HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

When hockey fans gone wild (serious thread)

Old
05-03-2008, 05:54 PM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Although I should probably be offended, I had to laugh at this.
Sorry Ash. I actually thought of you before I hit the submit button. Thanks for not taking offense.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:54 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Snatch? After reading your whine fest I'm pretty sure that thats exactly what exists between your legs... Man up and then go **** yourself..... classy enough for ya????
You can't extract class from where no class exists.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 05:58 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Ah class. The most famous word at HF........

Old
05-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Sorry Ash. I actually thought of you before I hit the submit button. Thanks for not taking offense.
Let me rephrase: "Although most women would be offended..."

haha, we're all good.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 06:07 PM
chosen

Quote:
Ah class. The most famous word at HF........
I thought the most famous words here were: F Malik, F Renney, F Sather, F Bettman, F refs, and "Here's how my lineup would look".

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 06:11 PM
HAPPY HOUR

amongst other I can think of....

Last edited by HAPPY HOUR: 05-03-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old
05-03-2008, 06:36 PM
jagrgodr

Most men are morons and dont know how to act like real men, especially when it comes to sports, its pretty crazy.

jagrgodr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 06:42 PM
SpeedSkatOrr

The purpose of this thread was to convey a message. Whether or not it's hockey, just walking down the street, who instigated and who's wearing what jersey. We are all human beings and don't deserve to batter each other. There is absolutely NO REASON! There are people out there who gets killed over $30, an IPod .. whatever! It's senseless! I've had season tickets since after the lockout and I've seen fights and verbal confrontations that got out of hand. This is the first time that I was watching one of those confrontations and was afraid for someone's life. Do you know how easy it is to break your neck down a flight of stairs? As someone who was closer said earlier, he enjoyed watching the Penguins fan roll down the stairs and hit the railing. There is enough violence in the news, do we need to create more? and over a hockey game?

To answer someone's question, there were 2 EMTs there, one ran towards the section but walk away 5 minutes later because there were 2-3 others there already. I guess that kid was ok but I am sure that he'll be hurting the next day. Thank goodness no one was seriously hurt!

Maybe I am a female and more sensitive to issues like this and men with their testosterone wants to see violence and don't see anything wrong with beating someone's ass .. for NO REASON. In the end, the right or wrong is not who instigated or who hit who first but it's who's seriously hurt or killed. The law don't care who instigated an argument, if a victim is hospitalized or dead. That's all!

SpeedSkatOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 06:51 PM
jagrgodr

I think men can be rather nasty, especially in sports situations. Ontop of that add Alcohol and its not a good combination. I am a man and i honestly can't stand most guys, because of things like this. Most men are not sensitive and they would rather express their emotions by taunting and fighting. My brother is like that and i cant stand it, i went to a play off game with him in Atlanta last year and he was drunk and got in a fight with another Thrashers fan at the end of the game and we missed the stick salute!

jagrgodr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 07:06 PM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery Orr Pock View Post
The purpose of this thread was to convey a message. Whether or not it's hockey, just walking down the street, who instigated and who's wearing what jersey. We are all human beings and don't deserve to batter each other. There is absolutely NO REASON! There are people out there who gets killed over $30, an IPod .. whatever! It's senseless! I've had season tickets since after the lockout and I've seen fights and verbal confrontations that got out of hand. This is the first time that I was watching one of those confrontations and was afraid for someone's life. Do you know how easy it is to break your neck down a flight of stairs? As someone who was closer said earlier, he enjoyed watching the Penguins fan roll down the stairs and hit the railing. There is enough violence in the news, do we need to create more? and over a hockey game?

To answer someone's question, there were 2 EMTs there, one ran towards the section but walk away 5 minutes later because there were 2-3 others there already. I guess that kid was ok but I am sure that he'll be hurting the next day. Thank goodness no one was seriously hurt!

Maybe I am a female and more sensitive to issues like this and men with their testosterone wants to see violence and don't see anything wrong with beating someone's ass .. for NO REASON. In the end, the right or wrong is not who instigated or who hit who first but it's who's seriously hurt or killed. The law don't care who instigated an argument, if a victim is hospitalized or dead. That's all!
I asked about the EMT's because as I said before, I was sitting right there as everything happened and didn't see them. I could've missed them because of the flood of bodies that were surrounding the area.

But I agree, I hate seeing this stuff myself. None of this would've happened if the Ranger fan had just stayed in his seat. I also don't see what's funny about having things thrown at you. It's amazing how sports can turn adults into the biggest children.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 07:09 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
I thought the most famous words here were: F Malik, F Renney, F Sather, F Bettman, F refs, and "Here's how my lineup would look".
You forgot 'F Poti', 'F Crosby' and the most recently added 'F Malkin'...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 07:10 PM
GilliesGirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery Orr Pock View Post

I agree with you, but they may be because I am also female. I really cannot understand how some can justify the behavior by "if you wear the opposing team's jersey you deserve it"

It's garbage wether it be Ranger/Islander/Devil/Flyer/Penguin (et.al) fan who takes part in such behavior.

Again, I understand trash talking when it's done in a tongue in cheek fashion with all sides being civil but still having fun with it.

Once you start throwing things (fists included) it becomes stupid and ruins the fun for everyone.

I understand the one guy who posted about his father being attacked, I understand why he reacted and have no problem with that.

It's just silly to get into a pissing match with someone over a sports team

Old
05-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

First of all...It wasn't the 305 poeple...it was the next section over.

Secondly, the Pittburgh fan instigated the whole damn thing. You are right...no need to attack a guy for wearing another team sweater. There is also no reason to to act like an *******, and challenge a whole section to a fight....But that's how some people react on steriods! That guy was clearly looking for it, and was certinly big and jacked up enough to handle himself. His little budd that ran back into the Garden and up the stairs is an even bigger idiot! 18,000 fans, if you look for it hard enough, youre gonna find it...and the two Pens fans did. But, as far as EMT's go...I saw those guys in front of the garden after the game. Discheveled yes...but they didn't look none the worse for wear.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
People are throwing quarters at a guy's head who is minding his own business, and your brilliant solution is to try and fight a whole section and call someone a crybaby for talking to what is supposedly security. Another person who doesn't get it.
Anything under a silver dollar is par for the course.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Oh look, Chosen is here again to tell us all how to act.

Old
05-03-2008, 07:28 PM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post

Secondly, the Pittburgh fan instigated the whole damn thing. You are right...no need to attack a guy for wearing another team sweater. There is also no reason to to act like an *******, and challenge a whole section to a fight....But that's how some people react on steriods! That guy was clearly looking for it, and was certinly big and jacked up enough to handle himself. His little budd that ran back into the Garden and up the stairs is an even bigger idiot! 18,000 fans, if you look for it hard enough, youre gonna find it...and the two Pens fans did. But, as far as EMT's go...I saw those guys in front of the garden after the game. Discheveled yes...but they didn't look none the worse for wear.
Yeah, the guy in the Laraque shirt definitely shouldn't have mocked our section, but he was on his way out anyway. The Ranger fan could've stayed in his seat. It's tough for some people to control their emotions, I know, but c'mon. It was a dumb thing to do and he's very lucky he wasn't kicked out himself. Luckily for him, Garden security is really slow.

Old
05-03-2008, 07:30 PM
GilliesGirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post

I agree.

I'm an Islander fan who doesn't live on the Island anymore, so when I see the Isles play it's usually in ATL or Tampa. I realize that there isn't much hate between the fan bases, I realize that I'm not at the coliseum and I need to respect the "home" I'm in. I still cheer my team on, but I'm not obnoxious about it and I also don't rip the home team or their fans.

I'm willing to bet that if I went to MSG and behaved the way I do when I'm in ATL watching the Isles that I wouldn't have a problem at all.

GilliesGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 07:37 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
What is so tough to understand about my comment?

I've seen Rangers fans threaten to kill opposing fans. I've seen Rangers fans yell out curse after curse at people who did nothing besides wear the "wrong" jersey". Makes it tough to bring a young kid to a game unless you want them to grow up aholes, too.
You have grown up in the same environment. Did that make you an "ahole"? Why does every thing have to be about the children? It's such an easy cop out.

I have never thrown anything at anyone at a game, and never would. But I'm sorry if you go into an MSG playoff game wearing an opposing team's jersey you have to man up and deal with what you get. That's a choice you make when you pull that jersey over your head. Everyone knows damn well what they are potentially in for. I've been to Isles/Ranger games out here at the dump and I wear my Ranger jersey. If i get ****ed with it's my own fault. It's something I am ready to deal with.

Hockey games have been tough, adult affairs ever since the I can remember. You grew up at MSG, I did and pretty much everyone else on this board did. Did we all become "aholes"? If you think for a second that a kid wil grow up an "ahole" because he witnesses lunacy at the Garden, that's just ignorant. If a parent can't raise their kid to be a decent human being just because he's been to violent / crazy hockey games, then the parent is the real "a-hole".

I am so tired of everyone becoming high and mighty as soon as they parent a child. The world keeps turning whenther you have a kid or not. It's not the world's responsibility to make things light and fluffy for a child. It's the parent's. Do not expect everything else, including behavior at a hockey game, to revolve around it. Bring him to an Isles game and let him play with Sparky. (Sorry, Kristie)

Old
05-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Pruch025

People like that are disgusting. I might have to refrain myself if I were there. I would consider pushing the Rangers fan down the stairs too.

Pruch025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:08 PM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
You have grown up in the same environment. Did that make you an "ahole"? Why does every thing have to be about the children? It's such an easy cop out.

I have never thrown anything at anyone at a game, and never would. But I'm sorry if you go into an MSG playoff game wearing an opposing team's jersey you have to man up and deal with what you get. That's a choice you make when you pull that jersey over your head. Everyone knows damn well what they are potentially in for. I've been to Isles/Ranger games out here at the dump and I wear my Ranger jersey. If i get ****ed with it's my own fault. It's something I am ready to deal with.

Hockey games have been tough, adult affairs ever since the I can remember. You grew up at MSG, I did and pretty much everyone else on this board did. Did we all become "aholes"? If you think for a second that a kid wil grow up an "ahole" because he witnesses lunacy at the Garden, that's just ignorant. If a parent can't raise their kid to be a decent human being just because he's been to violent / crazy hockey games, then the parent is the real "a-hole".

I am so tired of everyone becoming high and mighty as soon as they parent a child. The world keeps turning whenther you have a kid or not. It's not the world's responsibility to make things light and fluffy for a child. It's the parent's. Do not expect everything else, including behavior at a hockey game, to revolve around it. Bring him to an Isles game and let him play with Sparky. (Sorry, Kristie)
It's not all about children. But shouldn't a parent be entitled to bring his kid to a game? Don't you think it's even a little sad that some parents are scared to bring their children to a sporting event? A friggin sporting event! It's not for adults only, ya know?

Old
05-04-2008, 12:13 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
can you go to a caps game next year?pleeeease???
Good idea!!

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:21 AM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Unclassy is you whining about it.

I've done plently of road trips wearing my Ranger gear, Outside 0f some comments no one has ever messed with me. I know how to handle myself & defuse situations b4 they get out of land, you apparently don't know how to handle you're self or can't because you're too scared.

clearly you did somthing wrong to warrent the abuse you recieved & deserved. Just because you buy a ticket to a game at our house doesn't give you the right to do or say anything you want. You cross into enemy lines you are gonna get shot at, it should come as no surprise. The best you can do is to cry to some security guards who were well aware of the crap you were pulling & they blew you off rightfully so. Now you hide behind a computer acting all tough calling us classless. Go die in a corner somewhere.
Dude, calm down. I agree he shouldn't label all Ranger fans as classless, is it so hard to believe that he or other Pens fans got crap for simply wearing the wrong jersey? I saw it happen myself to a couple of Pens fans. Hell, I was in 306 when that dumb "fight" broke out. I'm not saying he shouldn't expect to get heckled. Getting heckled comes with the territory. But to get stuff thrown at you? No one deserves that just for wearing the wrong colors.

Old
05-04-2008, 12:41 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterulz View Post
Dude, calm down. I agree he shouldn't label all Ranger fans as classless, is it so hard to believe that he or other Pens fans got crap for simply wearing the wrong jersey? I saw it happen myself to a couple of Pens fans. Hell, I was in 306 when that dumb "fight" broke out. I'm not saying he shouldn't expect to get heckled. Getting heckled comes with the territory. But to get stuff thrown at you? No one deserves that just for wearing the wrong colors.
Eh people aggravate me. I'm tired of people coming into our house thinking they are better than us.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:06 AM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Eh people aggravate me. I'm tired of people coming into our house thinking they are better than us.
I know dude. I wasn't happy seeing people in Pens jerseys walking around either but that doesn't mean anyone deserves to have anything happen to them. And I certainly don't want our fans to be labelled classless and for the most part, I bet anything they aren't. But some idiots are gonna act out. And it goes both ways. Not just some Ranger fans.

Old
05-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Was at a NYR/TOR game up in Toronto a few years ago. Bure scored the winner with less than a minute remaining on a breakaway

There were 6 of us and I can swear that we were the ONLY ones heard in the building.

We were given the evil eye by more than a few, but the immediate fans around us made us feel welcome and while there was trash talking both ways, it was in fun and all good natured.

When we got out of the building, obviously we were very vocal, but again, all in good fun and we were approached by a group of about 5-6 Leafs fans and while we thought something was going to go down, again nothing so it was cool.

My experience in Toronto would not suggest that they are an arena full of idiots like the Island and the Swamp and down in Filthadelphia, but I've been there just that one time so it's just a small sampling.

just my .2
Toronto fans are great. Most fans are. Rangers fans are a different breed however.

New york is a place like no other, so naturally the fans are as well to.

Honestly if you get in a fight over words at a hockey game, then thats just stupid. When people start throwing beer and stuff, its a different story.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote