HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Komisarek-Markov ... WORST DUO IN OUR PLAYOFFS?

Old
05-04-2008, 02:53 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Another over reaction thread, why am I not surprised. While I was not happy with Markov's play overall in the playoffs, it is coming out that he was playing injured and that might explain alot. As for the idea of trading away youth...wow....so we trade Higgins because YOU are fed up with him? Who the hell are you that it matter what you think?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Higgins-Chipchura-S. Kostitsyn

Heck of a shutdown line with offensive upside. If we can acquire enough offensive talent for our top two lines to make this happen, we'll be contenders.
That is definitely a line I can see doing well in the future. Plenty of speed and grit and some solid two-way play. I'm curious to see how Chipchura rebounds after his year in Hamilton.

05-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Higgins-Chipchura-S. Kostitsyn

Heck of a shutdown line with offensive upside. If we can acquire enough offensive talent for our top two lines to make this happen, we'll be contenders.
Hmmm I don't like this line... Serge Kostitsyn has too much offensive skills to play with two under average offensive talents like Higgins and Chipchura.

Sergei Kostitsyn will put around 80-90 points in a not too distant future, so he must play on a full offensive line with a true sniper !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Hmmm I don't like this line... Serge Kostitsyn has too much offensive skills to play with two under average offensive talents like Higgins and Chipchura.

Sergei Kostitsyn will put around 80-90 points in a not too distant future, so he must play on a full offensive line woth a true sniper !!

If chipchura put points with Kosto at the beginning of the year, it is because he got offensive potential, you are just unable to see talent where it is hidden

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Fido22

I think Markov and Komi's play was well below what the Habs would have needed in the playoffs (not the worst duo, though....come on).

I don't like to Bulis about injuries, but seeing that those are two character players, gotta wonder.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:07 PM
MTL-rules

Markov is really not a playoff performer. He has never delivered in playoffs so far, it's a concern, let's hope he'll change it next year... injury or not

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:06 PM
ari1160

you just cant blame one or two players in a team. its a team game, you win as a team and lose as a team.
and not to mention they were not 100% cause of injuries.
not every one is like the great saku even with injuries

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:10 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I disagree with the OP. The worst pairing was Brisebois and Hamrlik.

Agreed. Both were minus 3. Worst total among D guys.

Markov and komi were 0 and +3. These two played 25 and 20 min per game too

breezer getting caught on the pinch was like a bad film loop

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:10 PM
j52

The worst pairing was the one on the ice at any given moment!
Their modus non-operandi seemed to be to shove an opposing player off of the puck, and then leave the puck and player free; or to pass the puck blindly off the boards - usually to an opposing player.

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by j52 View Post
The worst pairing was the one on the ice at any given moment!
Their modus non-operandi seemed to be to shove an opposing player off of the puck, and then leave the puck and player free; or to pass the puck blindly off the boards - usually to an opposing player.
Ok... i didnt read the whole thread but Markov admitted playing on an injured leg and Komisarek was rushed back too soon from his hip injury and every Bruins and Flyers player in sight was hitting him there.

OF COURSE two injured players cant be playing at 100%!!! The fact is that in the regular season they would have taken more time to recuperate.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:53 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Ok... i didnt read the whole thread but Markov admitted playing on an injured leg and Komisarek was rushed back too soon from his hip injury and every Bruins and Flyers player in sight was hitting him there.

OF COURSE two injured players cant be playing at 100%!!! The fact is that in the regular season they would have taken more time to recuperate.
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:15 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
+ 38975983478658754939706793490

That's what I was saying all year long !! Chris Higgins is not a true second line player !! His stone hands and his lack of offensive vision are what handicaps him. The guy is a poor 2nd liner/good 3rd liner player. He plays on the 2nd line with the Habs, because we have nobody else !!

On a Stanley Cup contender team, Higgins would be the perfect 3rd line winger. As long as the Habs can't find a better option than Higgins on the LW, they will not go far in the Playoffs.

WRONG, 2nd line wingers on most Contenders (and winners) are just that, 20-25 goals scorers, around 50 pts a year...

example ? m'k... last cup winner had on their 2nd line :
- Perry : 44 pts
- Getzlaf : 58 pts
- Penner : 45 pts

2nd line C, finalist the same year :
- Fischer : 48 pts

thank you.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:21 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!
Not to mention those two were playing 20 to 25 min a game each

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:29 PM
vivrehabs100

Markov was injured so its not his fault.

vivrehabs100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Kachino

Komisarek-Markov ... MOST INJURED DUO IN OUR PLAYOFFS?

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Komisarek and Markov played like ****.

I have held Markov in high regards for many years now. He's an outstanding talent but there's really no urgency whatsoever in that guy. I don't care if he was hurt. Your hockey sense doesn't disappear when you're hurt unless you let the injuries distract you. Which is the case when you're a softie. That's not good.

Komisarek? I think he didn't play well either. I think more than ever that what makes Komisarek stand out is a good, smart partner. When Markov disappears, Komisarek tends to do likewise over the long haul. That too, is not good.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
They played poorly, i can't explain why they played like that but its a fact. Gorges and Bouillon played a hell of a good 2008 playoffs. Hamrlik : our best D. Brisebois played also really well...we saw the difference when O'Byrne was replaced by Pat.

VERY DISSAPOINTED BY ANDREI AND MICHEAL!

And i'll ask a question : Do you trade players like Halak, O'Byrne, Higgins, Chipchura this summer?
They didn't play up to their regular season level, but they were still the top pair. Both seemed to have their skating impaired, Komi by his hip, Markov either a knee or ankle.

In general the defense played well, it was goaltending and maybe a lack of garbage goals that killed us. Our defense was definitely better than Phillie's.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Sergei Kostitsyn will put around 80-90 points in a not too distant future, so he must play on a full offensive line with a true sniper !!

Higgins an "under average offensive talent"??

Did he not score like 55 points? An average NHL forward puts up 30-35 points

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:05 PM
brownman*

I'm still trying to figure out what was going through Hamrlik's head when he tried to defend Umberger on his first goal last night.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
I love how some "experts" here have already predicated a young player's (Higgins') career based on his struggles this season. The kid knows how to shoot (last night's goal was a beaut), he just needs to gain consistency. Once he does I'm sure he'll be a 30 goal scorer.
I think it is highly unlikely he ever reaches 30 unless he ends up on a line with a Crosby or Thornton. Higgins i sbest used as a penalty killer/3rd liner. He has a good defensive game, and his offensive abilities will be betetr suited in a role where he isn't expected to score.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Would like to acquire some Flyers. Umberger is an UFA and Upshall, maybe even Gagne could be had.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 12:26 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
1-Halak : We need a veteran backup goaltender
2-Higgins : I'm tired of this guy
3-O'Byrne : Could bring us a good player in return and we have lots of D-man coming from juniors.
4-Chipchura : We'll keep him unless we could receive something GOOD
1- nope, halak needs to play more and price needs to play less.
2- lets trade a player because some guy on a message board is tired of him. Higgins is young, gritty, speedy, plays well on both ends and is a 50pts player at 25. He will soon start to bury his chances and you'll be licking his dingdong. He is a great team player and loves the habs. He is a Key to keep Komi, Gorges and Price here their whole careers.
3-who??? A GOOD PLAYER for O'byrne??? o'bee isn't worth anything and so does Halak. They need to be established to have value. For the d men coming out of juniors... well they come out of junior and THEY CANNOT PLAY IN THE NHL RIGHT AWAY. That is VERY rare.
4-receive what for chipchura??? another prospect??? Chipchoo has value for us because he is a leader he is gritty and big. He plays center. Didn't you see against boston and Philly that we need just that??? AND YOU WANT TO TRADE HIM??? nonsense.

You just seem to be someone who knows nothing about hockey or someone who needs attention. If you would be in front of me I'd take you in my arms and comfort you.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 12:31 AM
peperebougon*

komi/markov worst duo???read my lips (huuu..fingers????) BOTH WERE INJURED

Last edited by peperebougon*: 05-05-2008 at 01:43 AM.
peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I think it is highly unlikely he ever reaches 30 unless he ends up on a line with a Crosby or Thornton. Higgins i sbest used as a penalty killer/3rd liner. He has a good defensive game, and his offensive abilities will be betetr suited in a role where he isn't expected to score.
You do know he scored 27Goals this season right?..

I agree he'd be best as a 3rd liner with Chipper..i think they would make a great duo. Chip has to work on his speed though.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Habitants

yes i was dissapointed with both of these guys. maybe markov was injured, and komi came back from injury i know, but if the habs wanted to go furthur then they needed these 2 at the top of their game, and they were not.

markov needed to contribute offensively and he did not, the powerplay suffered as a result.

It is not just their fault or Price fault or anyone individual fualt, but when you dont have everyone contributing at the top of their game, then the team is not performing like it did during the regular season. hopefully they will come back strong next year

as for anyone bashing higgins, give me a break! you want to trade him!? he is fantastic for his 3rd year!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote