HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek-Markov ... WORST DUO IN OUR PLAYOFFS?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2008, 12:29 PM
  #1
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
Komisarek-Markov ... WORST DUO IN OUR PLAYOFFS?

They played poorly, i can't explain why they played like that but its a fact. Gorges and Bouillon played a hell of a good 2008 playoffs. Hamrlik : our best D. Brisebois played also really well...we saw the difference when O'Byrne was replaced by Pat.

VERY DISSAPOINTED BY ANDREI AND MICHEAL!

And i'll ask a question : Do you trade players like Halak, O'Byrne, Higgins, Chipchura this summer?

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:32 PM
  #2
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post

And i'll ask a question : Do you trade players like Halak, O'Byrne, Higgins, Chipchura this summer?
Why?..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:32 PM
  #3
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,836
vCash: 500
Komisarek was obviously not fully recovered from his injury, and Markov is playing with multiple injuries...

Why would we trade any of those guys? Chipchura is our replacement(and upgrade) over Smolinski for next year, Higgins is an excellent 2nd line player, O'Byrne i'm on the fence about. As for Halak, you keep him unless you can add something of good value to our club.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:55 PM
  #4
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Why?..
Halak : We need a veteran backup goaltender
Higgins : I'm tired of this guy
O'Byrne : Could bring us a good player in return and we have lots of D-man coming from juniors.
Chipchura : We'll keep him unless we could receive something GOOD

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
  #5
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
Halak : We need a veteran backup goaltender
Higgins : I'm tired of this guy
O'Byrne : Could bring us a good player in return and we have lots of D-man coming from juniors.
Chipchura : We'll keep him unless we could receive something GOOD
Your tired of a guy who has scored 20+ goals in all of his NHL seasons thus far? He is a solid 2-winger.. Sure his offensive game is not always there, he obviously needs a little consitency.. But you'll be hard pressed to find someone to replace him

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:03 PM
  #6
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Your tired of a guy who has scored 20+ goals in all of his NHL seasons thus far? He is a solid 2-winger.. Sure his offensive game is not always there, he obviously needs a little consitency.. But you'll be hard pressed to find someone to replace him
Higgins is a good player: not great.

THe "A" on his sweater did not help this year. Too early to give him that.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:05 PM
  #7
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Your tired of a guy who has scored 20+ goals in all of his NHL seasons thus far? He is a solid 2-winger.. Sure his offensive game is not always there, he obviously needs a little consitency.. But you'll be hard pressed to find someone to replace him
Bumping him to the 3rd line and adding a 2nd line winger with size and a shot would be key.. too many good scoring opportunities are being wasted on Higgins and his lack of finish.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:06 PM
  #8
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK
 
Tricolore#20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,208
vCash: 500
I acknowledge that Markov didn't look like his regular season self, however, playing with a leg injury must have been tough for him. He did the best he could, but wasn't 100%.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:08 PM
  #9
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally
 
Galchenyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
Higgins : I'm tired of this guy
We'll regret it if he gets traded. It won't be long before he scores 30+ goals.

PATIENCE!

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:12 PM
  #10
redmachine54
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Markov and Komisarek were, IMO, two of the most disappointing players in these playoffs. And no, I wouldn't move any of those guys.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:00 PM
  #11
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
I love how some "experts" here have already predicated a young player's (Higgins') career based on his struggles this season. The kid knows how to shoot (last night's goal was a beaut), he just needs to gain consistency. Once he does I'm sure he'll be a 30 goal scorer.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:08 PM
  #12
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
I love how some "experts" here have already predicated a young player's (Higgins') career based on his struggles this season. The kid knows how to shoot (last night's goal was a beaut), he just needs to gain consistency. Once he does I'm sure he'll be a 30 goal scorer.
He doesn't even have a slapshot, bud.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:09 PM
  #13
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
He doesn't even have a slapshot, bud.
BigTimer disagrees with me

That makes me feel even better, actually.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:13 PM
  #14
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Higgins is a good player: not great.

THe "A" on his sweater did not help this year. Too early to give him that.
If anything, the "A" on his sweater did help him this year as it coincided with a career season for him in goals, assists, and points. Not sure what you mean by your statement of the "A" not helping him this year.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:19 PM
  #15
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
If anything, the "A" on his sweater did help him this year as it coincided with a career season for him in goals, assists, and points. Not sure what you mean by your statement of the "A" not helping him this year.
I would've posted the same as the post that you're answering that maybe he was a bit too aware of added responsibility. You make a point though. We're talking like he's put up 14 goals, 19 assists, Bullis like numbers.

You make me wonder if there's no problem with the player, but moreso mis-guided expectations.

One thing, I know is that he can't play with Kovalev long term. They neutalize each other.

He's a valuable asset, it's just that they have to think about where he's most valuable.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:25 PM
  #16
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Bumping him to the 3rd line and adding a 2nd line winger with size and a shot would be key.. too many good scoring opportunities are being wasted on Higgins and his lack of finish.

+ 38975983478658754939706793490


That's what I was saying all year long !! Chris Higgins is not a true second line player !! His stone hands and his lack of offensive vision are what handicaps him. The guy is a poor 2nd liner/good 3rd liner player. He plays on the 2nd line with the Habs, because we have nobody else !!

On a Stanley Cup contender team, Higgins would be the perfect 3rd line winger. As long as the Habs can't find a better option than Higgins on the LW, they will not go far in the Playoffs.


Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:27 PM
  #17
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
If anything, the "A" on his sweater did help him this year as it coincided with a career season for him in goals, assists, and points. Not sure what you mean by your statement of the "A" not helping him this year.
Too much responsabilities. Too many interviews. Long periods where he almost disappeared.

At the beginning of last season (before the injury), he was indeed a great player. This season, he was average at best.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:27 PM
  #18
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
+ 38975983478658754939706793490


That's what I was saying all year long !! Chris Higgins is not a true second line player !! His stone hands and his lack of offensive vision is what handicap him. The guy is a poor 2nd liner/good 3rd liner player. He plays on the 2nd line with the Habs, because we have nobody else !!

On a Stanley Cup contender team, Higgins would be the perfect 3rd line winger. As long as the Habs can't find a better option than Higgins on the LW, they will not go far in the Playoffs.

and of course, we have to believe in you, since you are the most accurate, unbiased source of info towards higgins

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:28 PM
  #19
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,293
vCash: 500
injuries...

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:30 PM
  #20
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
and of course, we have to believe in you, since you are the most accurate, unbiased source of info towards higgins

It doesn't remove the fact that this statement is true and is hard to argue with...

Also, lots of peoples shares the same opinion as I do on Higgins, so it's not like I'm a one girl army...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:05 PM
  #21
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
It doesn't remove the fact that this statement is true and is hard to argue with...

Also, lots of peoples shares the same opinion as I do on Higgins, so it's not like I'm a one girl army...

yeah... of couse like you say

I can tell you that 20 goals scorers are not on everybody's third line and also that if higgins was that bad, he would have lost his post to a hamilton rookie for sure

and for your friends the "supporters that do not show their faces so I suggest they do not exist" I would like to tell them to actually start existing because it would take actually more than one girl to deny that a hard nosed guy, with good skating, good to win 1v1 battles, hard in the corner and good with or without the puck, combined with gritty play and winner attitude is top 6 material


Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:10 PM
  #22
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
BigTimer disagrees with me

That makes me feel even better, actually.
It's not my fault that you think you know better than Higgins who admitted to not having a slapshot.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:13 PM
  #23
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,525
vCash: 500
The thing about Higgins is that he looks like a very good 2-way player.
I would have no problem putting him in PK situations.
So his Defensive prowess is undeniable.

This is what leads many to believe he would fit well in a third line shutdown role with a projected third line center like Chipchura.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:48 PM
  #24
Habitant#1
Registered User
 
Habitant#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
The thing about Higgins is that he looks like a very good 2-way player.
I would have no problem putting him in PK situations.
So his Defensive prowess is undeniable.

This is what leads many to believe he would fit well in a third line shutdown role with a projected third line center like Chipchura.
Higgins-Chipchura-S. Kostitsyn

Heck of a shutdown line with offensive upside. If we can acquire enough offensive talent for our top two lines to make this happen, we'll be contenders.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:51 PM
  #25
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
I disagree with the OP. The worst pairing was Brisebois and Hamrlik.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.