HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup for Game 5 Sunday (merged)

Old
05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Same lineup, although I'd maybe switch Prucha and Dawes. I like Dawes playing with Shanahan, I like Callahan playing with Gomez, and I like the idea of having Prucha playing with Gomez.

Straka - Dubi - Jagr
Callahan - Gomez - Prucha
Dawes - Drury - Shanahan
SHO

or

Straka - Dubi - Jagr
Callahan - Drury - Prucha
Dawes - Gomez - Shanahan
SHO

DGS did well together in the past, that's the only reason why I mention this combo.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Although I think we could have been better, I'm a bit hesitant to start jumbling lines after we just won 3-0.

The only thing I might consider doing is getting Korpedo in for Orr. I know Hollweg is lousy, but at least he's got speed. I'd be tempted to swap Dawes and Prucha, but Drury and Prucha seemed to be clicking last night.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:40 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Same lineup, although I'd maybe switch Prucha and Dawes. I like Dawes playing with Shanahan, I like Callahan playing with Gomez, and I like the idea of having Prucha playing with Gomez.

Straka - Dubi - Jagr
Callahan - Gomez - Prucha
Dawes - Drury - Shanahan
SHO

or

Straka - Dubi - Jagr
Callahan - Drury - Prucha
Dawes - Gomez - Shanahan
SHO

DGS did well together in the past, that's the only reason why I mention this combo.
put korpikoski over hollweg. at least with korpikoski u dont gotta worry about dumb penalties.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:44 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
put korpikoski over hollweg. at least with korpikoski u dont gotta worry about dumb penalties.
How do you know? He's never played an NHL before.\

We get it you're not a Hollweg fan.

05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamRanger View Post
What do you guys think?

Everyone looked totally in sync tonight, with the exception of Gomez who was somewhat quiet. As much as I don't like Prucha he had some decent shifts.

Betts was out, but our PK played most satisfactorily. Do we keep him out, or put him in at risk of upsetting the chemistry? I liked the way Strudwick played also (10 mins)

_________
I don't think Betts is able to chew any food, let alone play. As soon as swelling subsides he will get surgery done to make his chattered orbital bone one piece again. He is lost and we could lose as well because of his injury. Wear the visor, will you, please.
No change to the lineup. Hollweg is fine. If we can get second Hollweg we would have a better chance to win.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
otterulz

I'm hesitant to put in Korpikoski. Guy has never played an NHL game and to put him in a must-win situation on the road? No thanks. If there was ever a chance, it was last night.

I think Struds played well, that is to say, what he's capable of. He looked shaky at the start but remember that he hasn't played in a while. I thought he did a fine job.

Prucha was great, IMO. He had energy and it showed. He was darting around and had a couple of scoring chances.

I think Gomez needs to step it up. He seemed to move the puck without purpose and turned it over a couple of times.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Fletch

There's about a zero chance...

that Renney would change the lineup after last night's game. Renney almost never changes things up after a win, and I don't see him starting to do that now. And in any event, Jagr and Lundqvist will have to win another as any player on the bench likely will not be what puts this team over the top at this point.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Fletch

otter...

while I'm not going to advocate putting a guy like Korps in I will say that it may be tough to screw things up going out there for four shifts in a game to provide energy and get the puck deep. That, I believe, he can do.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
The Thomas J.*

Sit Hollweg please!
I wonder if Renney is saving Malik for the road.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 12:00 PM
NYReign

I like Inferno's idea about subbing Hutchinson in for Hollweg because he really can't be worse than Tyutin on the point and Hollweg couldn't have had more than 6 shifts so there's no point in keeping him in there when one mistake ends our season. Gomer and Dubi were already taking extra shifts, they'll be fine as long as we continue to limit the ice time of that line.

What did everyone think of the attempted hit by Orr on Crosby? I thought that looked nearly as bad as what Hollweg did on Tuesday and I was surprised to find myself happy that Crosby ducked because I think we might have found ourselves on a major PK that could have crippled us. Gotta make sure we play smart, as much as we may not like Crosby.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 10:36 PM
shout2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Prucha played well. I'd take Straka off the top line, he's simply missed too many chances. Give Prucha or even Shanny a chance to bury those chances from the slot.

And scratch Hollweg and give Korpedo a shot, for the 3 minutes he played, should at least give it to somebody who won't be a liability.
Have you been watching the New York Rangers Playoff's or you watching a different series. To say take Straka off of the first line with Jagr and Dubinsky is really just.. there is no words to describe. That line is the one and only reason we are as deep in the playoffs. They have 33 points in 9 games.

shout2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 10:25 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Wow, we must of saw completely different games.

Gomez, Callahan, and Strudwick were all terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Callahan's worst game of the PO's along with Gomez, and Strudwick was ****ing ridiculously horrendous, couldn't even make the simple play.

Go with the goods and put Malik in. Get Hollweg the **** out of there and put Korpedo in. Keep Prucha in.
Yes, but the question is what game were you watching. Strudwick was fine -- he played safe, solid hockey. Callahan contiunues to have more passion than talent. He's fine. I agree Gomez has not been shining but I think that a) he played better than in game 3 and b) he is being heavily checked, especially when he tries to carry the puck out of the Rangers end. The Penguins have a good scheme to attack in the Rangers end and this is causing problems for several players including Gomer, Dubinsky and Backman. Don't know if it is a case of him playing that bad of him getting so much attention.And, in the event you missed it, we just pitched a shutout.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 10:26 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
dont change a damn thing....we won with this squad....stick with them

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:24 AM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

The lines should be based on the mystical power of 33

Straka Dubinsky Jagr total years in the league = 33

Shanahan Gomez Callahan Total of ages - total of jersey numbers = 33

Dawes-Drury-Prucha Total of ages - Total of jersy numbers + total years in league = 33

(Korpiskoski jersey number - (sjostrom jersey number + Orr jersey number)) + ((sjostrom age + Orr age) - korpiskoski age) = 33

Colton Orr born on March 3rd = 33

Tyutin jersey number - staal jersey number = 33

(mara jersey number + age + years in league) - (Girardi jersey number + age + years in league) = 33

(((Backman jersey + years in league) - age) + ((Rosival Age + years in league) - jersey) divided by 2 defensemen = 33

Strudwick? (His jersey + his age) divided by 2 = 33

Lundqvist jersey number + years in league = 33

33 33 33 33

Thirty three thirty three thirty three thirty three ........... AAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!

time for bed

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:28 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Yes, but the question is what game were you watching. Strudwick was fine -- he played safe, solid hockey. Callahan contiunues to have more passion than talent. He's fine. I agree Gomez has not been shining but I think that a) he played better than in game 3 and b) he is being heavily checked, especially when he tries to carry the puck out of the Rangers end. The Penguins have a good scheme to attack in the Rangers end and this is causing problems for several players including Gomer, Dubinsky and Backman. Don't know if it is a case of him playing that bad of him getting so much attention.And, in the event you missed it, we just pitched a shutout.
Strudwick did play safe solid hockey, but was just awful. Im a huge Strudwick fan and think what he has done for this team, stepping in when needed and out when not,however against the pens he just does not have it.

Id be willing to give Malik a go.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote