HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trade Price!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2008, 11:35 AM
  #26
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
See guys.. this is the exact OPPOSITE of what I was trying to bring to the table.

Well what are we supposed to say....that Price played amazing in the series against the Flyers? That he was solid and looked confident? That he kept the Habs in every game against the Flyers?

Look....I'm only speaking the truth....if you can't handle that or don't want to deal with that then don't...nobody cares....but I refused to make excuses for him.

Price played some very good games this season for us....there is no denying that, but there was a reason why I said at the first of the year that he should have played the whole season in Hamilton...and the playoff round against Philly was and example of that reason.
Price had wayyyy too much pressure put on him and he didn't handle it....he cracked....plain and simple and depending on how strong minded he is, it could haunt him for a long time. Hopefully he'll stay positive and call this season a learning experience and bounce back, but there is a chance that this will bother him for a while. Only time will tell.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:39 AM
  #27
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,987
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Brain plz
Read please. For this team, id rather have Getzlaf over Crosby because hes bigger, meaner, more physical, can still play PPG hockey and his leadership is pretty darn good for a kid that age.

Crosby is the better player but id rather have Ryan's total package.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:40 AM
  #28
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Read please. For this team, id rather have Getzlaf over Crosby because hes bigger, meaner, more physical, can still play PPG hockey and his leadership is pretty darn good for a kid that age.

Crosby is the better player but id rather have Ryan's total package.
+1.

Agreed.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:48 AM
  #29
grimly
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Price played like a 20 year old goalie in his first year in the playoffs. Only time will tell what effect his struggles in the playoffs will have on him, but I see no reason to think he won't be the goalie everyone thought he would be a month ago. His weaknesses were exposed. Now he has to work on them. There's no reason to think he won't do that and be better next year and in the future for the experience. If the Canadiens wanted to trade Price there would be at least 20 teams lined up to take him off their hands, despite the last couple weeks. Unless Halak looks like he will be as good, or at least close, there's no reason to trade Price. Particularly given the paltry return most goalie trades obtain. The OP was not seriously suggesting trading Price and I agree with him. Price should be fine.

grimly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:50 AM
  #30
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Read please. For this team, id rather have Getzlaf over Crosby because hes bigger, meaner, more physical, can still play PPG hockey and his leadership is pretty darn good for a kid that age.

Crosby is the better player but id rather have Ryan's total package.
For this team I'd rather have the best player in the league. Figured it was a pretty easy decision.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:56 AM
  #31
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Read please. For this team, id rather have Getzlaf over Crosby because hes bigger, meaner, more physical, can still play PPG hockey and his leadership is pretty darn good for a kid that age.

Crosby is the better player but id rather have Ryan's total package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
+1.

Agreed.
Wow, I'll try to remain civil.

I disagree. I don't really need to say why.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:02 PM
  #32
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Read please. For this team, id rather have Getzlaf over Crosby because hes bigger, meaner, more physical, can still play PPG hockey and his leadership is pretty darn good for a kid that age.

Crosby is the better player but id rather have Ryan's total package.
You are a joke if you really think that

Getzlaf over Crosby

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:11 PM
  #33
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Carey says he's not going to look at his goaltending equipement for three months...

Like many others, seeing Price drop 6 OF HIS LAST 7 starts goes beyond disappointment... Letting in 5 goals a game, spotting the other team 2 goal leads, allowing 4 goals a period, allowing 3 goals in three minutes...

Sure its a team game, but one could even go so far as to say that he's been a bad goaltender.

He was advertised as mentally tough when he is in fact mentally weak.

Price played badly in his first playoffs (excluding game 7) and this fact will never be forgotten. In future playoff years the media and fans will never forget how he can crack under pressure and just give up when a game gets tough.

He now has a new rep... and its not a good one.

Anyway, now he has all sumer to play his video games

That's one thing I'm sick of hearing about Carey. How he is mentally tough. How he is so "relaxed" in the net. How about some fire, how about showing some mental toughness....sometimes I think this "relaxed" attitude led to goals.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:12 PM
  #34
Sir Jacques Demers
Registered User
 
Sir Jacques Demers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
The optimism on the Habs board is nauseating sometimes

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:14 PM
  #35
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
That's one thing I'm sick of hearing about Carey. How he is mentally tough. How he is so "relaxed" in the net. How about some fire, how about showing some mental toughness....sometimes I think this "relaxed" attitude led to goals.
So you don't think his third period bounceback demonstrated mental toughness? Ok, then.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:20 PM
  #36
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
I would consider very seriously a proposition that might land us a Franchise Center for Carey Price. A guy like Kopitar, M. & B. Richards, Parise, Stastny, Getzlaf, E.Staal, LeCavalier, Spezza, Toews, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:49 PM
  #37
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
That's one thing I'm sick of hearing about Carey. How he is mentally tough. How he is so "relaxed" in the net. How about some fire, how about showing some mental toughness....sometimes I think this "relaxed" attitude led to goals.
It seems we see eye to eye

I'm sitting here watching the Rangers and Pens... emotionally indifferent as to who wins.

Having the Habs out sucks....

It SHOULD have been the Canadiens in the final four.

should have... could have...would have...

With the whole city and Habs nation watching he gives up 3 goals in 3 minutes to blow a very precious 3-1 lead, making Umberger look better than Lemieux or Gretzky or Ovechkin.

What pro goalie does that?

That is not normal.

Price cracked and Habs are out.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:52 PM
  #38
Brandi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,558
vCash: 500
I just read an article were Guy said " I wish our goaltenders were better"

I mean, jesus, i'm not a habs fan, I'm watching impartially and I thought you had great goaltending

AS soon as a team loses, they always blame goaltending. It's sad and pathetic. i disagree with the previous posts. I don't think he cracked at all. He handled the pressure. I mean, you had games where you couldn't score. It happens.

He did great. Nowhere to go but up imo

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:58 PM
  #39
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,249
vCash: 500
I can understand that some Hab fans are still frustrated over the series ending so quickly. But I would be very surprised if Gainey or any other Hab management type is even slightly considering trading Price.

I look forward to seeing how Price rebounds next year. It's amazing how a negative thing can be turned to a positive over the off-season.

__________________
Don Cherry is right...you don't poke the bear..you walk right up to it and punch it in the mouth. - Grant McCagg
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:11 PM
  #40
Enstrom39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
M-A Fleury had some real rough patchs and has rebounded lately.

The biggest problem for Price is the that hockey gets so much attention in Montreal it might be harder to muddle through those rough patch most young players have.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:11 PM
  #41
jordy
Registered User
 
jordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Carey says he's not going to look at his goaltending equipement for three months...

Like many others, seeing Price drop 6 OF HIS LAST 7 starts goes beyond disappointment... Letting in 5 goals a game, spotting the other team 2 goal leads, allowing 4 goals a period, allowing 3 goals in three minutes...

Sure its a team game, but one could even go so far as to say that he's been a bad goaltender.

He was advertised as mentally tough when he is in fact mentally weak.

Price played badly in his first playoffs (excluding game 7) and this fact will never be forgotten. In future playoff years the media and fans will never forget how he can crack under pressure and just give up when a game gets tough.

He now has a new rep... and its not a good one.

Anyway, now he has all summer to play his video games
Good post, it's about time someone else around here realized price sucked in the playoffs

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:15 PM
  #42
jordy
Registered User
 
jordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
I know. It's completely and absolutely ****ing ridiculous. HE IS TWENTY YEARS OLD FFS.

You guys can only BLAME YOURSELVES for allowing yourselves to believe Price would pull a Roy or Dryden.

Jesus Christ, there aren't many 20 year old goaltenders who managed to accomplish what Price has this season. People forget how he SINGLE HANDEDLY WON US THE SERIES AGAINST BOSTON. Yeah, pretty convenient to forget that one. Sure, he didn't have a great series against Philly, but so ****ing what. I can't believe some people here.
single handedly won us the series against Boston. hahahaha. U mean the series he got shelled in game 5 and 6 and couldn't close out the bruins?

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:48 PM
  #43
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
That's one thing I'm sick of hearing about Carey. How he is mentally tough. How he is so "relaxed" in the net. How about some fire, how about showing some mental toughness....sometimes I think this "relaxed" attitude led to goals.

I agree....I would much rather have a goalie who will flop around and do whatever it takes to stop the puck and show a ton of emotion than to have Price just go down into a butterfly and not get worked up about giving up a goal. Some of the goals he let in were soft in my opinion, and like you said....his relaxed attitude is partially to blame.

He showed that he is not as poised as everyone thought.....the kid gets rattled and then its all down hill from there. There wasn't a game yet in which he got rattled, let in a couple of bad goals and then bounced back within the same game. When it goes bad for him, its all down hill until the game is over. That right there proves that he is not as mentally tough as people believe.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:52 PM
  #44
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Dryden / Roy rookie seasons > Price rookie season.

Price has a lot of catching up to if he wants to live up to expectations.


Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:01 PM
  #45
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Wow, I'll try to remain civil.

I disagree. I don't really need to say why.
I don't know.. I'll take a big, rugged centre who will dig, go to the front of the net, score 70-80 pts per year, and be responsible defensively.

He costs about $3.5M less per season (and will make a lot less after both their contracts expire).

Getzlaf would just fit with our team better than Crosby.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:05 PM
  #46
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I don't know.. I'll take a big, rugged centre who will dig, go to the front of the net, score 70-80 pts per year, and be responsible defensively.

He costs about $3.5M less per season (and will make a lot less after both their contracts expire).

Getzlaf would just fit with our team better than Crosby.

Thats right....if we got Crosby, then we would be just adding to the problem on this Habs team.....too many small forwards!!!

Getzlaf would be a great player to get...he has good size and can play a physical game.

I'm not fussy about Crosby to be honest. He is an awesome player, but I hate watching him whine to the refs everytime someone touches him. I'd rather have a big centermen like Lecavalier or Getzlaf then Crosby. Hell, I would even take Malkin over Crosby right now. We need big, talented forwards to make room for our smaller, skilled players and to go to the net and power the puck in.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:06 PM
  #47
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
It seems we see eye to eye

I'm sitting here watching the Rangers and Pens... emotionally indifferent as to who wins.

Having the Habs out sucks....

It SHOULD have been the Canadiens in the final four.

should have... could have...would have...

With the whole city and Habs nation watching he gives up 3 goals in 3 minutes to blow a very precious 3-1 lead, making Umberger look better than Lemieux or Gretzky or Ovechkin.

What pro goalie does that?

That is not normal.

Price cracked and Habs are out.
He's 20 ****ing years old. Christ man, think for a second.

And where would the Pens be without Fleury's incredible play, who has been living up to his potential? They'd still lose even with two franchise centres.

Some people are just so ****ing ridiculous at times.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:11 PM
  #48
DamianHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He's 20 ****ing years old. Christ man, think for a second.

And where would the Pens be without Fleury's incredible play, who has been living up to his potential? They'd still lose even with two franchise centres.

Some people are just so ****ing ridiculous at times.
Oh man, you are so right. The frigging kid is 20 and I'm hearing about how this series will destroy him for the future, how we should trade him now.

What a joke. We should be doing cartwheels over how well he played this season and for how bright our future is with him in goal. Brodeur played a crappy series against the Rags. Trade him! He's shot!

We lost this series because Biron stood on his head and because we just not tough enough up front. Gainey surely noticed and will look to add some talented grit up front. Adding that, along with the natural maturation of our young players and the introduction of more talented young players like Chipchura, and we could win a Cup within two years.

Ah, forget all that. Trade Price! He's done!

DamianHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:15 PM
  #49
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianHabs View Post
Oh man, you are so right. The frigging kid is 20 and I'm hearing about how this series will destroy him for the future, how we should trade him now.

What a joke. We should be doing cartwheels over how well he played this season and for how bright our future is with him in goal. Brodeur played a crappy series against the Rags. Trade him! He's shot!

We lost this series because Biron stood on his head and because we just not tough enough up front. Gainey surely noticed and will look to add some talented grit up front. Adding that, along with the natural maturation of our young players and the introduction of more talented young players like Chipchura, and we could win a Cup within two years.

Ah, forget all that. Trade Price! He's done!
Exactly. A 20 year old future superstar goalie is the least of our worries.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:24 PM
  #50
nsn*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
So when he's 27 and still sucks, what's the excuse going to be then?

nsn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.