HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey???

Old
05-03-2008, 11:35 PM
CanadaIsHockey

vCash: 500
Honestly, some people should STOP trying to be analysts cause honestly you have no clue what you're talking about.

If you talk about Gainey getting very little for Huet in that trade, I may agree with you, but hey, he got the most he could. Remember, Bryzgalov went for free off Waivers, the Market for Goalies just wasn;t there.

But blaming Gainey for a failed cup run..... honestly, this is why Montreal hasn't done ANYTHING in the last 15 years. We have NO patience to let our young talent develop, we just want everything now.
Gainey on the other hand knew exactly what he was getting into. The man stayed patient in the 4 years he's been here so far and allowed the young talent to develop. Pretty much telling most people he's in charge and no 1 else willl influence him. The way some people make it sound, hell would you like Rejean Houle back???

Lets compare Price to Huet:
-Huet has more NHL experience then Price.
-Huet is CURRENTLY a more stable, and some will argue, but lets face facts, Huet is still better then price, but by a very slim margin, and that is closing up very fast.
-Huet is 32, will be 33 for the start of next year. His abilities are just declining as he gets older. Price is 20, is full of potential, and is expected to become a Star, even a superstar goalie in the NHL.
-Huet gets payed over 3 million $ a year to price's 850k + Bonus for the next 3 years.
-Huet has never started more then 51 games in a year, and that he did it this year with Habs/Wash... the man has never had a full NHL season. I ain't saying Price has.. but it looks promissing.

Guys, let's look at the big picture here.
At the beginning of the year, Montreal was expected to miss the playoffs, analysts put them around 13th in the East. They finished 1st overall. That in itself is an achievement.
But not only that, we made it to the 2nd round to face the Flyers. Those same Flyers who eliminated Huet and the Caps. Some will argue in 7, But honestly, who cares? Washington lost, point final. It's like saying you finished 2nd in a race by only 2 seconds instead of 2 laps.... Guess what, end result is the same, you lost, no 1 really cares by how much.
Price in his 1st year made it to the 2nd round, that in itself is an achievement that people should be proud of. Let's face it, like it or not, we were gonna lose Huet anyways. At least we got something instead of nothing.
Let's give this team credit, They had 1 hell of a season. A season full of unexpected highlights, achievements, whether it was Kostitsyn's highlight reel goals, or Price's highlight reel saves, or even the miraculous comeback vs the Rangers when we were down 5-0. These guys played with heart and passion, and in the end, they gave it ALL they had, but it seems the Flyers were just superior.
Stop comparing teams by rankings as only 7 points separated the Flyers from the Habs. That means Montreal was averaging 1 point more per month then Phily in the regular season, which is equivalent to an overtime loss.
Let's embrace this team as it seems to have a very bright future ahead. Let us stop thinking about winning NOW not caring about later, and lets care about what the future has to offer. Face it, we want a competitive team for years to come, a team that will have a chance to compete for the cup EVERY year, and not just 1 year out of 3.

People, look at the big picture, we are heading into the right direction.

CanadaIsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:38 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
Gainey isn't losing sleep over the Huet deal...that's the only certainty we know
Nope, after losing Souray for nothing he probably accepts the fact he can't make a trade to save his life. Sleep well Gainey, we all know you aren't responsible for your actions.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Nope, after losing Souray for nothing he probably accepts the fact he can't make a trade to save his life. Sleep well Gainey, we all know you aren't responsible for your actions.
Losing Souray has little to do with Gainey and almost everything to do with Sheldon Souray. When Souray made it clear he wasn't returning (which was his right - Gainey can't make him come back), Gainey went out and secured Roman Hamrlik. Did you watch this season? I'd easily take Roman Hamrlik and the season he had over Souray with his 3 goals in 26 games, and remember how exciting Souray was to watch with a 2-on-1 bearing down on him.

You're hugely grasping at straws due to either a hate for Bob Gainey or a need to pin blame on someone for the Habs exit from the playoffs.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The thing is, I don't know if we would have done as well with the constant goalie controversy keeping Huet and Price for the playoffs would entail. I think it would cause needless mental strains on both netminders. Who would have started the playoffs?

If I recall correctly, Huet was in a bit of a slump before the deadline. In his last 8 games as a Habs, he gave up 5 goals three times, 3 goals another three times and won only 3 times. There was a sense that the team in fact no longer had confidence in him.

I don't think it would have made any positive difference had we kept Huet to be honest. Huet won 21 games and lost, regualtion + ot/so, 18 games. While Price won 24 and lost, regulation + ot/so, 15 games. What that win/loss record tells me is that the Habs played better with Price in net than Huet. When Huet gets traded to the Caps, suddenly he plays like a star goalie again. He goes 11-2-0 with MUCH better stats than he had with the Habs. Did he just need a change of scenery or does he play better with the Caps style of play?

The thing is we will never know what would have happened had we kept Huet. Would Huet had been as good as he was with the Caps or would he have been as average as he looked for that month of February. I honestly think he couldn't handle being in a 1a/1b situation.

Just my 2 cents.
Huet's slump happened when Price was called up. Bob could have easily let Price play another season or 2 in the minors first instead of rushing him into the NHL.

kovalev47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:47 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Hold on a minute here buddy...This experience factor comes with a very high risk of having Price having his confidence shattered thus could set him back many years (and in worst case situation, forever) in his development. Personnally, I think he looks like a goalie that has lost his confidence big time...looked really lost out there pretty much the whole series.
Agreed 100 percent. We don't know what the consequences will be in the future now, especially in a market like Montreal.

Old
05-03-2008, 11:52 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Losing Souray has little to do with Gainey and almost everything to do with Sheldon Souray. When Souray made it clear he wasn't returning (which was his right - Gainey can't make him come back), Gainey went out and secured Roman Hamrlik. Did you watch this season? I'd easily take Roman Hamrlik and the season he had over Souray with his 3 goals in 26 games, and remember how exciting Souray was to watch with a 2-on-1 bearing down on him.

You're hugely grasping at straws due to either a hate for Bob Gainey or a need to pin blame on someone for the Habs exit from the playoffs.
You missed the point ENTIRELY. If Bob knew Souray wasn't coming back he should have traded him. Instead not only did we miss the playoffs but we lost Souray for nothing. But Huet on the other hand would have undoubtedly resigned but we trade him for next to nothing right before the playoffs and leave everthing in the hands of a kid who has barely even gotten his feet wet.

Both are terrible decisions with equally awful results.

Old
05-03-2008, 11:53 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
It was exactly what any responsible GM would have done because Huet was not going to get resigned and we got something for him. Add to that: Price got valuable playoff experience, two shutouts and an idea of what to expect next year.

He's not in Roy's class?? From what I've seen he may be the greatest goalie this team has ever had. Seriously, the kid has more potential than Roy ever had. Look at what he did and get over the fact they lost. Who cares? The upside of this team next year with this group is so positive that any fan that is disappointed needs to evaluate his expectations. Next year is our year not this one.
Uhm, there is no way he will ever be better than Roy, especially in a salary cap era. Roy was one of the greatest Habs goalies ever. The only two NHL goalies in the NHL that are close to Roy are Brodeur and Hasek. They also won most of their trophies and cups before the salary cap was implemented.

Old
05-03-2008, 11:55 PM
MM425

I almost forgot...

Kovalev
European Players in general
Trevor Timmins
Viggo Mortenson
Bono and the rest of U2
Coldplay
Jean, the beer vender
Raphael

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 11:56 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
You missed the point ENTIRELY. If Bob knew Souray wasn't coming back he should have traded him. Instead not only did we miss the playoffs but we lost Souray for nothing. But Huet on the other hand would have undoubtedly resigned but we trade him for next to nothing right before the playoffs and leave everthing in the hands of a kid who has barely even gotten his feet wet.

OMG, back to the Souray not being dealt thing again, get real... what was on the table for Souray again? Oh yeah, no one knows but everyone wants to imagine how the Habs should have been able to get the moon for a below average Dman with a wicked shot. Armchair GMs are a dime a dozen, so easy to criticize when you have no understanding of what actually takes place behind closed doors and on telephone converstaions amongst GMs.

You're the same type of person who would have blamed Gainey for dealing him, saying it ruined their chances for a Cup. Come on.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:02 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
OMG, back to the Souray not being dealt thing again, get real... what was on the table for Souray again? Oh yeah, no one knows but everyone wants to imagine how the Habs should have been able to get the moon for a below average Dman with a wicked shot. Armchair GMs are a dime a dozen, so easy to criticize when you have no understanding of what actually takes place behind closed doors and on telephone converstaions amongst GMs.

You're the same type of person who would have blamed Gainey for dealing him, saying it ruined their chances for a Cup. Come on.
I think we could have at least got a second rounder.

I don't understand how he can keep Souray and lose him for nothing but unload Huet as fast as he can for nothing!

Answer me this, would you give up that second rounder for a game 6 against the flyers?

Old
05-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
I think we could have at least got a second rounder.

I don't understand how he can keep Souray and lose him for nothing but unload Huet as fast as he can for nothing!

Answer me this, would you give up that second rounder for a game 6 against the flyers?
People forget that we kept Souray and were one period away from the playoffs last year.... Hindsight is 20/20.... So the question could've been would you give up that 2nd rounder to play the Sabres in the playoffs last year with Souray....

Gainey went for it last year, keeping Souray was an attempt to fight for a spot in the postseason, people forget that.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Guillemin

Bob derailed the cup run?

Well, he was the architect of the team that made the run in the first place, so...
He also built the coaching staff that is up for the Adams this year.

Maybe Huet would have helped. Maybe Hossa would have too. But Ii'm sure you all second guessed when he went with Price over Brule in the first place, and I'm sure Gilbert would not have made us contenders.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
No, I think you got it all wrong. It would have been worst for Price if he would have started in the playoffs with Huet as a backup, because he would have know that Huet could have replaced him for the rest of the playoffs in case of one or two bad game in a row. Sure he had pressure, but every goaltender in Montreal have that!

And like I said, don't blame Gainey or Price. We were not able to put the puck in the net even if we were better than the Flyers. THAT COST US THE SERIES!!!

I simply don't buy that we were better than the Flyers...Simply not true. There's no way or no excuse for losing 4 straight games to a team whom your'e supposedly better...Total BS!!!

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:30 AM
redmachine54

Meh. If we're going to use some sort of history for keeping Huet, then personally, I believe there's a lot riding against him. He didn't play well when Price was called up and he's lost a few important games in his career (off the top of my head, basically, the two final regular season games he's played here). I think he would've made a difference, but would the outcome have been the same? IMO, a second round exit would've come either way.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
I simply don't buy that we were better than the Flyers...Simply not true. There's no way or no excuse for losing 4 straight games to a team whom your'e supposedly better...Total BS!!!
+1 to that.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey View Post
Honestly, some people should STOP trying to be analysts cause honestly you have no clue what you're talking about.

If you talk about Gainey getting very little for Huet in that trade, I may agree with you, but hey, he got the most he could. Remember, Bryzgalov went for free off Waivers, the Market for Goalies just wasn;t there.

But blaming Gainey for a failed cup run..... honestly, this is why Montreal hasn't done ANYTHING in the last 15 years. We have NO patience to let our young talent develop, we just want everything now.
Gainey on the other hand knew exactly what he was getting into. The man stayed patient in the 4 years he's been here so far and allowed the young talent to develop. Pretty much telling most people he's in charge and no 1 else willl influence him. The way some people make it sound, hell would you like Rejean Houle back???

Lets compare Price to Huet:
-Huet has more NHL experience then Price.
-Huet is CURRENTLY a more stable, and some will argue, but lets face facts, Huet is still better then price, but by a very slim margin, and that is closing up very fast.
-Huet is 32, will be 33 for the start of next year. His abilities are just declining as he gets older. Price is 20, is full of potential, and is expected to become a Star, even a superstar goalie in the NHL.
-Huet gets payed over 3 million $ a year to price's 850k + Bonus for the next 3 years.
-Huet has never started more then 51 games in a year, and that he did it this year with Habs/Wash... the man has never had a full NHL season. I ain't saying Price has.. but it looks promissing.

Guys, let's look at the big picture here.
At the beginning of the year, Montreal was expected to miss the playoffs, analysts put them around 13th in the East. They finished 1st overall. That in itself is an achievement.
But not only that, we made it to the 2nd round to face the Flyers. Those same Flyers who eliminated Huet and the Caps. Some will argue in 7, But honestly, who cares? Washington lost, point final. It's like saying you finished 2nd in a race by only 2 seconds instead of 2 laps.... Guess what, end result is the same, you lost, no 1 really cares by how much.
Price in his 1st year made it to the 2nd round, that in itself is an achievement that people should be proud of. Let's face it, like it or not, we were gonna lose Huet anyways. At least we got something instead of nothing.
Let's give this team credit, They had 1 hell of a season. A season full of unexpected highlights, achievements, whether it was Kostitsyn's highlight reel goals, or Price's highlight reel saves, or even the miraculous comeback vs the Rangers when we were down 5-0. These guys played with heart and passion, and in the end, they gave it ALL they had, but it seems the Flyers were just superior.
Stop comparing teams by rankings as only 7 points separated the Flyers from the Habs. That means Montreal was averaging 1 point more per month then Phily in the regular season, which is equivalent to an overtime loss.
Let's embrace this team as it seems to have a very bright future ahead. Let us stop thinking about winning NOW not caring about later, and lets care about what the future has to offer. Face it, we want a competitive team for years to come, a team that will have a chance to compete for the cup EVERY year, and not just 1 year out of 3.

People, look at the big picture, we are heading into the right direction.

Some of your points are well taken, but to be quite honest the future (certainly the next few years) does not look all that bright for the Habs...Koivu, our one and only leader may not even be back next year. Even if he is, I don't expect too much from him as he's shown signs of continual decline this year mainly because he physically just can't handle it anymore. Despite this, he was our only consistent player in the playoffs and most definitely our only leader and we still couldn't get the job done.

Kovalev, well, the million dollar question with him is can he have a repeat of this year??...Let's face it. without Kovalev's miraculous turn around during the regular season we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs. Meanwhile, his playoff performance was very mediocre and as a result we looked like anything but a contender, much less a first place team. Kovalev's playoff this year once again proves that he is not a true leader and to be quite frank, I don't expect him to have a year anywhere close to what he had last year.

And who will take over as a true leader if Kovu doesn't return?...Higgins, you say...Sorry but it's not gonna happen. He's too inconsistent and certainly showed no signs of being a leader by this year's playoff performance. In fact, I don't even see Higgins being with the team after his current contract expires...I get the impression, that he's had enough of playing in this pressure cooker of Montreal...too many games, it seems the will is not there for him and can you blame him?...No doubt he's also being affected by the way he saw his best buddy, Ryder, being treated this year. Other than those guys there's not much to turn to for leadership on this team. Komy was considered to have leadership qualities but not likely to happen as a captain. He consistently makes way too many bonehead players for anyone to have to look up to.

Finally, don't even mention about bringing in quality leadership from outside because it ain't gonna happen for all the reasons I've already discussed regarding attracting players to Montreal.

Sorry for sounding so pissimistic but I just don't see a bright future any time soon.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:12 AM
Miller Time

SHHH,
let the people enjoy their kool-aid.

losing was painful enough, no need to point out that management failed the team as far as bolstering the line up for the playoffs were concerned.

As we've grown accumstomed to after 16 years of playoff futility, "there's always next year".

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev47 View Post
Huet's slump happened when Price was called up. Bob could have easily let Price play another season or 2 in the minors first instead of rushing him into the NHL.
This whole thing not only derailed Huet's stellar season but forced Bob later on to rush a trade with the Caps for Huet. I've never seen so much incompetence in so little time. In fact I remember all of it clearly how Huet had one bad match, Carbo "calling him out" then the Habs calling back Price and everything went downhill from there. Sure Price was good afterwards but this was a season build on Huet's back, his good work. And the only reason Huet started to go bad in my opinion was because Bob and Carbo played with his psyche. To this day I have no idea why they did that other than they wanted Price in quickly and were afraid to lose Huet for nothing. In the first case you want Price to be in there why exactly because of the romantic notion that he's gonna be another Dryden/Roy? In the second case you act out of fear of losing a player rather than preparing your team for the playoffs when let's face it if you really like Price, even if you lose Huet it's no big deal because Price is there. Or you keep the ship steady with Huet, and the guy would have signed with the Habs anyway next year(there's zero indications he wouldn't have).

In my opinion as far as developement, the Habs rushed Latendresse and they rushed Price.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I will repeat this again..... HUET HAS NEVER WON A SINGLE CLUTCH GAME IN HIS LIFE..... NEVER.

2006 vs Devils to clinch a playoff spot... Habs blow a big lead, back in to playoffs on help from the Caps
2006 game 3, given the lead, he loses the game (would've been the canes nail in the coffin)
2006 loses Game 6 in OT to the Canes
2007 Game 82 vs the Leafs.... Loss
2008 everytime we had a chance to pass the sens for first place he lost
2008 loses game 7 to the Flyers.

End of story.
This is a myth on the boards, but going into that game with New Jersey we had already clinched our playoff spot. We could not go up or down in that game, and New Jersey was playing for the division. As for never winning a clutch game, did he not win 9 in a row down the stretch when even an otl in any one of them would have meant missing the playoffs? I would say that is pretty clutch.

Last edited by Fish on The Sand: 05-04-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:02 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev47 View Post
Uhm, there is no way he will ever be better than Roy, especially in a salary cap era. Roy was one of the greatest Habs goalies ever. The only two NHL goalies in the NHL that are close to Roy are Brodeur and Hasek. They also won most of their trophies and cups before the salary cap was implemented.

That's your opinion. I am not talking about hardware I'm talking about his skills. There is no way we can debate this because Price has to retire way in the future before we can evaluate his career and compare it to Roy's. I'm pretty sure we won't be on this board rehashing this thread by then. The salary cap has squat to do with Price's skills or future.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Evil Ted

There is no guarantee

That Huet does any better then price, he stole us some games in the boston series all this questioning Gainey really has hardly any precidence, everyone thinks Huet is light years beyond Prices ability is wrong, they were almost identical.

Capable of great lights out goaltending but let in the odd bad goal at a bad time, Price had a really tough time in this series but hes 20 years old and now knows what its like. He played a ton of hockey down the stretch at a level hes never been exposed too give him a break.

We are lucky to have a GM and upper management that features the folks we have they all have done a good job to be patent, we were the youngest team in the playoffs this year and we are only going to get better.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:14 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
Why has Bob Gainey been let off so easy, when he was the person responsible for derailing the Habs Cup run? Leaving playoff goaltending to two rookie goalies is a recipe for disaster. If Huet stayed, just his presence would have taken tremendous pressure of Price. Instead of the go to guy, with the weight of the world on his shoulders, the pressure would be on Huet and then Price could develop at a sensible pace.

The comparisons to Roy and Dryden are unfair and only heightened fan expectation and hence the pressure on Price. There is only one Patrick Roy and one Ken Dryden. While Price may yet turn out to be a solid goalie, he is not in the class of the Roy's of the world and now may have irrepairable damage done to his confidence.

The one to blame for this is Bob Gainey.
Did you watch the whole series? We were out played, out muscled and they made the most of their chances while we didn't. This series went further than the crease of our net.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Damn, I'm late for the party.

*prepares to be flamed*

ok, if people here really think that Price > Huet still, which when you look at it NOW is absurd.

ok...Price played good hockey in the 1st round, he played well, but it's not as if it wasn't expected either, after all, we played the Bruins, a team we have owned for the past 2 years (and yes, they did take us to 7 games, but besides the point) and a team that all our goalies (Huet, Halak, Price...) have dominated; heck, even Theo played well against them.

Huet goes into the the 1st round sizzling, he was on fire, the Caps won a ******** of games in a row ridiculously just to sneak into the playoffs; he was a main reason, with his .936 SV% and a 1.63 GAA.
Price too played excellently after the Huet deal, to many people's surprise, and looked like, for a while, he was the next "Dryden" or "Roy", emphasis on LOOKED like not WAS THE SECOND COMING.

In the 1st round, Cristo plays a decent Flyers team with a stacked offence, good shutdown defence and average goaltending we just couldn't expose.
He played with his head up his ass, yes I admit it, for the first few games (Games 1 and 3) and then woke up and was a prime reason it went 7 games.
To those who say he didn't "win a single clutch game in his life", just pick between Games 5 and 6, and that's just ONE he won after MANY down the stretch with DC, so please stop with this BS he's never won a game when it counts because he carried his team into the playoffs.
The Caps, who are a much WORSE team than Montreal, lost in 7 to the Flyers.
Huet finished with a 2.90 GAA and a .910 SV% against them...not elite numbers but solid enough to force a Game 7 *which they should've won, thank Don Koharski and co.*

Now, the Habs and Price enter 2nd round play while Huet gets his golf clubs out for a day or so before joining Team France.
Price is coming off a Game 7 shutout win (and let's not overblow this one, it would've been much prettier if it were a say 1-0 win rather than a 5-0 win) and the Habs are looking to crush a depleted Flyers team who just played grueling hockey against a resilient team like Washington.

We won Game 1, and it was the only win and probably game in which Price played decently.
You know the rest, and it was funny reading all the excuses people tried to make for him on here while he was playing bad.
So, my point being...the Habs lost in 5 (**** ) and the Caps lost in 7.
The Habs are a better team than the Caps.
The Caps came closer to victory than Montreal could.
Montreal badly outplayed (yeah we did, just look at the shot totals if you like) Philadelphia on most nights but couldn't bury it.
Washington was badly outplayed for a few games before waking up too.
Price posts a 3.75 GAA and a .856 SV% vs the same team Huet played under better circumstances.

Draw your own conclusion, because if I say it, I'll get flamed, lol.

/thread.

(Please reply NORMALLY to this post rather than or , because you seriously aren't proving why you signed up to post on a message board in the first place).

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:33 AM
David_99

Quote:

Soooo you're saying if Bob traded Souray(19 PP goals) for a 2nd rounder and we missed the playoffs by 6 points in 06-07, you'd be happy we got something?

If Gainey kept Huet this year, we were able to finish 1st, we beat Boston, got the the second round, lost to Philly in 7, and lost Huet for nothing, you'd be praising Gainey?

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:36 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal Huet View Post
Damn, I'm late for the party.
Even with the hottest team in the league going into the post season, Huet (32) has never made it past the 1st round. This year, losing to the Flyers.

Habs enter the post season 1st in the league with the #1 PP, which fails them and they still make it to the second round with first timer Carey Price (20). This year, losing to the Flyers. Oh and we don't have Ovy.

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote