HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are there any rules I have to follow in being a Habs fan?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2008, 11:14 PM
  #26
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 27,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
Four words:

Darcy Regier's talent purge.

In other words, kind of like what Bill Wirtz did to drive away Blackhawk fans in the 1990s.
Hardly the same magnitude. William Wirtz wanted the Hawks to fail because he was cheap, he FORBID games from being broadcast on TV unless picked up nationally which never happened.

Regier made some bad decisions. Hardly the same thing, and their roles are not even comparable, as one is GM and has no ownership stake and the other is the major shareholder and CFO.

Stay over here, though. Please

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 11:15 PM
  #27
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
Four words:

Darcy Regier's talent purge.

In other words, kind of like what Bill Wirtz did to drive away Blackhawk fans in the 1990s.
I'm thinking it is Quinn and ownership that is the problem in Buffalo, not Regier.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 11:15 PM
  #28
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Poutine
I have Spoken!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
it may be the first time and last time chezz, but i think tou has made a mistake
..
I'm Ice Poutine, Chezz is the guy with the furry forearms and unending libido.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 11:18 PM
  #29
Al Bundy*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Stay over here, though. Please
I appreciate the offer, but no thanks.

I've already made up my mind.

However, thank you for the offer.

I just hope I can move on gracefully and with dignity. I don't want to get into a flame-war.

Al Bundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 11:19 PM
  #30
The n00b King ©*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
- Be arrogant
- Be classless and troll to piss off other teams fans
- Be gutless
- Burn down police cars
- Eat babies
Sah-weet. I fit right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Oh God, what have I done?!?

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 11:27 PM
  #31
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 27,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I'm thinking it is Quinn and ownership that is the problem in Buffalo, not Regier.
You're absolutely right. As recently as a few weeks ago, we've seen/heard rumblings that Regier is a bit fed up with the "make money but don't spend money to do so" mindset that Quinn holds.

Darcy is a good GM up to this point, but this offseason will be very critical in my overall assessment of him. It'll be a tell as to how he deals with adversity and ****** financial situations.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 11:31 PM
  #32
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I'm Ice Poutine, Chezz is the guy with the furry forearms and unending libido.
right sorry

do not whip me please!!!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 11:44 PM
  #33
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Remember theres always 1 player to blame. Last year was Kovy, few years b4 was Breezer, this year was Ryder. And remember that Kovy for Tanguay WON'T happen. Also remember that we are the only franchise with incredible never before seen 100% original franchise talented prospects that no one else has Remember to gloat and brag about these prospects as if they were Tavares, Crosby, Malkin, and Toews in Hamilton

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 11:47 PM
  #34
Garo
Registered User
 
Garo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montréal
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
1. Cheer for the Habs.

2. Laugh at Leafs fans.

3. Laugh at Sens fans.

4. Laugh at Bruins fans.
1st and 4th sound good, but I'll move up the 3rd one spot.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 05:59 AM
  #35
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan1990 View Post
LMAO!, Why do you call your sister Lapierre?
Maybe because she talks a whole lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
5 - Winter is a beautiful season that can be put in two simple words for a Habs fan: Canadiens and beer. (or is it beer 1st... and Habs 2nd..?)
Come on IP, you know as well as I do that it's Habs first. The NHL have a table showning the order of these things and it clearly states that the Habs come first. Link.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:40 AM
  #36
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
Now that I have joined the fans of les Canadiens du Montreal,

are there any rules/commandments of being a Montreal fan you have to follow?

Like, "Never cheer for the Leafs regardless of who they are playing?"
Here are the ten commandments:

10) You don't only hate the Leafs but you must disparage the city and the zombies living there. If you can you must pray for the ten plagues to strike that burb.

9) Ditto for the Bruins but with Boston you actually get to laugh at them every playoff season. Unlike Toronto they make the playoffs every once in awhile and when they do they lose to the Habs.

8) Every year you must pick a scapegoat on the team and tear him apart mercilessly. Here you're given free reins. You can go from doubting the player's manhood to speculating about their choice of mind numbing drug. It used to be Brisebois, then Rivet, this year it was Ryder. Next year, it's up in the air.

7) Every Habs fan must go on a hockey site at least once every two days and sing the praises of one our 5th or 6th round prospects. But not just sing you must holler.You must admit to no weakness in his game and you must compare him to the other team's 1st and 2nd round players.Of course, the Habs prospect is way better.

6) And when you've done that, you must make trades that would astound the hockey world. Well, trades like Brisebois, Dandenault and Boullion for Phaneuf and Crosby. Don't worry about the logistics. The other teams will sort it out.

5) You must learn to distinguish between Francophones and Anglophones and Allophones on the team and when you've done that, depending on which side of the linguistic line you fall, you must complain that there are too many of one and not enough of the other and that's why we haven't won the Cup.

4) You must practice your manic depressive moods. This summer take every even day and imagine the Habs winning the cup in 16 games straight. Then go out in the street honking and yelling and making yourself a regular pain in the wazou. Then take the odd days and imagine us finishing in last place overall and then go out bytching at the world.

3) You must learn to at Gainey, Carbonneau or anyone else that dares to take control of this team.

2) You learn to say that Timmons is a god.

1) And you must practice your Moltov cocktail tosses through cop cars open windows.

Hope that helps. welcome to the insane asylum.

Oh yes, forgot

0) You must be willing to have wanton homosexual sex with any hab player.


Last edited by onice: 05-06-2008 at 07:52 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:27 AM
  #37
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Here are the ten commandments:

10) You don't only hate the Leafs but you must disparage the city and the zombies living there. If you can you must pray for the ten plagues to strike that burb.

9) Ditto for the Bruins but with Boston you actually get to laugh at them every playoff season. Unlike Toronto they make the playoffs every once in awhile and when they do they lose to the Habs.

8) Every year you must pick a scapegoat on the team and tear him apart mercilessly. Here you're given free reins. You can go from doubting the player's manhood to speculating about their choice of mind numbing drug. It used to be Brisebois, then Rivet, this year it was Ryder. Next year, it's up in the air.

7) Every Habs fan must go on a hockey site at least once every two days and sing the praises of one our 5th or 6th round prospects. But not just sing you must holler.You must admit to no weakness in his game and you must compare him to the other team's 1st and 2nd round players.Of course, the Habs prospect is way better.

6) And when you've done that, you must make trades that would astound the hockey world. Well, trades like Brisebois, Dandenault and Boullion for Phaneuf and Crosby. Don't worry about the logistics. The other teams will sort it out.

5) You must learn to distinguish between Francophones and Anglophones and Allophones on the team and when you've done that, depending on which side of the linguistic line you fall, you must complain that there are too many of one and not enough of the other and that's why we haven't won the Cup.

4) You must practice your manic depressive moods. This summer take every even day and imagine the Habs winning the cup in 16 games straight. Then go out in the street honking and yelling and making yourself a regular pain in the wazou. Then take the odd days and imagine us finishing in last place overall and then go out bytching at the world.

3) You must learn to at Gainey, Carbonneau or anyone else that dares to take control of this team.

2) You learn to say that Timmons is a god.

1) And you must practice your Moltov cocktail tosses through cop cars open windows.

Hope that helps. welcome to the insane asylum.

Oh yes, forgot

0) You must be willing to have wanton homosexual sex with any hab player.
o_O

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:29 AM
  #38
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Oh yes, forgot

0) You must be willing to have wanton homosexual sex with any hab player.
Hmmm... i guess i'm not a fan then.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:31 AM
  #39
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,643
vCash: 500
We are the best team in the league when we win and the worse team in the league when we lose.

Gainey is a genius when we win and terrible when we terrible.

Carbo is a great coach when we win and an idiot when we lose.

I'm sure you see the pattern...

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:11 PM
  #40
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Hmmm... i guess i'm not a fan then.
I guess you never saw Deliverance.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:21 PM
  #41
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
I like Onice's list but nobody should have to have sex, wanton or otherwise with Hamrlik. His name itself is off putting to the homophobic.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:38 PM
  #42
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I like Onice's list but nobody should have to have sex, wanton or otherwise with Hamrlik. His name itself is off putting to the homophobic.
What if you're a girl and one time he made eye-contact with you when your friend scored platinum seats at a hockey game?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
  #43
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I like Onice's list but nobody should have to have sex, wanton or otherwise with Hamrlik. His name itself is off putting to the homophobic.
I'll have trouble saying his name out loud from now on

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:48 PM
  #44
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
What if you're a girl and one time he made eye-contact with you when your friend scored platinum seats at a hockey game?
Wow, it just so happens that I am, or at least I am trapped in a man's body. [well sort of a man's body].

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 02:56 PM
  #45
Laszlo Panaflex
Registered User
 
Laszlo Panaflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,312
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=HarryI;14015817]- Be arrogant
- Be classless and troll to piss off other teams fans
- Be gutless
- Burn down police cars
- Eat babies

Didn't know about the last one, but the first four are definitely true of Hab Fans

Laszlo Panaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 02:56 PM
  #46
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
you should definitively always keep a picture like this in your fav link to post them in good situations


Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 02:58 PM
  #47
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=SensFan82;14021384]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
- Be arrogant
- Be classless and troll to piss off other teams fans
- Be gutless
- Burn down police cars
- Eat babies

Didn't know about the last one, but the first four are definitely true of Hab Fans
Our mistake, that last one is true of Sens fans. HarryI was just a little confused...
Now GTFO

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:11 PM
  #48
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Heres one.... don't start a new thread if one on the topic already exists....

(I don't think you've broken this one... but it annoys me when others do.)

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:37 PM
  #49
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,755
vCash: 500
Join the fun, be an...






SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:13 PM
  #50
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
No jockeys

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.