HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lats Non Goal

Old
05-04-2008, 09:32 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Dude...Drunk posts are a dangerous thing

Re Habs...Kudos on 8000

Old
05-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Domenic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
this is ****ing ridiculous, we would have won the series if they allowed lats goal.

flyers push the net off to win the series, and richards gloves one in for the win, this is ridiculous and must be fixed, the refs are killing me!

cost the habs millions in playoff revenue. NHL = god awful
Am I on the Bruins board?

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 09:47 AM
icerocket

Quote:
this is ****ing ridiculous, we would have won the series if they allowed lats goal.

flyers push the net off to win the series, and richards gloves one in for the win, this is ridiculous and must be fixed, the refs are killing me!

I don't even know what to write except for

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:14 PM
KenAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCharms View Post
If 1/2 the pucks that hit Birons posts went in, whole different series. But they didn't...for whatever reason.
The Flyers hit at least 4 posts as well, though.

KenAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:23 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyChick87 View Post
Dude...Drunk posts are a dangerous thing

Re Habs...Kudos on 8000
Thanks SexyChick87!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey View Post
Yes, Let's blame those Refs for the crossbar hit too now...
Lat's never scored....

And the goal off the glove, look they know the rules better then any of us here, they consulted with Toronto who verified the replays in different angles, and concluded that it was a legit goal. Trust me, i argued it at 1st as well, but gotta live with it.
Whats the deal with that glove goal anyway? It clearly hit is glove as he went to catch it. So what's the actual rule?

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Corey

Quote:

Sorry, but I didn't see it your way. You remind me of the weay Bruins fans see their team's defeats.

Last edited by Corey: 05-04-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:

I will agree that the refs suck in the playoffs so far this year with all the borderline penalties called, but the Habs were given more then enough powerplays and they didn't capitalize. Can't blame that on the refs!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Whats the deal with that glove goal anyway? It clearly hit is glove as he went to catch it. So what's the actual rule?
The rule is if any player tries to bat the puck in the direction of the net, it's disallowed. If a shot deflects off a glove, it's a goal. I believe that this was in between, and that was the delay. It was at most a deflection, but it wasn't like his glove was down at his side: he was clearly reaching to get the puck, likely to put it on his stick. If you think it clearly his the glove, then it would be allowed, but I believe the official ruling was that it deflected off the shoulder.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
The rule is if any player tries to bat the puck in the direction of the net, it's disallowed. If a shot deflects off a glove, it's a goal. I believe that this was in between, and that was the delay. It was at most a deflection, but it wasn't like his glove was down at his side: he was clearly reaching to get the puck, likely to put it on his stick. If you think it clearly his the glove, then it would be allowed, but I believe the official ruling was that it deflected off the shoulder.
On the radio they said it touched Richard's shoulder and that's why it has been a goal. Otherwise, they said it would have been disallowed.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:22 PM
KenAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
On the radio they said it touched Richard's shoulder and that's why it has been a goal. Otherwise, they said it would have been disallowed.
On Versus, they posted the rule and explained it. The rule for hands is very similar to the rule for feet and legs. Deflections (both intentional and accidental) are allowed, but kicking and throwing motions are not.

KenAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAF View Post
The Flyers hit at least 4 posts as well, though.
and at least 2 of them bounced right to a Flyer for an easy goal.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:43 PM
JrHockeyFan

Refs did not lose us the series. We lost us the series

lot's of incredibly weird stuff happened for sure. It only goes to show how hard it is to get those calls right the first time. You know what. Most of the time they do. And if they don't the video can sometimes correct it

I am not saying it was an illegal goal but I still wonder about that hand shoulder thing by Richards. Richards says he tried to hit it with his hand and missed. It hit his shoulder and went in the net. I just do not understand how a puck at that speed could hit a man that tall on the shoulder and still go in the net. You'd think it would put it over the net, unless of course it actually hit his hand and he was afraid to admit it because he did not know it was ok to hit it as long as he did not bat it towards the net. VERY weird

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Refs did not lose us the series. We lost us the series

lot's of incredibly weird stuff happened for sure. It only goes to show how hard it is to get those calls right the first time. You know what. Most of the time they do. And if they don't the video can sometimes correct it

I am not saying it was an illegal goal but I still wonder about that hand shoulder thing by Richards. Richards says he tried to hit it with his hand and missed. It hit his shoulder and went in the net. I just do not understand how a puck at that speed could hit a man that tall on the shoulder and still go in the net. You'd think it would put it over the net, unless of course it actually hit his hand and he was afraid to admit it because he did not know it was ok to hit it as long as he did not bat it towards the net. VERY weird
The replay made it seem like it did hit his shoulder.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 05:49 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
and at least 2 of them bounced right to a Flyer for an easy goal.
LOL that is true

One of our posts went behind Biron and a defenseman gathered it without closing his hand on it or pulling it into his own body. He pushed it under Biron which I guess is acceptable. So many oddities this series

Old
05-04-2008, 05:52 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
The replay made it seem like it did hit his shoulder.
which is what everybody says. I'm just baffled how something can deflect off the top of something higher than the net and go down. The puck was up around the man's ear at least 6 feet off the ice

Old
05-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCharms View Post
Are you saying Richards deliberately deflected a shot with his fingertip into the net intentionally?

At that speed?

...off his fingertip???

C'mon dude. He simply tried to catch it and missed, got lucky and it went in.

If 1/2 the pucks that hit Birons posts went in, whole different series. But they didn't...for whatever reason.
The avatar "We have magnetic posts. Don't be jealous" can explain everything...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:01 PM
HabsoluteFate

As someone else pointed out it hit the crossbar...the refs were bad but IMO its game 2's non calls that made the biggest difference...otherwise as hard as Montreal tried Philly was able to bury their chances when they got them...that was the difference.

I've never seen a team outplay another for as long as Montreal has but to come out and lose the series 4-1. Although you have to give credit for Philly in scoring when it mattered Montreal should learn a good lesson from this...its not that hard to keep a guy in front of the net. Thats what they did in the last game and IMO if they had done that the entire series we would have another game tonight

Edit: Well overall Boston did outplay montreal most games but they werent able to bury the puck in so i guess what comes around goes around...
Kind of ironic that a series later the complete opposite occured

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote