HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When hockey fans gone wild (serious thread)

Old
05-02-2008, 11:41 PM
nyrmetros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
This is nothing like European soccer though
Or Argentine soccer. Damn, Americans get so bent out of shape when nasty words get exchanged. They'd sh$t their pants if they ever went to a soccer game in Europe or South America. Hell even Asia is coming along nicely.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:44 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
It's probably the only time I've ever been embarrassed to be a Ranger fan.
NEVER be embarrassed to be a Rangers supporter. Always be proud. Follow! Follow!

Old
05-02-2008, 11:45 PM
squishy

We passed one of the two Pens fans in question, in handcuffs, talking to the cops, on our way out of the arena after the game. I only saw half of what went on, since we were on the other end of the ice from 305, but given the fact the Pens fan was the only one we saw in handcuffs, I kinda suspect he wasn't exactly an innocent bystander that got ganged up on by a bunch of a-hole Rangers fans.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 12:29 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
did he have a Crosby jersey on? Maybe he was taking a dive.
Amazing

Back to the topic, I would never get in a physical confrontation. With the price of tickets, anyone who does, unless they are provoked or have a friend or family member involved, is just idiotic.

However, if you wear Pens stuff into the Garden, especially in the atmosphere like Game 4, sorry but you're going to get stuff yelled at you. I'd expect the same for Rangers fans going into the Igloo. If it's a kid, I don't agree with it obviously, but any adults wearing Pens stuff need to expect it.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 12:41 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I know a guy who sits in section 305. It's supposed to be the best section in the 300 level.
The seats I get on occasion in 304 are tremendous row e dead center ice.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 12:41 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
NEVER be embarrassed to be a Rangers supporter. Always be proud. Follow! Follow!
And in some cases KILL KILL KILL!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 12:42 AM
h0ckeyman

The most i've ever done of heckling at the garden was after game 6 last year i was pretty inebriated and very angry and upset...so i cornered a guy wearing a Drury Sabres jersey and intensely told him "YOU SEE THAT JERSEY? THAT GUY WILL BE WEARING BLUE NEXT SEASON!" the guy laughed hysterically and I walked away...

by god I was right!!!

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Paxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery Orr Pock View Post
Wearing your Rangers jersey can help you bond or get heckled by people. Is there a fine line when you don't treat someone like a human being when they wear an opposing jersey? When you see someone wearing another team's jersey, does it justify your right to beat them up?

Last night, around the vicinity of 305/306, there were Rangers fans yelling at a Penguins fan and then one pushed him so hard that he fell back. I don't know if he would have gotten back up if it wasn't for his backpack. Things got heated and the Penguins fan ran (up the stairs) back after the Rangers fan that pushed him. The next thing that happened made me wish that I wasn't a Rangers fan (at that moment), the Rangers fan pushed his guy down the stairs. I swear I saw him flip down and hit the barrier into row A of that section.

I understand that we are fans who support a different team but when did we stop being humans. When is it ok to hit someone because they are not supportive of your choosing?

I've been heckled, booed and I admit to have verbal confrontations with opposing fans but it's always in their arena and they said some racist stuff about me. Not once will I let a verbal confrontation get physical.

It was terrifying watching that Penguins fan fall down the stairs. What if he had died? How do you justify killing someone over a hockey game? Lastly, when did someone people decide that opposing hockey fans are human beings that don't deserve the same respect as the home team fans?
First playoff game at the Garden?

Out of all the arenas I've been to, the Garden and the Meadowlands have the most hostile crowds. 'Course, it's not so bad in the Meadowlands, as even if an arena-wide riot broke out, you'd only have to worry about 10 -15 people

I always figured this was due to NYC's massive population. You're a lot more likely to run into a jerk there than, say, Ticonderoga (Port Henry's a different story )

Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 01:58 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
are you a glasgow rangers supporter as well?

just with your follow follow quote?

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:17 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I seriosuly want to put this quote in my signature
heheh. go for it

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:19 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
The seats I get on occasion in 304 are tremendous row e dead center ice.
I'm talking atmosphere wise, not seat location.

Old
05-03-2008, 08:22 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
are you a glasgow rangers supporter as well?

just with your follow follow quote?
I figured you'd get the reference

Old
05-03-2008, 10:21 AM
GilliesGirlie

Intresting thread...

I will say this, when you are a fan of the visting team don't act like a jerk, remember where you are and be respectful. Having said that, it doesn't give the home team fans the right to toss things at you or take things from you. I'm all for good natured trash talk, but for it to get violent is just sad.

I have seen plenty of idiots at the coliseum (from both fanbases) when it's Isles vs Rangers, when I was a kid my father wouldn't bring me.

It's pretty sad that one cannot go to any sporting event (as it happens in all sports) and not worry about the idiot next to you...

Old
05-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
The most i've ever done of heckling at the garden was after game 6 last year i was pretty inebriated and very angry and upset...so i cornered a guy wearing a Drury Sabres jersey and intensely told him "YOU SEE THAT JERSEY? THAT GUY WILL BE WEARING BLUE NEXT SEASON!" the guy laughed hysterically and I walked away...

by god I was right!!!
can you go to a caps game next year?pleeeease???

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 10:49 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
can you go to a caps game next year?pleeeease???
Careful what you wish for!

He may approach a guy wearing a Poti jersey next time.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 10:53 AM
John Torturella

Ive been to around 45 games (including playoffs) the past 3 years and can not remember fights during the game like this.

With the amt. of beer these guys drink, its surprising it happens so rarely.

I just assumed the Pens fans did something to start a fight. Not that they deserve it, but they instigated it.

If you go there and just sit and watch the hockey game (including cheering for your team) and dont do anything stupid, no one will bother you for the most part.

There was a group of Pens fans in the section behind me and no one bothered them.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:01 AM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
We passed one of the two Pens fans in question, in handcuffs, talking to the cops, on our way out of the arena after the game. I only saw half of what went on, since we were on the other end of the ice from 305, but given the fact the Pens fan was the only one we saw in handcuffs, I kinda suspect he wasn't exactly an innocent bystander that got ganged up on by a bunch of a-hole Rangers fans.
I saw 3 Pens fans being taken away: kid in Pens jersey and back pack, kid in Lemieux jersey, and kid in a Bettis jersey. The kid with the back pack retaliated for something. The other two, I'm not sure they did anything.

I think it's tough for away fans to attend games, depending on where they're going. Once the guys in the Lemieux and Bettis jerseys sat down in there seats, they were getting heckled. They even tried talking to the Ranger fans and getting along with them just to prevent anything happening. Yet they were kicked out.

Once you're wearing opposing colors, you're at a disadvantage. And unless security is there to see everything that happened, the away fan is the one to get the blame first. Saw it at Shea versus the Phillies.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Choice

Didnt see the fights, but on the way out anyone in a Pens jersey was getting heckled pretty badly. Have no problem with saying whatever to opposing fans, but you have to be an idiot/too tanked to let it come to blows.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:00 PM
MiniRide

I have a pretty loud mouth when it comes to games.. During the regular season.. Was at a penguins game in Section 68... Me and him went back and forth the whole time.. Just trash talk.. End of game.. He shook my hand and said good game.. Thursday night.. same guy was there.. we went through the same thing and we were all good to go.. If somebody hit me.. It would be game on.. But as far as words are concerned in sports.. it is all good fun..

MiniRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Homerocks*

Quote:
did he have a Crosby jersey on? Maybe he was taking a dive.
You even had me crack a smile on this one.

Homerocks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Homerocks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniRide View Post
I have a pretty loud mouth when it comes to games.. During the regular season.. Was at a penguins game in Section 68... Me and him went back and forth the whole time.. Just trash talk.. End of game.. He shook my hand and said good game.. Thursday night.. same guy was there.. we went through the same thing and we were all good to go.. If somebody hit me.. It would be game on.. But as far as words are concerned in sports.. it is all good fun..
Some people can dish it and take it...others take it personally. Throw some beer in the mix and these unfortunate things happen.

One of my friend's father was stabbed in the parking lot after a Giants game in the early 80's over an argument.

Homerocks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:14 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
I figured you'd get the reference

uefa cup finalists. what a great feeling

trying my hardest to get tickets for the final but its being said that more than 100,000 fans will be travelling to the game. tickets are being sold at a ridiculous price on ebay and other sites so i am not getting my hopes up.

fingers crossed i get lucky

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:42 PM
chosen

Quote:
Huh? out of line? HUH???
What is so tough to understand about my comment?

I've seen Rangers fans threaten to kill opposing fans. I've seen Rangers fans yell out curse after curse at people who did nothing besides wear the "wrong" jersey". Makes it tough to bring a young kid to a game unless you want them to grow up aholes, too.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Snatch? After reading your whine fest I'm pretty sure that thats exactly what exists between your legs... Man up and then go **** yourself..... classy enough for ya????
Although I should probably be offended, I had to laugh at this.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:52 PM
chosen

Quote:
What a crybaby.

The security guard was right. Be a man or go home.
People are throwing quarters at a guy's head who is minding his own business, and your brilliant solution is to try and fight a whole section and call someone a crybaby for talking to what is supposedly security. Another person who doesn't get it.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote