HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2nd for Huet a steal... FOR US!!!

Old
05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal Huet View Post

Price: 0 clutch games vs Philly
Huet: 4 clutch games vs Philly.
Huet won how many games against Philly??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:48 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev47 View Post
Meanie lol

thank you

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
3, but it doesn't mean you can't be clutch in a loss as well.

That OT loss, Huet was magic, I think he made his two awesome saves that made the SC HON and one was highlight of the night to keep the game tied, plus (if I recall correctly) he stoned Knuble in the slot in double OT only to have the rebound stuffed in over him.

whatever, lol, I'm off...

Quote:
Listen dimwits, the Habs didn't have faith in Huet and Huet lost the starting job to Price.It was his to lose and he did just that, so is it possible for your dead horse beaters to grow a brain and begin to think intelligently?

The level of stupidity on this board is shocking
Wow, we were actually having a good argument until someone like you showed up, a lot of us use our brain for more than insulting other posters.
Do you see anyone here insulting each other? no, so gtfo.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:49 PM
HotPie

Quote:
The 1st part of your post is debateable (though I really don't want to) on how Huet could've done if he were here, seeing he is a Bruins killer.

2nd, you're right, he didn't have a future, it doesn't mean his tenure couldn't have last 3 more months or so.
Arguing is useless, but I can't take credit for this one, I didn't start it this time, I just joined in.

But you're right, it's getting tiring talking about the same thing all the time whenever it pops up.
No I'm sorry, the first part of my post is not debatable. Unless you have some magical instrument that is able to have access to alternate realities, any sort of arguments regarding how much further we could have gone with Huet are worthless.

You can debate whether or not Gainey made the right move, fine. But that argument is worthless.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:53 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
thank you

Quote:
3, but it doesn't mean you can't be clutch in a loss as well.

That OT loss, Huet was magic, I think he made his two awesome saves that made the SC HON and one was highlight of the night to keep the game tied, plus (if I recall correctly) he stoned Knuble in the slot in double OT only to have the rebound stuffed in over him.

whatever, lol, I'm off...

Wow, we were actually having a good argument until someone like you showed up, a lot of us use our brain for more than insulting other posters.
Do you see anyone here insulting each other? no, so gtfo.
Also Huet was pretty good in their 2-0 loss too. See ya later man

kovalev47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Beakermania*

With Huet's shootout record, do you think he stops Richards and Briere on breakaways in game 5??

Old
05-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
In this whole debate, if I might add something...., I don't think Huet never showed any nervousness during the last stretch and in the playoffs. While it was obvious that Carey was thinking a lot about his bad goals he had given before making him lose in concentration, Huet made a LOT of great saves after giving ordinary goals. I think that that kind of attitude, would've given our team more boost to counter attack. We might have seen more pinching from the D since we would have trusted Huet a little more.

And while I love Mike Green, you just can't compare their defense with ours. I mean I would take Gorges ahead of all the other d-men but Green. And that's only Gorges so imagine Hamrlik, Komi and Markov even in there worst moments....

We really shouldn't compare Huet and Price goaltending in the playoffs. If the real reason is for the future, while we do or don't agree, that's another story.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:01 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Umm about 2 more than Price?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:03 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Umm about 2 more than Price?
and how many more series ?

Old
05-04-2008, 07:04 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
and how many more series ?
Don't change the subject.

Old
05-04-2008, 07:07 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Don't change the subject.
changing subject ? I though it was about how much better we would have been with Cristo in nets ?

Old
05-04-2008, 07:09 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
changing subject ? I though it was about how much better we would have been with Cristo in nets ?
See all along you didn't even know what we were talking about

Old
05-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
With Huet's shootout record, do you think he stops Richards and Briere on breakaways in game 5??
In the end, I don't think taking bits of games would help the demonstration. He might not have stopped both or 1 of the 2, but he could've stopped all the others Price gaves, while Price had a shutout in game 7, maybe Huet would not have give 5 goals in 2 games in a row, meaning we would not have needed a game 7......We will never know that.....

But something we know, Huet would have been a better insurance policy than Halak. Did the management really had confidence in Halak? Did they knew that Price was shaky before getting him out of there but still prefered a shaky Price to a healthy Halak? Would they have done the same with Huet?

Again, I really really don't know what the debate is 'cause how many people were glad to see Huet gone at the trade deadline? Everybody was fine with this and didn't mind going with 2 rookies in the playoffs?

And for the Gainey obtained a 2nd round pick for him, please remember that Gainey himself said that they would have offered him a 5th or a 6th he would've taked it. McPhee is the one who gave him a 2nd, Gainey would not have pulled out that trade if McPhee was only offering a 5th.....In the end, only the result count and I'm sure the 2nd will be a great choice and more fun for me come draft time next year. But seriously, the pick is far from being the point here.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:11 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
He did stop Briere in game 5 or 6 on a breakaway to keep the score 0-0.

Old
05-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
In the end, I don't think taking bits of games would help the demonstration. He might not have stopped both or 1 of the 2, but he could've stopped all the others Price gaves, while Price had a shutout in game 7, maybe Huet would not have give 5 goals in 2 games in a row, meaning we would not have needed a game 7......We will never know that.....

But something we know, Huet would have been a better insurance policy than Halak. Did the management really had confidence in Halak? Did they knew that Price was shaky before getting him out of there but still prefered a shaky Price to a healthy Halak? Would they have done the same with Huet?

Again, I really really don't know what the debate is 'cause how many people were glad to see Huet gone at the trade deadline? Everybody was fine with this and didn't mind going with 2 rookies in the playoffs?

And for the Gainey obtained a 2nd round pick for him, please remember that Gainey himself said that they would have offered him a 5th or a 6th he would've taked it. McPhee is the one who gave him a 2nd, Gainey would not have pulled out that trade if McPhee was only offering a 5th.....In the end, only the result count and I'm sure the 2nd will be a great choice and more fun for me come draft time next year. But seriously, the pick is far from being the point here.
We really don't know if Price would've stepped up the way he did if Huet was still around.

Old
05-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Huet also gave up a weak penalty shot goal to Richards.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:19 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
IMPOSSIBLE!

- He is too old
- He nevar wins things like important games and clutch games and high pressure games
- He isn't Roy
- He is old so he must have wrincly balls
- He didn't win the series so he played horribly

Old
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
We really don't know if Price would've stepped up the way he did if Huet was still around.
That is definately a possibility. But here's question for you. There are many goalies that have been ruined by rushing them to the NHL. Are you willing to take that risk instead of sacrificing a year or 2 of Price playing in the NHL? No we don't know for sure if it will ruin his confidence. But suppose in the future we see it has affected him. Would you be happy that Bob made such a risky move?

Old
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
IMPOSSIBLE!

- He is too old
- He nevar wins things like important games and clutch games and high pressure games
- He isn't Roy
- He is old so he must have wrincly balls
- He didn't win the series so he played horribly
Lol

Old
05-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
That is definately a possibility. But here's question for you. There are many goalies that have been ruined by rushing them to the NHL. Are you willing to take that risk instead of sacrificing a year or 2 of Price playing in the NHL? No we don't know for sure if it will ruin his confidence. But suppose in the future we see it has affected him. Would you be happy that Bob made such a risky move?
I am happy with the move.... Price isn't like other goalies and I trust Gainey's judgment when it comes to him... He hasn't been wrong yet.

Old
05-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Cristobal Huet

Quote:
On the subject of shootouts, after that game vs the Thrashers a while back in which Huet let in 2 goals on 2 shots, I swear, but I can't find the stats, that he didn't let in another goal in the shootouts (Rangers, Atlanta, Boston with DC, Carolina with DC) during that span, after that horrendous night.
So, it's been like 13 or 14 shots in a row he's stopped...shootout record, you were saying?

Old
05-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Cristobal Huet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Huet also gave up a weak penalty shot goal to Richards.
Price also gave up a weak long range slapper goal to Hartnell last night to put the icing on the cake.

Old
05-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Price also gave up a weak long range slapper goal to Hartnell last night to put the icing on the cake.
Huet always had problems with long range slappers

Old
05-04-2008, 07:40 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Are you idiots going to argue about this for the next 145 days?

Neither Huet nor Price would have gotten us the Cup. As far as I'm concerned, SC runner up is just 4 places worse in the draft.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Cristobal Huet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Are you idiots going to argue about this for the next 145 days?

Neither Huet nor Price would have gotten us the Cup. As far as I'm concerned, SC runner up is just 4 places worse in the draft.

Actually, for once, the arguing has been rather amusing, there has been no name-calling and most of what we're jabbing is all in good fun.