HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official Let's Sign Jagr Thread

Old
05-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
Then again, maybe he and Gainey can take a little walk...
Or an helicopter tour of Montreal and then....................

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 12:30 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Rolston !
Thats who I want to see too.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
NOOOOOOOO THANKS!!!

It would be great to sign a player with Jagr's size and skill, but he is another soft player who can't excel when the going gets tough. That was the Habs biggest problem against the Flyers, they were too soft and couldn't handle the big tough Philly defencemen.

We need to go after some tougher, meaner players who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. We need more grit if we want to win in the playoffs.

We seen first hand that you can't make a cup run if you don't have size and toughness. You can rely on a good powerplay all season long to score most of your goals, but in the playoffs you need to play hard and mean in order to win....plain and simple.
Jagr is not soft...He may not throw thundering bodychecks, but he goes to the front of the net and cannot be moved.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Jagr is not soft...He may not throw thundering bodychecks, but he goes to the front of the net and cannot be moved.
Agreed

Jagr is not a power forward but he's not soft either and won't shy away from physical contact.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 02:06 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever View Post
Even if he isn't the same player he used to be, he's still better than all of our wingers. The guy puts up a more than a point a game each season (this one excluded). If he would have had a healthy center man, he would've amassed 90+ points without a doubt...Also for the Rangers Organization, if you know Jagr plays best with Nylander, why did they trying Gomez and Drury over the offseason? Why not one of the two + Nylander?

P.S. - Go look who has the most points in the playoffs and leading the NHL with 15...Just go check.
Nylander wanted a 4 year deal and that was a deal breaker for Sather.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Live Forever

Sadly a NYR without Nylander is going to be a deal breaker in Jagr signing elsewhere

Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever View Post
Sadly a NYR without Nylander is going to be a deal breaker in Jagr signing elsewhere
As a Ranger Fan, I would let him go.

I am not thrilled with the FA Crop this year. As much as I hate to say it, Id go young with the yutes(thats youths to you Canadians). Take a couple steps back and get in the Tavares Sweeps. The Pens are going to win the cup this year because they have the superstars due to drafting so low. the rangers in all those years of missing the playoffs were never the worst team. they always hung around 12-14. We need a couple of Top tier picks to be a stanley cup team. Free Agency is not the answer.

sorry for changing the subject.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
As a Ranger Fan, I would let him go.

I am not thrilled with the FA Crop this year. As much as I hate to say it, Id go young with the yutes(thats youths to you Canadians). Take a couple steps back and get in the Tavares Sweeps. The Pens are going to win the cup this year because they have the superstars due to drafting so low. the rangers in all those years of missing the playoffs were never the worst team. they always hung around 12-14. We need a couple of Top tier picks to be a stanley cup team. Free Agency is not the answer.

sorry for changing the subject.
Sorry but the Rags are not entering the Tavares sweepstakes even if you let Jagr, Rozisval, Avery go.... You are closer to a cup then last overall. Staal is a number 1 D... Lundqvist is a number 1 goalie... and you have 2 very good centres in Gomez, and Drury. You also have guys like Dubinsky, Prucha, etc who are good young players.... I wouldn't be tanking if I was the rags, i'd be going for it.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Kikizaz

Im all on board the "sign Jagr" bandwagon. He had a terrific playoffs with the rangers. And he can play the half boards (a la Kovalev) on our second powerplay unit.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:22 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
The Habs have 2 years before Koivu, Kovy drop off. The window of opportunity is shortening. Add Jagr for 5 and rosival for 4 and well I hope the cap is high this year lol

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:27 AM
peperebougon*

Jagr and avery

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote