HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What UFA do you want the most?

View Poll Results: What UFA do you want most?
Marian Hossa 96 24.12%
Jaromir Jagr 44 11.06%
Brian Rolston 99 24.87%
Kristian Huselius 6 1.51%
Pavol Demitra 7 1.76%
Martin Gelinas 2 0.50%
Brendan Shanahan 10 2.51%
Sean Avery 25 6.28%
Wade Redden 8 2.01%
Jason Smith 2 0.50%
Georges Laraque 12 3.02%
Brian Campbell 33 8.29%
Mats Sundin 36 9.05%
Markus Naslund 7 1.76%
Other (who?) 11 2.76%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
  #51
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Of the options I think Rolston would fit in the best, and provide good intangibles. I excluded guys like Sundin and Avery because it just won't happen.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 12:36 AM
  #52
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Marian Hossa Jaromir Jagr Brian Rolston Brendan Shanahan Sean Avery Jason Smith Georges Laraque Brian Campbell

those are interesting (within the list)

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 12:39 AM
  #53
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,248
vCash: 500
None of the above

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 12:59 AM
  #54
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
None of the above
none at all you mean??? or someone else??? If we let Ryder, smoke go, we could use the cash to help the team. Getting a one of these guys for a reasonnable contract would be an upgrade. For sure. Most of our NHL ready guys well.... are in the NHL. We can make room for a guy (except a couple i don't like in the list). This is our chance to get a hossa for free and you'd be against that?? ok. but with ryder and smoke gone, we will keep a spot for a rookie and hire a vet forward to patch the hole. I'd rather him being a hossa than a kostopoulos. When you have the chance to get a guy like this for FREE you go! The habs have a hard time signing big names, but we need well... to try to get them all... someday we'll get one! Koivu and Kovy are getting old, we gotta think of replacing them or at least make the transition easier. I don't see a superstar player in the habs system... sorry. We never tank. We gotta get one by trade or free agency.



Some muscle would be nice. We are too classy we need a REAL **** disturber.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:02 AM
  #55
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I think Rolston or Huselius would be the best bang-for-your-buck picks. They wouldn't cost $5mil+ like the elite UFAs (Hossa...) will cost, and could be very helpful players.
huselius is not what we need. Better than get nothing though, I'd still be mildly happy. Rolston I'd like. A lot The kind of player we need. I hope gainey goes hard after the guy.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:13 AM
  #56
MontrealHabitant
Registered User
 
MontrealHabitant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
We are not in needs of Centers.

We need a goal scorer, right or left wing.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:20 AM
  #57
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
We are not in needs of Centers.

We need a goal scorer, right or left wing.
Did you see our options when Koivu was hurt??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:21 AM
  #58
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
Did you see our options when Koivu was hurt??
In fairness there's only one team in the league that has sufficient depth at center to not miss their top center.. Dallas.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:21 AM
  #59
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Campbell..

A.Kost Plekanec Kovalev

Higgins Koivu D'Agostini

Latendresse Grabovski S.Kostitsyn

Lapierre\Stewart\Begin Chipchura Kostopoulos


Markov Komisarek

Hamrlik OByrne

Campbell Bouillon

Campbell and Markov on the first PP unit.. Hamrlik and S.K on the second..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:22 AM
  #60
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
You're going to pay Campbell $5+ million to play the 3rd pairing?

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:23 AM
  #61
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Campbell..

A.Kost Plekanec Kovalev
Higgins Koivu D'Agostini
Latendresse Grabovski S.Kostitsyn
Lapierre\Stewart\Begin Chipchura Kostopoulos


Markov Komisarek
Hamrlik OByrne
Campbell Bouillon

Campbell and Markov on the first PP unit.. Hamrlik and S.K on the second..
You are missing Gorges. I don't care what anyone says; he was our #4 guy this year in my book.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:29 AM
  #62
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Mr. Rolston.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:57 AM
  #63
axman88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
I don't know if you guys realized but this philly series showed us what we are lacking...size, grit, and lack of getting dirty or in front of the net.

We need guys like Tucker or Laraque...someone who isn't shy in staying infront of the net looking for those rebounds and screening the goalie during powerplays.

I doubt Laraque would leave Pittsburgh next year and Tucker has a ridiculous 2 or 3 yr deal with Toronto....does anyone know of any other player on the UFA who fits this role type?

We also need a D-man like Campbell....Streit does not play defense well...I'd sign him for at most 1.5 mil as a forward and a point man for the powerplay otherwise i'd let him walk and then I'd sign Campbell for 6.5 mil. (even if we sign streit I'd still sign Campbell).

We need a big strong Center: Since this years UFA centers are pretty weak...I'd sign Sergei Federov for 1-2 yrs not more than 2 mil a yr.

Right Wing: Marian Hossa (7 mil for 6 yrs) or Jaromir Jagr (6.5 mil for 2-3 yrs)



OUT: Smolinsky, Ryder, Dandenault (if we could trade him)

IN: Streit, Campbell, Federov, Hossa and a gritty forward.

I didn't check to see if it's possible to keep everyone under the cap and sign these UFA's but I believe we will have the funds to get them...with the departure of Ryder, Smolinsky, huet and possibly dandenault. + the cap will go up around 5 mil.

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:06 AM
  #64
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
I don't know if you guys realized but this philly series showed us what we are lacking...size, grit, and lack of getting dirty or in front of the net.

We need guys like Tucker or Laraque...someone who isn't shy in staying infront of the net looking for those rebounds and screening the goalie during powerplays.

I doubt Laraque would leave Pittsburgh next year and Tucker has a ridiculous 2 or 3 yr deal with Toronto....does anyone know of any other player on the UFA who fits this role type?

We also need a D-man like Campbell....Streit does not play defense well...I'd sign him for at most 1.5 mil as a forward and a point man for the powerplay otherwise i'd let him walk and then I'd sign Campbell for 6.5 mil. (even if we sign streit I'd still sign Campbell).

We need a big strong Center: Since this years UFA centers are pretty weak...I'd sign Sergei Federov for 1-2 yrs not more than 2 mil a yr.

Right Wing: Marian Hossa (7 mil for 6 yrs) or Jaromir Jagr (6.5 mil for 2-3 yrs)



OUT: Smolinsky, Ryder, Dandenault (if we could trade him)

IN: Streit, Campbell, Federov, Hossa and a gritty forward.

I didn't check to see if it's possible to keep everyone under the cap and sign these UFA's but I believe we will have the funds to get them...with the departure of Ryder, Smolinsky, huet and possibly dandenault. + the cap will go up around 5 mil.
No way we land all three of those guys...


Myself, Id just go for Bobby Holik...at the right price of course

  Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:10 AM
  #65
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,263
vCash: 500
Hossa

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:18 AM
  #66
Sir Jacques Demers
Registered User
 
Sir Jacques Demers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 935
vCash: 500


this guy

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:48 AM
  #67
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 10,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
We are not in needs of Centers.

We need a goal scorer, right or left wing.
Rolston can play all positions hence why he would be the perfect choice for us.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:59 AM
  #68
Crusher20
Registered User
 
Crusher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Hossa would be my first choice, and i would love Jagr for 1years + 1 year option... if Hossa wont...but i doubt he sign a contract like that.. also we need a big guy for the playoffs... a veteran a la Roberts.. but more healthy less old.

Hopefully the kids continue improving.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:01 AM
  #69
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Rolston, hands down.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 10:12 AM
  #70
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Rolston for me! he would bring some leadership experience and offence on the wing! great shot! Hossa is too expensive imo he will goto the highest bidder, and he will get the max!

i would not mind to get Redden, and i think ottawa will let him walk, but that is very stupid of them imo. but he will also goto the highest bidder, and i dont think it will be the habs

imagine

Markov-Komi
Hammer-Redden

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 10:16 AM
  #71
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,915
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Biran freakin' Rolston.

Size, speed, character, grit and two-way play.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 10:17 AM
  #72
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Brian Rolston.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 10:19 AM
  #73
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
Rolston for me! he would bring some leadership experience and offence on the wing! great shot! Hossa is too expensive imo he will goto the highest bidder, and he will get the max!

i would not mind to get Redden, and i think ottawa will let him walk, but that is very stupid of them imo. but he will also goto the highest bidder, and i dont think it will be the habs

imagine

Markov-Komi
Hammer-Redden
I'm not changing my answer, but I've always wanted a goon on this team...

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 10:21 AM
  #74
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,854
vCash: 500
Hossa remains tops on my wish list, we need that 1 bona fide sharp shooter on this team

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 10:23 AM
  #75
BintZ
 
BintZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amsterdam
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
I like the idea of signing Pavol Demitra and Andrew Brunette.

S. Kostitsyn - Koivu - A. Kostitsyn
Demitra - Plekanec - Kovalev
Higgins - Chipchura - Brunette
Begin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Now we have 3 forward lines with great offensive potential. Plekanec and Demitra are both Czech so there might be some chemistry there.

BintZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.