HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKAC Sports blames Koivu for playoff exit.

Old
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Stephen Locke*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Holy ****. so many of these people deserve to be fired. It's time for the organization to start striking back at these people.
Exactly.It's absolutely repulsive,as it affects someone's reputation,a honourable and great player, a long-serving captain who took this team on his back for so long,a class-act to boot, who did a lot for the city of Montreal,and some oldfart idiots still continue to consistently denigrate him for irrevelant reasons and demonstrate their dislike of him?Complete non sense,and Koivu doesn't deserve this unfair treatment.I know no one is immune to criticism,but it's enough.

Those clowns(not referring only to the bad apples at CKAC) have to be held accountable and should get fined because they're claiming derogatery comments in order to put down someone's reputation.The Montreal Canadiens organization should intervene and strike back at these people.Banning some of those bad apples from the Canadiens media circles would be a start.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 05-05-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Native

vCash: 605
This crazy talk is just so annoying. Those guys should try and use their heads for thinking instead of paperweights.

Everyone is accountable for their own actions.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
Between this and Gagnon people wonder why some people call the french media stupid.

I don't think they are all stupid.... but clearly Bergeron and Gagnon have no clue what they are talking about.
Although I don't agree with everything Gagnon says, I respect him much more than Bergeron. At least, he gets in the locker room and actually talks to the players. Bergeron is just there to bash players he don't like (mostly Koivu and Begin) and only start rumours based on his opinion.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
couris

I tought they admitted that Koivu gave it all but Kovalev dissapeared?

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

I sure hope Quebec City gets an NHL franchise again some day so that these politically obssesed yahoos(CKAC, Guy Bertrand, 110%) can have thier "Team Quebec" and leave the Habs alone.

Last edited by Claimed Off Waivers: 05-05-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I'm going to have to start kicking ass and taking names.
Lucky days, lucky days.

Fido22 Ma'am.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Once again, CKAC is blaming Koivu for the 2nd round exit. They basically say that Koivu is selfish for being mad that the organization gave the "C" to Kovy while he was injured. They also say that Koivu is the reason why Kovy didn't produce in the playoff, since Kovy didn't get the spotlight that he deserves. Michel Bergeron thinks that Koivu should quit the team and that he is a loser. I cannot stand them anymore. I respected Ron Fournier, but I cannot believe that he agrees with Bergeron. Koivu was by far our best player in the playoff (he got a point in all the games he played, 9 points in 7 games). If Koivu and Kovy can't be in the same team, Kovy is the one that have to leave (although I don't believe in this theory).
what the hell do they need???

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:44 PM
madbox

Was wondering when the jackasses would open their mouths again in regards to their assinine anti-Koivu agenda. Predictable and frigging sad. Koivu gave it his ALL out there back early from a foot injury, but... I guess he was just showing up the rest of the team.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
Was wondering when the jackasses would open their mouths again in regards to their assinine anti-Koivu agenda. Predictable and frigging sad. Koivu gave it his ALL out there back early from a foot injury, but... I guess he was just showing up the rest of the team.
It's particularly unreal seeing that he was the team's best player. Now he is responsible for other players not showing up.

They must laugh at this crap themselves. Nobody is that stupid.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I'm really glad I don't live in Quebec. I wouldn't want to be subjected to this tripe at every media outlet.

amen

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 03:59 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Koivu always get blame for every thing gone wrong in this ****ing town! The riot, taxe, winter, kovalev struggle, price struggle, gouvernement= its all saku fault!

JeromeHP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
tinyzombies

That's just assinine. Koivu was our best player on one foot. One of the few guys willing to go in the trenches.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Joe Cole

You know, I did not hear it with my own two ears.... but if that is what he said (and Fournier agreed) then it is confirmed, in my eyes, Michel Bergeron is only to be listened to when you need a "slap on the shoulder-make the boys laugh" joke or for old Phil Esposito as a GM stories.

Otherwise, who cares. His opinion counts for nothing and those who think his opinion means something, they count for less then nothing.

Done.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

Otherwise, who cares. His opinion counts for nothing and those who think his opinion means something, they count for less then nothing.

Done.
Exactly, he's a francophone Don Cherry with way less hockey knowledge.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Bermy

Koivu was our best player, I have no idea what they're smoking to think that he didn't show up

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Kachino
@kachino82

vCash: 50
CKAC Sport --> When the Habs win, everybody is God... When they lose, everybody can be scapegoats therefore the team have to be blown out and we need to trade everybody because they have no heart, they didn't try and didn't play. It's never a total team lost with them, they always have to point fingers. A couple of people I talk hockey with listens to them religiously and can regurgitates everything they say. These people seems like they can't make their own opinions just by watching the games.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
brownman*

Honestly though, how many times did Koivu knock defenders, that were 4" taller and 25 lbs heavier than him, off the puck? Every friggin' time he went in there. It's amazing to watch sometimes.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:33 PM
JackieChan

How come nobody's asking for a link, a proof...or a tape?

Maybe Bergeron and Ron Ron said those stupid comments, but they talk for hours on that show, they must have said something to back it up, or nuanced their opinions somehow.

It's funny how people on this board question and doubt only if what's being reported is contrary to their beliefs.

Deux poids, deux mesures....

And I add a big

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:33 PM
mtl_felix

Koivu was nothing short of amazing in the playoffs, clearly these guys are MORONS. (I'd bold that more, if it was possible)

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:38 PM
oli500

and they wonder why no free agents want to come to montreal. We finish first in the east and they are still pointing fingers and looking for a bad guy. I understand its frustrating that we did not win the stanley cup but man there was alot more positifs then negative this season. Why dont they give it a brake a litle while. There going to talk BS and contreversy all summer long. (when I say they I mean the media)

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I saw Saku Koivu punt a baby once.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
Between this and Gagnon people wonder why some people call the french media stupid.

I don't think they are all stupid.... but clearly Bergeron and Gagnon have no clue what they are talking about.
I don't want to defend them, since I have a hard time agreeing with what they're saying.

But basically all of them, with few exceptions, have plugs in the locker room with some players, and not only french ones. Some speak more than others and the guys reporting/distorting/whatever the information only give out a fraction of what they know.

Now, this means it not only goes through two biased sources but everyone interprets things their own way, which isn't always close to reality.

Personally, I take what they say with a grain of salt, but I don't agree with people who think they don't have a clue what's going on in the locker.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Vilgrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Maybe Bergeron and Ron Ron said those stupid comments, but they talk for hours on that show, they must have said something to back it up, or nuanced their opinions somehow.
ive heard a bit of it.
as usual, bergeron never has good reasons to say something. you would expect a guy that used to coach in the nhl to know the game. well. he doesnt. i think a good share on this board would do a better job than he does.
bergeron should be a golf analyst.

and villeneuve just likes to provoke things without bringing valid point.

ckac is more like a gossip station than a sport station if you ask me

Last edited by Vilgrain: 05-05-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Vilgrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Mathletic

this board is full of crybabies

mommy, they don't like Koivu

so ****ing what, if you like him, like him, if you don't like him, don't like him stop whinning about that crap every single year

they're paid to put on a show, if you're going to whine about everything they say don't listen to the show and turn on to some other channel. I don't even listen to CKAC but I'm sick and tired of the whinning.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
I saw Saku Koivu punt a baby once.
I think it was Bergeron's lovechild.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote