HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cudos to Carey Price

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
  #1
Bob in Niagara
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Cudos to Carey Price

Thank you Carey...you had a great first year in the NHL...a few bumps here and there...but you have tremendous talent and I will be looking forward to cheering you on for years to come. Great job!!!

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:14 PM
  #2
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,275
vCash: 500
experience...

he's gained great experience in this series

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:15 PM
  #3
flyers156
Registered User
 
flyers156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
He is still very raw, but you can see he IS going to be a stud. I'd kill to have a guy like him, a couple years down the road he will be a top 5 goalie.

flyers156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
  #4
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 163
I would also like to thank Carey Price, but for a differnent reason

Kidding, but he could and most likley will be a Vezina candiadate in the future and will bring Montreal great playoff success for the next 5-10 years

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
  #5
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Thank you Carey!
I have no doubt in my mind he will bounce back and this experience will make him a better goalie.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
  #6
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Great thread. Making this whole thing about Price is just plain nuts. Tonite I blame the kid for 1 goal. Just 1. How many other players made more than one mistake

Hopefully we go out now into the free agent market and wisely choose a guy who can score when we need it. We have lots of what it take sto win a game but not the Cup. We are closer than we have been in 14 years

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:17 PM
  #7
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,483
vCash: 500
I was seriously very impressed by him in the third period. He redeemed himself that period and gave us a chance to still win the game before that fluke goal happened.

Obviously he wasn't great this series but the kid is 20, he gained great experience and he will only get better.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
  #8
thehabsvolta
 
thehabsvolta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
thanks flyers and dandy...you guys gave him a hell of a learning lesson. He will come back stronger and wiser next season. This is his team moving forward. Nobody is perfect and the expectations put on this kid were absolutely ridiculous! Give him time...he's gonna be a stud.

thehabsvolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
  #9
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
He played great, he doesn't play the way he did against Boston we don't get to the 2nd round anyway. Sure he had some ups and downs, what do you expect he is 20!

Too much is being put on his shoulders and not enough is being said on how poor his defense was in the playoffs and how our PK was awful as well.

A player can lose you a game, but not a series.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
  #10
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,823
vCash: 81
From an Oiler fan, much praise to Price. To even play his level and win the starting job from an experienced quality vet, and then put his team through to the playoffs, all at 20 years of age is quite a feat. He's going to be an absolute stud in his prime.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
  #11
Raoul Duke*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,007
vCash: 500
He will be great. Part of me actually felt a little sorry for him because he is so young and seems like a good kid.

Tip of the hat to your fans tonight to chant his name after I'm sure he felt like crying inside. At 20 years old I know I would be shaken beyond belief.

Raoul Duke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:19 PM
  #12
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
as great as i think he will be one day, i've never seen a goaltender lose his focus that much after giving up a shaky goal, he flat out completely stops playing, i blame Carbo partly realizing how young this kid is, and not just calling a TO and settling the kid down...but obviously he has a great future and will build upon this

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:19 PM
  #13
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,210
vCash: 500
The guy plays on his knee's too much. Even shots from the point. Next year he's going to play the entire game on his knee's. Bob is going to be shopping for a veteran goaltender next season.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
  #14
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever
 
Gret99zky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,580
vCash: 6964
Take the Patrick Roy road and not the Steve Penney highway.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
  #15
Bob in Niagara
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Great thread. Making this whole thing about Price is just plain nuts. Tonite I blame the kid for 1 goal. Just 1. How many other players made more than one mistake

Hopefully we go out now into the free agent market and wisely choose a guy who can score when we need it. We have lots of what it take sto win a game but not the Cup. We are closer than we have been in 14 years
Exactly....there were a lot of guys out there that just did not seem to care...or work hard enough to create scoring chances and to capitalize on them...plus the kid was left all alone far too may times...we kept playing kitty by the door...and it bit us in the ass...besides the Flyers were a lot grittier than us...I think that's what we need more than anything else...

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:22 PM
  #16
Kue
Interviewing for GM
 
Kue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland OR
Country: United States
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
as great as i think he will be one day, i've never seen a goaltender lose his focus that much after giving up a shaky goal, he flat out completely stops playing, i blame Carbo partly realizing how young this kid is, and not just calling a TO and settling the kid down...but obviously he has a great future and will build upon this
I think you can see this back in the Boston series. After a bad goal it seems instead of hunckering down he gives up on the game.

This will diminish away with age.

Kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:22 PM
  #17
ed ible*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
He does play on his knees and expects the puck to hit him instead of making the save.................but..........he will learn and things will be even better.

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:23 PM
  #18
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally
 
Galchenyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,230
vCash: 500
He's shown us that he has amazing potential, but he ran out of gas against Philly...

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:23 PM
  #19
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers156 View Post
He is still very raw, but you can see he IS going to be a stud. I'd kill to have a guy like him, a couple years down the road he will be a top 5 goalie.
I believe since the first game Carey seemed to start doubting himself on where to place his body. It all started when his own players deflected pucks into the net. If he would of been a more seasoned goalie he probably could of just shrugged it off as bad luck but instead he seemed to try to start compensating for possible deflections and it took him out of his normal positioning. It was a learning experience and maybe we could of went further if we had Huet. The Habs management gave the ball to Price and that is huge pressure for a 20 year old rookie goalie in the most storied hockey franchise.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:25 PM
  #20
Bob in Niagara
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
He does play on his knees and expects the puck to hit him instead of making the save.................but..........he will learn and things will be even better.
A lot of this has to be coming from Melanson...don't you think?

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:26 PM
  #21
flyers156
Registered User
 
flyers156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I believe since the first game Carey seemed to start doubting himself on where to place his body. It all started when his own players deflected pucks into the net. If he would of been a more seasoned goalie he probably could of just shrugged it off as bad luck but instead he seemed to try to start compensating for possible deflections and it took him out of his normal positioning. It was a learning experience and maybe we could of went further if we had Huet. The Habs management gave the ball to Price and that is huge pressure for a 20 year old rookie goalie in the most storied hockey franchise.
It's all positioning and timing from here. He has everything else.

flyers156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:27 PM
  #22
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
This kid will be scary good

  Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:28 PM
  #23
ed ible*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Niagara View Post
A lot of this has to be coming from Melanson...don't you think?
Good God Rolly was one of the worst goalies ever.........

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
  #24
Bob in Niagara
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
This kid will be scary good
When he is on...he is already...

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 09:30 PM
  #25
Bob in Niagara
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
Good God Rolly was one of the worst goalies ever.........
Everyone keeps saying he is an amazing goalie coach though...so I guess we will see...

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.