HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKAC Sports blames Koivu for playoff exit.

Old
05-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Some people in Mtl are just bitter, because now its boring time for sports until October.
There is only 1 reason why we lost to Philly..Goaltending. Anybody that saw Dallas-SJ game yesterday will know what i mean by that, THAT was solid goaltending.

We touched about 10000posts in this serie and our goalies were weak on most goals. If our shots that hit the posts go in, and Price plays like he did vs Boston, then we sweep Philly and those same people criticizing would be talking about beating Pittsburgh in 6.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Vilgrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
this board is full of crybabies

mommy, they don't like Koivu

so ****ing what, if you like him, like him, if you don't like him, don't like him stop whinning about that crap every single year

they're paid to put on a show, if you're going to whine about everything they say don't listen to the show and turn on to some other channel. I don't even listen to CKAC but I'm sick and tired of the whinning.
pardon me?

what are you whinning about?

Vilgrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Kovalev denies dressing room problems:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/251182.html

Durant son point de presse, Kovalev a dû répondre à une question portant sur ses relations avec Saku Koivu. Selon un quotidien montréalais, le vestiaire du Canadien serait devenu trop petit pour les deux vedettes de l'équipe.

"C'est une autre rumeur, a-t-il dit en rigolant. C'est quelqu'un qui cherche à allumer un incendie. Je me demande pourquoi."

Translation:

During his interview, Kovalev had to answer a question on his relationship with Saku Koivu. A Montreal newspaper reported that the Canadiens dressing room might be too small for the team's two stars.

"It's another rumour," he answered, chuckling. "It's someone looking to start a fire. I ask myself why."

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 06:48 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
this board is full of crybabies

mommy, they don't like Koivu

so ****ing what, if you like him, like him, if you don't like him, don't like him stop whinning about that crap every single year

they're paid to put on a show, if you're going to whine about everything they say don't listen to the show and turn on to some other channel. I don't even listen to CKAC but I'm sick and tired of the whinning.
I'm sick and tired of the CKAC and La presse crap.

We had an amazing season, above all expectations and they cant wait one ****ing day after the elimination of the team before they start pissing all over Koivu and Kovalev again. They are just a bunch of amateurs.... Next year if there are some idiots who riot again I'll be cool with it if they just keep it around those 2 places. A bunch of idiots auto canceling each other. Win win...

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Once again, CKAC is blaming Koivu for the 2nd round exit. They basically say that Koivu is selfish for being mad that the organization gave the "C" to Kovy while he was injured. They also say that Koivu is the reason why Kovy didn't produce in the playoff, since Kovy didn't get the spotlight that he deserves. Michel Bergeron thinks that Koivu should quit the team and that he is a loser. I cannot stand them anymore. I respected Ron Fournier, but I cannot believe that he agrees with Bergeron. Koivu was by far our best player in the playoff (he got a point in all the games he played, 9 points in 7 games). If Koivu and Kovy can't be in the same team, Kovy is the one that have to leave (although I don't believe in this theory).

LMAO

I guess it was Koivu's fault that Price gave up 1 or 2 weak goals a night.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 06:58 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
I actually live in the fear that one day he's going to get fed up with this **** and leave before he has the chance to hoist the Cup in Canadiens colours.
i agree with your statement, but I doubt Koivu even hears those comments, i doubt any of his friends are Jean Guy's feeding him the rumors. Briere on the other would of had to deal with those comments first hand.

jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 06:58 PM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...128/CPSPORTS01

LaPresse crap ? follow that link ; there are 11 journalists that are making their post season comments . No one is blaming your little hero . In reality , they are most of them , very positive about the season .

Curiosly , we don't read anything about their comments here .
Plus one.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:15 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Plus one.
I just read the article of Gagnon about the dressing room being too small . Nowhere he's bashing Koivu . He said that if the Habs would have to trade one of the 2 , Kovalev would be the best choice because of a better return ...Big deal !

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:23 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Once again, CKAC is blaming Koivu for the 2nd round exit. They basically say that Koivu is selfish for being mad that the organization gave the "C" to Kovy while he was injured. They also say that Koivu is the reason why Kovy didn't produce in the playoff, since Kovy didn't get the spotlight that he deserves. Michel Bergeron thinks that Koivu should quit the team and that he is a loser. I cannot stand them anymore. I respected Ron Fournier, but I cannot believe that he agrees with Bergeron. Koivu was by far our best player in the playoff (he got a point in all the games he played, 9 points in 7 games). If Koivu and Kovy can't be in the same team, Kovy is the one that have to leave (although I don't believe in this theory).
"CKAC" blames Koivu. CKAC is like 20 radio guys. Because you hear 2 of them saying that does not mean anything other than 2 guys discussing.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:24 PM
CanadienErrant*

Everything was just fine for 82 games between Saku and Kovy.

Kovy is right. There is no story here.

Keep Koivu on one line and Kovy on the other top lines and everything is cool.

Journalists just want to sell papers and air time again.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
"CKAC" blames Koivu. CKAC is like 20 radio guys. Because you hear 2 of them saying that does not mean anything other than 2 guys discussing.
Yeah, I mean, good point.

What do you have to say about that OP?

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

LaPresse crap ? follow that link ; there are 11 journalists that are making their post season comments . No one is blaming your little hero . In reality , they are most of them , very positive about the season .

I read those comments in La Presse. The broadcast media are far more incendiary than les journaux, and les ânes who bray on 110% are the worst of the worst. Even that old reprobate Réjean Tremblay has been won over by Alex Kovalev because of that player's kindness to unfortunate children.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:46 PM
NewHabsEra*

Bergeron saying Koivu is a loser??

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 07:54 PM
wedge

oh my god... I can't believe this...

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
I don't recall Bergeron winning any cups with either the Nordique or the Rangers.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
Between this and Gagnon people wonder why some people call the french media stupid.

I don't think they are all stupid.... but clearly Bergeron and Gagnon have no clue what they are talking about.

True. With so many journalists covering the Habs, you're bound to have really bad ones. The also have a lot of very good scribes covering them. It's all a question of who some people choose to waste their time listening to...

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I don't recall Bergeron winning any cups with either the Nordique or the Rangers.
To summarize,no one who hasn't even been in a Cup Final shouldn't talk.Bergeron saying that Koivu is a loser is sadly ironic.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MoonlightGraham

Quote:

+1.

Every time one french speaking sports personnality makes one comment people don't like, some people here assume every french speaking individual in Quebec agrees with him. The ridiculous overreactions and generalizations on this board are extremely tiring.

We're all Habs fans. We all want the team to win. Though not everyone can agree. Just chill out people. If you don't like what you read, then stop reading. Or listening.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:17 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
LOL The guy comes back and plays with a broken foot and somebody wants to blame him. Seriouly nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
My everlasting image of Bergeron is him trying to get something out of Sundin on the bench and Sundin sitting there smirking like I give a frosty whatever.

You have to earn the right to call a player or coach a loser and Bergeron most certainly has not done that

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-05-2008 at 08:38 PM.
JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
What's the expression in english? It takes one to recognize one....

I personnally don't understand the hatred towards Koivu for one reason. He may be one of the few that actually played great in these playoffs. And then the same people who bashes Koivu, in the same breath, keep saying how we have a good little team but for the regular season only, that there's no warriors on that team.....So to improve our team, you substract the only warrior we have???

It would really suck for Koivu to leave or be moved. He had to endure the bad lineups we had all these years and now that there's signs of life, you ship him elsewhere? Maybe if it was in a great place he wouldn't mind, let's say Minnesota.

But he's far from being the problem. The funniest thing is, I'm wondering how many years in a row now that they've been saying something along the lines of : "One of Kovy or Koivu will be gone before the start of next season". I'm pretty sure we heard that before...and still they're are still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
My everlasting image of Bergeron is him trying to get something out of Sundin on the bench and Sundin sitting there smirking like I give a frosty whatever.
Do you mean Pierre Pagé in the playoffs....wasn't Bergeron....

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-05-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:25 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
**** those CKAC ****ers.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
To summarize,no one who hasn't even been in a Cup Final shouldn't talk.Bergeron saying that Koivu is a loser is sadly ironic.
Honestly cup or no cup doesn't mean you're more and less intelligent....Guy Lafleur won tons of cups.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:29 PM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
**** those CKAC ****ers.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 08:58 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
+1.

Every time one french speaking sports personnality makes one comment people don't like, some people here assume every french speaking individual in Quebec agrees with him. The ridiculous overreactions and generalizations on this board are extremely tiring.

We're all Habs fans. We all want the team to win. Though not everyone can agree. Just chill out people. If you don't like what you read, then stop reading. Or listening.

Listen...François Gagnon used to be the best. But since the Kovalev story last season he's been on a vendetta against Kovalev. He wanted to trade him at the deadline for crying out loud. Now the season is barely over that he starts all over gain? C'est pas parceque' c'est d'la merde Québécoise que c'est pas d'la merde sacrament.

And *** is the thing about everyone thinking every Québécois agrees with what's in the media? Are you paranoid? If I say La Presse and CKAC are letting out crap it means I think all Québécois are like that? Give me a break...

If they can crap on Koivu and Kovalev why should they be immune to the same treatment? If you want to go soak in a pile of crap...then fine. But I wont.

If you never ask for accountability and professionalism you'll never get it.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
UFA's < French Media

Wonder why no one comes here via UFA? The French media is a mess and a joke.
Do those guys even understand what the french media is saying? I'm genuinely curious about this, why would the french media be a problem to people who's only phrase they can say is voulez-vous coucher avec moi.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote