HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cudos to Carey Price

Old
05-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Maximus Taylor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Niagara View Post
Exactly....there were a lot of guys out there that just did not seem to care...or work hard enough to create scoring chances and to capitalize on them...plus the kid was left all alone far too may times...we kept playing kitty by the door...and it bit us in the ass...besides the Flyers were a lot grittier than us...I think that's what we need more than anything else...
i didn't get that feeling at all. pretty much everyone gave everything they had in some capacity. it just didn't happen. that's life.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Well he play one weird ass game tonight. He saved 2 or 3 potential goals only to give up 2 usually routine saves. He's a beast though. I'm so excited to see how he'll do next season.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 05-04-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
as great as i think he will be one day, i've never seen a goaltender lose his focus that much after giving up a shaky goal, he flat out completely stops playing, i blame Carbo partly realizing how young this kid is, and not just calling a TO and settling the kid down...but obviously he has a great future and will build upon this
He has a rep that he can be rattled and stay rattled... hate to say it

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
He's 20... He'll learn.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:46 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Great season Price.

Down the road, he played a lot of hockey in the last 20 months or so. It has caught him back, but I'm confident he will bounce back. He's on for a great season next year.

In the playoffs, momentum is very important. Carey lost it at the beginning of this series, and his defense didn't nearly played good enough to give it back to him.

The kid is 20. Mentally, this was very tough for him. He needs to learn from this experience, and down the road, it will pay. He still has some things to learn, and I refuse to blame him tonight. He gave one bad goal, but the others were not his fault.

Go Carey! Have a nice summer!

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Greyhounds lover

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:51 AM
BigTimer*

He was god awful in the playoffs but he just wasn't ready for the big show quite yet. Not his fault. Keep your head up Carey and we'll see you in September.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:53 AM
anarmandaleb

Carey Price is ****ing awesome. He's just very young and very green right now. Plus somebody said he was Jesus and he heard them, which must have messed him up a little. It's pretty much a question of maturity and experience.
He is going to be scary good in a couple of years.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Beakermania*

I think we're gonna hear that the hand injury was real in the next couple days.

CBC said he was using his practice trapper today in net... and his practice trapper has more padding in it.... Just more evidence for the broken hand theory.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:58 AM
Gilles Tremblay

Kid did his best tonight and came back big time in the third. Glad to hear the Bell Center fans backed Price with cheers after his bad goal. This experience will undoubtedly be benefic to him as a man.

But what worries me is that he didn't looked like he had any fun on the ice during most if not all of the playoffs. Hopefully he'll chill out in the summer and come back to training camp a refreshed young man, but I'm worried this experience will leave him a big scar as far as pro hockey goes.

There's no doubt Price can bounce back, but maybe we'll have to downgrade our expectations of Carey next year as well.

Last edited by Gilles Tremblay: 05-04-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

price

enigma

great

next year

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Siberian

Price is too orthodox. Sometimes you have to do unorthodox things to give your team a chance. He is going to be very very good, but not great!

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:30 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Niagara View Post
Thank you Carey...you had a great first year in the NHL...a few bumps here and there...but you have tremendous talent and I will be looking forward to cheering you on for years to come. Great job!!!
Kopitar

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:33 AM
FrankMTL

What amazes me the most his is SV% on break aways...He almost never gives up goals 1 on 1.

I think he just wasen't sharp mentally this series...not covering his angles properly, not coming out to challenge the shooter enough etc. That stuff is easily fixed and for a goaltender his size, he's very quick on his feet and with his legs.

I'm not worried one bit about Carey...great learning experience for him and it makes me so happy that the Montreal crowd was behind him the whole time, even after the 4th goal. They know he will be great and we will backing him up for years and years..

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I think he just wasen't sharp mentally this series...not covering his angles properly, not coming out to challenge the shooter enough etc. That stuff is easily fixed and for a goaltender his size, he's very quick on his feet and with his legs....
I dont think it was mental sharpness or the technical things. The guy is 20 years old, he was in the juniors last year and he is being asked to do miracles in the playoffs where the intensity and style of play is completely different than anything he has EVER seen!

Martin Brodeur had a very shaky start and in my opinion, Price is better at the same age. How he will develop reamains to be seen but we hace a jewel in goals for years to come.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:45 AM
MaineHockey1
Let The Season Begin

Send a message via AIM to MaineHockey1
Have a good drive ....dive......to the golf course!! No swimming in the ponds!

Seriously, Great Job Price! Good Luck next year! Till we meet next year we are in the same boat now! Grab an oar and lets paddle into the summer and next season together!

MaineHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:49 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineHockey1 View Post
Have a good drive ....dive......to the golf course!! No swimming in the ponds!

Seriously, Great Job Price! Good Luck next year! Till we meet next year we are in the same boat now! Grab an oar and lets paddle into the summer and next season together!
Ewwww...we don't share a boat with Bruins fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I dont think it was mental sharpness or the technical things. The guy is 20 years old, he was in the juniors last year and he is being asked to do miracles in the playoffs where the intensity and style of play is completely different than anything he has EVER seen!

Martin Brodeur had a very shaky start and in my opinion, Price is better at the same age. How he will develop reamains to be seen but we hace a jewel in goals for years to come.
Ya for sure, but i do think mental fatigue had something to do with it. Playoff hockey or not, you get down that paddle a lot quicker on the Umberger wrap around goal that made it 3-3. As i said i'm not worried 1 bit because his reflexes are so darn good. Those 2 breakaway saves he made yesterday were unreal...

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-04-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old
05-04-2008, 09:52 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Flyer fan here. Hats off to a 20 year old kid thrown into the highest pressure position in hockey. No he didn't put the team on his shoulders, but I don't think it was his job to do that. He'll bounce back, and I have a feeling we're not going to like playing against him for the next 15 years.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:53 AM
MaineHockey1
Let The Season Begin

Send a message via AIM to MaineHockey1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Ewwww...we don't share a boat with Bruins fans...
Come on would you rather swim and drown then come with us???

MaineHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Turris View Post
Flyer fan here. Hats off to a 20 year old kid thrown into the highest pressure position in hockey. No he didn't put the team on his shoulders, but I don't think it was his job to do that. He'll bounce back, and I have a feeling we're not going to like playing against him for the next 15 years.
Thanks. And we are also happy we wont be playing against him too!

Quote:
There wont be any golf for the Habs players this summer: all the players will be asked to improve their diving techniques instead. The 'Dive For 25' is still on!

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-04-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old
05-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Mojo19
Loyal Leafer...

From a Leafs fan...

Glad to see fans not taking the result of this series out on Price. It definitely was not his fault, if it wasn't for him, the Habs would have been out in the first round. Philly has a pretty impressive team, that is going to be good for years... lots of good character players that know their roles. No shame in losing to them. Richards, Carter, Lupul, Upshall, Briere, Hartnell, Prospal, Umberger... all of them are having a superb playoffs.

Mojo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:23 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
There wont be any golf for the Habs players this summer: all the players will be asked to improve their diving techniques instead. The 'Dive For 25' is still on!
hey...I beat you to 7000

Old
05-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
hey...I beat you to 7000
I didnt know there was a race on. I'll try harder from now on!

Old
05-04-2008, 10:29 AM
jordy

Price= overrated. Let's face it, he was the reason montreal lost the series. Now he CAN be a great goalie, the potential is definately there and his resume is definately something for him to be proud of. However, hearing ppl call him the next Roy or Dryden is absolutely ridiculous, especially after his average if not poor first playoff drive.

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 10:31 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Thats a tough choice......i'm gonna have to think about it for a while.