HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 2; Game 5 Philly @ Montreal

Old
05-03-2008, 08:03 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Congrats on getting rid of Huet Bob. Price looks like a r@pe victim out there.

Granted, if Umberger breaks his spine or slices his neck in the 3rd my day will be made.
Of course. Every body knows we would have won with Huet. Washington could not with AO but we could

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hab-a-maniac

I don't question that we will come out hard in the 3rd. I do question the idea that we will get the breaks. I envision a great tying goal and then them regaining the lead after a dump-in deflects off the glass, off the linesman right to Hamburglar, his shot hits Price in the mask, goes off Umberger's face, hits the post, then bounces off Price and trickles in when Streit tries to put the puck under him. There, I found a more insane way for the Flyers to score a goal in this series.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bermy

Should be an interesting third period

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChemiseBleuHonnete

oh crap....

Now, it's obvious that trading Huet was a BIG mistake. Have you seen how well the team plays in front of Price??? This team could've went to the stanley cup finals!!!!!!!! Gainey ruined it by trading his veteran goalie. What an idiot.*

*This is my opinion and I'm not stupid to think this way. Thanks for understanding, Gainey's fanboys.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MAROONSRoad
f/k/a Ghost

Price let in 3 questionable goals...his goaltending is the only reason the habs are down in this series...time for the Canadians to use Halak in the third...if they don't, blame the coach and gm for losing to an inferior team after a great season...

MAROONSRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokanee View Post
Have faith, I'm sure the kid will give it his all in the 3rd and leave the team a chance to do what they should be able to do and get a couple goals to win!
If he plays in the 3rd period.

Galchy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The Richards goal was a brutal call, you can't give him the goal and allow it, he swatted the puck withn his hand...either he never touched it or it's no goal. F#$%$ NHL officiating.
Richards did not swat the puck with his hand.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Blaming Gainey is pointless. Did anyone really expect Price to blow this bad?? No one did, even given his age.

Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
wow either you missed Roys last game in Montreal or Theodore's last two seasons.
given the importance of the game, this is 100x worse.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

3 softies? 1 was illegal goal 1 was weak and 1 was horrible change dont blame it all on price

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB View Post
Worst goaltending in playoffs since a long long time.

Good job Bob
yes, bob has to be blamed for this situation. trading huet was a mistake... and everyone who keeps saying huet would be worse than price in these series are kidding themselves.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Last 3 start and Price has let in 11 goals, you don't win with goaltending like that.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
David_99

Do you guys notice a large percentage of goals scored on Carey can be considered "weird"? I don't just mean this series, but the whole season. Pucks taking strange bounces, his own team mates tripping him while he tries to make a save flat on his back, weird deflections?

It also seems every time one of these weird goals goes in, he just unravels and looks weak the rest of the game. I don't know if he's got those goals stuck on the brain, but it just seems that's what's happening.

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Just so we're crystal clear:

The Habs' goaltending is not losing them this series.

Sure, it's been sub-par and could be better, but the problem has been dominating play, generating scoring chances, and not putting the puck in. This is a combination of great goaltending by Biron and rotten puck luck by Montreal.

At the other hand it's the other way around... yes, Price has not been great, but he's also been victimized by amazing shots (how many went off the post and in?), screens, bad tips, and the like.

That 3-2 goal was flaggerbasting in its flukiness, and I guarantee you that the Habs can put any number of bodies in front of the net and shoot through and the way the puck is rolling, they never score a goal like that.
Luck goes both ways. You're delusional if you don't think that goaltending cost us this series.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
It's hard after our goaltending performance, but gota move on. I BELIEVE BEAK!
Polish up that ring Mooch, we're gonna need it for the 3rd.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
I don't understand all the hate for Price. He wasn't weak on any goal they scored...

Umberger somehow finds a way to touch it on the rebound while on the ground
Mike Richards deflects it with his hand
Umberger somehow finds the smallest hole from behind the net (horseshoe up his ass)
Hartnell with a perfect shot that hits the inside of the post to go in

All the lucky bounces are still going the Flyers way...it's really frustrating to watch

I have no shame saying the Habs have been controlling the play for much of the series and should be ahead right now and I don't see what the big overraction from most fans is all about.

Seriously get a ****ing grip of yourself and stop trying to find a scapegoat when there isn't one.
use the ignore feature, it works wonders.
its sad because all these ppl bashing him would be the first to support him if we were winning. the ones that would say "I told you so"

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
I don't understand all the hate for Price. He wasn't weak on any goal they scored...
Are we watching the same game?

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
emb24*

he needs to regroup that simple. play their season in the 3rd.

look what SJ has been able to do vs Dallas. Nabokov was weak on the stars' goals last night

let's go Carey

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TroyM

Everyone calling that Richards goal no-goal has no idea what they are talking about and should quiet down. He was so obviously trying to grab the puck and drop it OR bat it down to his stick, and even then it went of his body near the shoulder, get a grip and stop looking for an officiating conspiracy, such a babies way to try and feel like it aint our fault or something...

GO HABS GO!!

I'm ready to rock again, needed a few minutes to gain back the confidence, hope the team did the same in the room...

EDIT: Also anyone who blames Gainey is ****ing NUTS and I hope to GOD you never get in a position of authority because you would fail miserably. Just my opinion though friends, I love ya all.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgins2121 View Post
3 softies? 1 was illegal goal 1 was weak and 1 was horrible change dont blame it all on price
The first one wasn't illegal, it hit Richards' shoulder, and the Hartnell goal was a shot from a poor shooting position on the outside that beat him.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 08:05 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Now, it's obvious that trading Huet was a BIG mistake.
Goaltending is not losing this series, and the decision was aimed at next year, not this year. Price is accumulating playoff experience.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Umberger somehow finds a way to touch it on the rebound while on the ground
Mike Richards deflects it with his hand
Umberger somehow finds the smallest hole from behind the net (horseshoe up his ass)
Hartnell with a perfect shot that hits the inside of the post to go in

All the lucky bounces are still going the Flyers way...it's really frustrating to watch

I have no shame saying the Habs have been controlling the play for much of the series and should be ahead right now and I don't see what the big overraction from most fans is all about.

Seriously get a ****ing grip of yourself and stop trying to find a scapegoat when there isn't one.
I don't think anybody HATES Price...they just hate the fact that Gainey traded our all-star goalie and threw his 2 rookies to the wolves. This is a perfect example of why that was a dumb move...especially in the Montreal fishbowl.

If you are Cam Ward in Raleigh, there is not much pressure...but being Carey Price in Montreal is a whole other deal.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Just so we're crystal clear:

The Habs' goaltending is not losing them this series.

Sure, it's been sub-par and could be better, but the problem has been dominating play, generating scoring chances, and not putting the puck in. This is a combination of great goaltending by Biron and rotten puck luck by Montreal.

At the other hand it's the other way around... yes, Price has not been great, but he's also been victimized by amazing shots (how many went off the post and in?), screens, bad tips, and the like.

That 3-2 goal was flaggerbasting in its flukiness, and I guarantee you that the Habs can put any number of bodies in front of the net and shoot through and the way the puck is rolling, they never score a goal like that.
We've been outplaying Philly since game 1.

Habs stakers >>> Philly skaters

I'm not saying we should crucify Price, but the reason why we're losing is in goal, nowhere else

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Last 3 start and Price has let in 11 goals, you don't win with goaltending like that.
you don't win when you miss the net like 10-15 times a game from the slot either

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Adam91

3 goals in the period is the only chance for the Habs, I do not beleive, I admit, but anyways GO HABS GO

Adam91 is online now   Reply With Quote