3rd Round Matchup - Flames vs. Sharks

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2004, 12:22 AM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Discussions about next season's (whenever that might be) lines really belong in a different thread. For the sake of argument, we'll consider this...

First, think realistically about how much each NHL team's roster changes each year. You're making assumptions that the only moves GM Sutter makes is to sign Conroy & Niemenen (neither are going to be slam dunks) and to let Simon & McAmmond walk. Letting Simon go would be foolish, and to part ways with McAmmond would be expected. Oh, and a year in the AHL would do Nystrom a lot of good.

No way is the group, out of camp, going to look that similar to what we're seeing now.
Come on now BB, you always gotta be preparing for the future

Naw, another thread, another time.

Old
05-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Badger Bob

If nothing else, it sure beats thread titles such as:

"What if we STILL had St. Louis, Dingman and Stillman!"

"Why'd we let Giguere go???"

"As a Leafs fan..."

Old
05-14-2004, 05:27 PM
chriss_co

This series is looking like one of those 'who ever scores first' series...

SJ sure looked alot better with the lead than in previous games.. but then again, i expected them to be better..

Old
05-14-2004, 05:33 PM
chriss_co

Quote:
Originally Posted by York16
Did anyone hear Cherry tell Harvey the Hound to "screw off" just before the Flames came on the ice? :lol And then he pwned that idiot from The Calgary Herald that said **** about him getting out of trouble by wishing a dying child to get well. I can't believe that got published.

Yea.. i've never really liked what Bruce Dowbiggin writes... thats why i dont read his columns anymore.. if i remember correctly, the last time i read his column was about a year ago when he was tearing Iggy apart for having an off year.. more or less, it started with iggy not scoring in the first 5-6 games or so and then the media (especially dowbiggin) starts ripping into iggy.. saying he's choking etc etc... and soon enough, iggy actually falls into a slump... i guess he's allowed to write that stuff since its his opinion but i really wish the herald got rid of him and hired more respectful hockey-informing writers

I dunno.. i'm glad Cherry ripped into his column because I seriously wonder about a couple of the hockey writers the Herald has... (although it has improved with Jean Lefevbre and Cruickshank isn't that bad)

the herald sports section was at its best when eric duhatschek was still writing for them.. but of course the herald had a strike and their entire sport section staff never returned and we got stuck with george johnson and bruce dowbiggin.. the herald has never returned to its sports 'glory' days IMO

Old
05-16-2004, 01:53 PM
coolio123

Speaking of Calgary newspapers, did anybody see Nieminen wearing a t-shirt with Iginla on it in the Sun today? Does anyone else notice Nieminen singing the Canadian anthem at the begining of games?

Old
05-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Badger Bob

Is Cory Stillman giving the motivational speeches before playoff home games?

Old
05-16-2004, 11:28 PM
ForeignFlame

Got to say I'm a bit worried about the Flames right now. All throughout the playoffs, I've kept the faith that the Flames can work hard and battle back against anyone, but I think the mounting injuries and extended campaign are taking their toll on our boys. I hope I'm wrong, but they look just about worn out.

Old
05-16-2004, 11:42 PM
kruezer

Hey, did anybody else notice that when Lowry-Kobasew-Saprykin was on with Commodore-Ference that Kobasew was the guy who took over offensively? He's really come a long way in these playoffs IMO. He's been just great, and I think his offensive confidence is coming, it shows (me at least) a lot that he wants to be the guy with the puck with the fourth line/third paring guys on the ice, it shows that he believes he can handle the puck at this level IMO and from there his confidence can only rise I think. Man I think he was the best Flame tonight.

This was Regehr's worst game of the playoffs IMO, just awful. Sutter's gotta change it back to Regehr-Leopold and Warrener-Ference, I don't care if it puts Monty on his wrong side, he shouldn't hit the ice much anyway. I don't want to blame Monty for Regehr's terrible play today, but I don't exactly think he's going to help.

Simon has a bullseye on his back, I hate to take him out, cause I'm really not blaming for a lot of the stuff, but if he's gonna be in the box all the time its a risk to play him, but putting in Oliwa doesn't help much IMO, he's watched just as closely.

Any word on Lombo and Lydman? I hate to mess with concussions, but we could sure use them right about now.

Turek was impressive with the stick handling today eh?

Ference is sketchy to play apparently. Man Lydman's gotta get healthy.

Old
05-17-2004, 04:41 PM
koolmodee

Game 4 Gong SHOW!

Game 4 for the flames was the worst game i have ever seen a group of hockey players ever play. it reminded me of my days of playing hockey when i was younger when the so called star of the team would just give up and whin if things didn't go thier way!!!...so much too their credit The Flames will get another chance tonight for if the series was decided in game 4 only the shark's well.... have clearly won!

Go Flames Go!

Old
05-18-2004, 12:37 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
This was Regehr's worst game of the playoffs IMO, just awful. Sutter's gotta change it back to Regehr-Leopold and Warrener-Ference, I don't care if it puts Monty on his wrong side, he shouldn't hit the ice much anyway. I don't want to blame Monty for Regehr's terrible play today, but I don't exactly think he's going to help.
About time Sutter started listening to me

FAR better game from the defense, Regehr and Leopold are just far better together, they play so well together its disgusting.

Kobasew still rocks, this guy needs to get more ice somehow, he's been just great, just 12 minutes is all I ask. With all the chances this guy gets in just 8 minutes, think if he had 4 more.

Nieminen-Nilson-Donovan just don't stop, man they've been great and consistent, just awesome. Nice game by Ville tonight I thought, disciplined and effective.

Iginla just stepped up. Resign Conroy right now.

Old
05-18-2004, 01:12 AM
ForeignFlame

Well, what a diiference a day makes, or should that be what a difference playing on the road makes? :lol

Flames got back to Flames hockey today as the defense looked sharp again, and Kipper turned aside the few chances the Sharks got.

Hopefully the Flames can finish this series at the Dome, but I've got a feeling that it still may go to seven.

GO FLAMES!!! Love this smilie!!!

Old
05-18-2004, 03:12 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Hey, did anybody else notice that when Lowry-Kobasew-Saprykin was on with Commodore-Ference that Kobasew was the guy who took over offensively? He's really come a long way in these playoffs IMO. He's been just great, and I think his offensive confidence is coming, it shows (me at least) a lot that he wants to be the guy with the puck with the fourth line/third paring guys on the ice, it shows that he believes he can handle the puck at this level IMO and from there his confidence can only rise I think. Man I think he was the best Flame tonight

Thank you. I am a huge Kobasew fan. He's just like Leopold, Saprykin, Ference, and Regehr who've had coming out parties this playoff. And l love yelling CHUCK!! He's good with limited ice time. He's turned into a hard working pest like Fleury, and his offensive and defensive games will come in time. One of my favourite flames, he's due to score a huge goal soon!!

GO FLAMES GO!!

Old
05-18-2004, 06:08 AM
ForeignFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
Thank you. I am a huge Kobasew fan. He's just like Leopold, Saprykin, Ference, and Regehr who've had coming out parties this playoff. And l love yelling CHUCK!! He's good with limited ice time. He's turned into a hard working pest like Fleury, and his offensive and defensive games will come in time. One of my favourite flames, he's due to score a huge goal soon!!

GO FLAMES GO!!
It'd be nice for Chuck to score A goal, huge or not.

Old
05-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Cyclops II*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack

GO FLAMES GO!!

He has the talent to be a Fleury. Sutter will probably turn him into a Barnaby clone.

Old
05-18-2004, 02:59 PM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops II
Sutter will probably turn him into a Barnaby clone.
say what you want about sutter, but he's the reason both teams are in the conference finals. just a heads up

Old
05-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Leafer4Life
Go Leafs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Leafer4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Leafer4Life
Good luck guys! I hope that the flames take it all the way! Would love to see that cup back in Canada! Iginla's one of my favorite hockey players by the way GO FLAMES!

Old
05-20-2004, 06:01 AM
ForeignFlame

Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flames going to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Old
05-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
After all that partying on 17th Ave last night, it's time for a

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
05-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
I see your WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
and raise you a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Badger Bob: 05-21-2004 at 05:45 AM.
Closed Thread