HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some serious props to the Canadiens fans.

Old
05-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
You guys do deserve props.

It wasn't your time, eventually running with rookie goalies wouldn't work out, Dryden, Roy, maybe just went to the same well too many times. That's nothing to be upset about, Price could rebound very well next season. Does anyone think they maybe get a vet to run in tandem with him, maybe take some of the pressure off?

There's still a lot of good youth in Montreal either way, and if you infuse some grit in there you'll be better prepared next season. Stoked for our match ups already.

Hats off to the Habs, I hate the hell out of your team, but hey you made it to the second round. Congrats again.

Kaoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Megaforce

We were 4-3 before the riot, 1-4 after the riot, against an opponent that was not better than the first team.

The riot took much joy out of the Montreal post season and might've affected the mentality of the team.

The riots of 86 and 93 happened after the season ended, so we can't judge the effect of the riots in those years.

I noticed a whole lot less Habs flags on cars after the riot. People were a little ashamed of their mania and cooled down a bit.

In a way those a-hole riots took a lot of the joy out of the series and might even have somehow effected the Canadiens players' performances.

I blame the cops. They should have really cracked some heads.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Habbiebo0gie

I was at the game tonight, and the cheering at the end of the game was very bittersweet. I was very very very sad and disappointed with the loss, but I simply couldn't bring myself to get angry at the Habs' players. So I chanted with the rest of the crowd, Go Habs Go, at the end of the game (after the empty netter). Surprisingly, we also chanted "Carey Carey Carey", though I am not sure if it was heard on TV. In fact, I wasn't even sure if Price was still on the ice at that time. Nevertheless, I think most of the fans at the game realized that despite the loss, Carey Price is our future, and thus we were cheering to let him know that we hoped he would bounce back next year.

I don't know, I don't care if the move was classy or whatever, but I thought the cheering at the end was really really sad. I mean, I was cheering too, but it was so bittersweet, it was terrible. I can't get over it...........I just saw the last game of our season.......ahhhhhh.....

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 01:32 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You guys do deserve props.

It wasn't your time, eventually running with rookie goalies wouldn't work out, Dryden, Roy, maybe just went to the same well too many times. That's nothing to be upset about, Price could rebound very well next season. Does anyone think they maybe get a vet to run in tandem with him, maybe take some of the pressure off?

There's still a lot of good youth in Montreal either way, and if you infuse some grit in there you'll be better prepared next season. Stoked for our match ups already.

Hats off to the Habs, I hate the hell out of your team, but hey you made it to the second round. Congrats again.
Thanks, I went to your boards a few times and left quite angry with all of the bitterness I saw there but realized myself how bitter I was at the flyers.

I guess in the end it really is just a game.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:03 AM
PricePkPatch

*sight*

I remember when that kind of thread was posted by an Hab fan to the B forum, he almost got lynched. (and cue the following "outraged" thread by Bs fans)

Thank you for the kind word, mister! Have a good playoff!

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:12 AM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
*sight*

I remember when that kind of thread was posted by an Hab fan to the B forum, he almost got lynched. (and cue the following "outraged" thread by Bs fans)

Thank you for the kind word, mister! Have a good playoff!
He actually got lynched, stoned and peed upon.

The last moral victory is ours.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Kudos to all in attendance tonight at the Bell Center. It was really nice to see that the very large majority of fans know how to recognize a valiant effort when they see one.

It's been one amazing season. Next year should be fun.
Yeah, I was hoping the fans would cheer them on their way out. It was an awesome season and a great ride.

Kudos to the team and the fans for the great year.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Alfie Turcotte

Thank you, very kind of yours.

Good luck for the next round !

Alfie Turcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Thanks for the good wishes all but... this was a good season
and THE one thing to not forget about it:

WE'RE BACK !!

..and i think the message has been understood across the league!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Coburnfan05

Congrats habs fans...Pure Class!!!

I'm a flyer fan and drove up to the game with 3 habs fans from Hamilton. We had a blast the game was great and you hab fans were extremely friendly. I wore my jersey to the game and sure I had a bunch of harmless barbs thrown my way but I was pleasantly surprised to see how friendly and inviting most hab fans are.

I had pictures taken with allot of people and I had no feeling of being harmed wearing my flyer jersey.

To the city of Montreal and hab fans...Thanks.

Coburnfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coburnfan05 View Post
I had pictures taken with allot of people and I had no feeling of being harmed wearing my flyer jersey.

To the city of Montreal and hab fans...Thanks.
So you brought a camera so you could take a picture of anyone who would attack you, right? Talk about being 'prepared'...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote