HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aki Berg?

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

vCash: 500
Please, by all means take him.

Old
05-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Master Lok

Berg sucks. I know Huddy or whoever on the Oiler coaching staff is transforming 5/6 defensemen into World Cup candidates (Staios, Cross, Ulanov) but to EXPECT them to turn Berg into something special is much like turning water into wine. IF we were short on defensemen (which we're not), then I wouldn't give more than a 6th rounder for Berg. But otherwise I'd rather stick with Cross, Ulanov, Semenov, Bergeron or give time to Luoma, Lynch, or Woywitka instead.

Old
05-20-2004, 01:40 PM
chayter_con1

Send a message via Yahoo to chayter_con1
I was iffy on Cross and Ulanov but like the first post had voiced the oilers have lately been able to bring worn out defense men back from the dead. I would go for it!

Old
05-20-2004, 10:12 PM
kerrly

Send a message via MSN to kerrly
Smith for Berg, you've got to be kidding me right? I wouldn't consider moving Smith in the first place let alone only getting a player who is the calibre of Berg. If Smith does get moved for some unknown reason, the player that will be brought in will be a young forward with promise, or someone who Lowe thinks is underperforming in his current situation and thinks will prosper with this club. We have too many D already, and I would be happy if this team stayed exactly the way it is. Now we have the money to keep guys like Smith, so its time to stop trading away our best players and give them a chance to gel together. Its time to keep a team around instead of having the revolving door that we seem to have here. I don't blame most of the players for never looking to comfortable with the guys they are playing.

Closed Thread