
Reading that sounded like Pierre Rinfret talking.

Allo!?

Allo!?!
Ron Fournier too

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:45 AM
Kachino
@kachino82

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I think Jaydee96 told me personally that he hates Koivu ...

Not true... Just want to see if you would really want to kill Jaydee96..

I understand why people hate Koivu during the regular season but these are the same people who never remember what the guy did in past/current playoffs or past international competitions where players really have to step up in order to win.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:12 AM
gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
no... MY koivu

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Alcoolique*

Michel Blanchard.. I'm a La Presse reader and I really hate that guy. He's always searching for confrontation with his readers or controversy with what he wrote. He's just a classless jerk-off. Screw him. I don't even know why he has a job, the only thing he does is bashing, replying to his readers who wrote to him via Email(Obviously, he'll take the most stupid emails that he received lol... to reply to them.) As for the poster who said Ronald King's bad, I think he's good. He's diversified ,(Means he talks about lot of things here in Montreal.) I'll accord that he isn't the best Habs fan, and sometimes he's wrong about things about the habs(Like anybody that's fan of a team.)

I wish he would give up his place to a younger, more intelligent journalist.

Alcoolique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Teufelsdreck

An ingrained sense of inferiority motivates nativist rants like that. The author is as irrational as the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. He should realize that the Habs need players like Saku Koivu but that fringe players like Steve Bégin are as common as flies.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:48 AM
antidot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...0/CPACTUALITES

some quote about it: (translate by google)

''Begin, Begin, Begin, do you want me file peace with Begin ... Yes, he committed a monumental blunder at the end of the third, Wednesday, when he was surprised to commit obstruction in the central area while the Canadiens, 2-2, seemed on the verge of bringing the coup de grace to Flyers.''

''Koivu, the heart and soul of Canadian, master blameless, the leader par excellence, one that nobody, but nobody, no evidence of finger yesterday morning, despite the fact that it was also responsible for that Bégin the defeat of his own.''

''The separation of Koivu? During the last two games, Kovalev seemed very uneasy when, in attacking zone, Koivu, between two virevoltages, s'emparait of the puck and liked to lead the parade while Kovalev him the great leader, had to be content with the role of bystander, tired of being planted there to wait for a pass that most of the time did not come.''

''What do to revive the team?

-- Replace the C on the sweater Kovalev?''

Bashing our best player and our capitain from the start to the end.
Really ...You give a quote but don't give the most important part of the article ;

" Absolument personne n'a relevé sa millième punition inutile écopée en zone adverse quand, en début de deuxième, au moment où le Canadien par surcroît dominait tellement les Flyers que ces derniers ressemblaient davantage à une bande de poules sans tête qu'à une équipe de hockey, Koivu a été pénalisé pour avoir créé de l'obstruction.

C'est durant l'absence de Koivu qu'Umberger, assisté de Brière, a marqué son sixième but des séries. En avance 1-0, les Flyers se sont repliés par la suite en zone centrale, compliquant davantage le travail des hommes à Carbo. Massés à leur ligne bleue, les Flyers, patients mettez-en, se sont alors contentés d'attendre la prochaine gaffe du Canadien "

Basicaly , it says that nobody talked about his 1000 th useless penality in the offensive zone , that resulted in a goal . It was a lot more difficult for the Habs to come back , once the Flyers took the lead and closed the neutral zone .

If someone bilingual wants to traduce correctly that part of the article , the fans would have a better view of the article .

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Stephen Locke*

No need to translate that article.Even blind people can see Blanchard's hypocrite and irrational agenda against Koivu.It's honestly because of writers of this quality that La Presse's sports section is unbearable and has regressed unfortunately.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote