HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simple YES or NO....are we done?

Old
05-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
I'm glad that I know the Habs well enough to know that they weren't going to win this series against the Flyers....but I am very disappointed that my team is out of the playoffs at the hands of a team like Philly.

We should have won the series....hands down and we blew it. Big disappointment!!

Better luck next year boys.....Go Habs.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I'm glad that I know the Habs well enough to know that they weren't going to win this series against the Flyers....but I am very disappointed that my team is out of the playoffs at the hands of a team like Philly.

We should have won the series....hands down and we blew it. Big disappointment!!

Better luck next year boys.....Go Habs.
Just curious, what were some of the signs that you saw before the series started. That would make you come to this conclusion?

I've been a Hab fan for many years, and realistically I thought we matched up against them quite well.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Just curious, what were some of the signs that you saw before the series started. That would make you come to this conclusion?

I've been a Hab fan for many years, and realistically I thought we matched up against them quite well.
Habs10Habs, how did you not foresee that Biron was going to outplay our goalies and that the Habs would have all sorts of trouble scoring against a team they have had no trouble scoring against.

I mean, the writing was on the wall.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Habs10Habs, how did you not foresee that Biron was going to outplay our goalies and that the Habs would have all sorts of trouble scoring against a team they have had no trouble scoring against.

I mean, the writing was on the wall.
I know...I know....stupid ****ing me for not coming to that realisation sooner. But I'm learning Fido, and one day I will understand.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Fido22

Quote:
I know...I know....stupid ****ing me for not coming to that realisation sooner. But I'm learning Fido, and one day I will understand.
There you go. Soon, you will also know that it would be better for the Habs to have Getzlaf than Crosby.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:

Well I guess I should have worded that differently. I had a hunch the Habs wouldn't beat the Flyers in the second round because we were tired and beat up after the Boston series and because Philly is just too big and physical. It was after the 2nd game against Philly that I knew the Habs weren't going to win the series because we missed too many chances. Open nets, we hit about 10 goal posts and our powerplay was terrible against Boston and looked terrible against Philly in the first 2 games.

We weren't going to the net in the first 4 games of the series, there was never any traffic in front of Biron and the only reason for that was that our small forwards couldn't handle the big Flyers defencemen.

If the series would have been offence vs offence like it was all season, then we might have won....but the Flyers played tougher defensively and effectively shutdown our offence.

The other factor that I seen was that Price wasn't playing well enough to win. He fumbled the puck ALOT in the first 2 games and let in some questionable goals as well. In the playoffs you need to have outstanding goaltending and we weren't getting it when we needed it.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote