HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danick Paquette in this years draft

Old
05-06-2008, 09:03 AM
GeneralMarky79

vCash: 500
Danick Paquette in this years draft

I was just reading an article on this kid on NHL.com
He was 17 and scored 30 goals and amassed 200 and something penalty minutes. They say he isnt the greatest skater but he works hard. He loves to hit and fight and off the ice he gives to the community and is a gentlemen.(Much like Komi) Im not too sold on latendresse although I know he is still young. Just imagine a line with pacioretty-chips-paquette? WOW. I dunno if Timmins is looking at this kid or not but he sure looks good and will probably play in the Q for 2 more years. I know he is french-canadien bla bla bla but I think he would fit in with our team really well especially the way we are going with the youth.

Here is the article if anyone wishes to check it out.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...eid=362318:yo:

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 09:09 AM
GeneralMarky79

sorry guys wrong link

here it is http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=362318

Old
05-06-2008, 09:15 AM
CenterHice

He sounds good.
Hopefully, Pacioretty will be playing on one of the top lines.
But Stewart-Chips-Paquette could be nice at some point. Scoring and toughness.

CenterHice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 09:28 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacioretty77 View Post
He was 17 and scored 30 goals and amassed 200 and something penalty minutes. They say he isnt the greatest skater but he works hard. He loves to hit and fight and off the ice he gives to the community and is a gentlemen.(Much like Komi) Im not too sold on latendresse although I know he is still young. Just imagine a line with pacioretty-chips-paquette? WOW. I dunno if Timmins is looking at this kid or not but he sure looks good and will probably play in the Q for 2 more years. I know he is french-canadien bla bla bla but I think he would fit in with our team really well especially the way we are going with the youth.

13 assits to go with 29 goals in the "Q" isn't that great, sounds like a Latrendresse clone but worse...no thanks.

I hope if Jared Staal slips to the 2nd round and to Montreal's pick that they take him.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 09:39 AM
habs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
13 assits to go with 29 goals in the "Q" isn't that great, sounds like a Latrendresse clone but worse...no thanks.

I hope if Jared Staal slips to the 2nd round and to Montreal's pick that they take him.
Seen this kid play a couple times this year. Loves to get under opponents skin. LOVES to hit and fight and can play. Skating isn't great but with some work it would be fine. Unlike Lats this kids loves to throw the body around and fight.

habs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 09:44 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs24 View Post
Seen this kid play a couple times this year. Loves to get under opponents skin. LOVES to hit and fight and can play. Skating isn't great but with some work it would be fine. Unlike Lats this kids loves to throw the body around and fight.
wasnt lucic's problem his skating ability as well?
(im just thinking out loud so to speak)
i didnt see lucic play for the giants unless he was with them when they played the blades when i lived in saskatoon, but that was years ago (back in the wacey rabbit, mike green and devon setogucchi days for the blades).

on a completely unrelated note.. i keep reading this kids name as danika patrick. i probably need more sleep :|

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 09:58 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Sounds interesting.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Ledevin

Quote:

He's nothing like Latendresse lol. He's more like Neil/Avery/Carcillo and other SOBs.

Ledevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledevin View Post
He's nothing like Latendresse lol. He's more like Neil/Avery/Carcillo and other SOBs.
Absolutely. Thing is I really have no idea what to make of him. Chances are we pick him, I'll be glad 'cause I'll focus on the good things about his game. We don't, I won't mind 'cause I'll focus on the bad....

He won't be able to play an enforcer role in the NHL that's for sure, but will be able to dance with the guys you mentioned that's for sure. Thing is......if he can catch them 'cause he's nowhere right now to have the skating that the guys you mentioned have.

But everything can be improved I hope. I would actually prefer to see Ian Schultz being picked than him. But wouldn't mind seeing him either.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:37 AM
GeneralMarky79

I hope if Jared Staal slips to the 2nd round and to Montreal's pick that they take him

okay dude you realize he is a goal scorer not a set up man and that he is only 17? your hilarious. what are you gonna say if he scored 40 goals next year and he is drafted by toronto. he will be your favorite player.

Old
05-06-2008, 10:37 AM
GNick42

Quote:

Definitely not in the first round but if he is there in the second or third he may be a good choice. According to how the draft goes...I just see a Deschamps, Toews or Sauve much better choice than Paquette

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:45 AM
mcphee

I'd heard some media people talk about this guy and inquired about him on the stickied thread at the top of the page. It seems that the consensus was that he didn't have the talent to be a high pick but could be a nice project. I've never seen him play, but from what I heard from Flynn, and Leroux [?], they were projecting a Chris Neill type.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:48 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:

I hope if Jared Staal slips to the 2nd round and to Montreal's pick that they take him

okay dude you realize he is a goal scorer not a set up man and that he is only 17? your hilarious. what are you gonna say if he scored 40 goals next year and he is drafted by toronto. he will be your favorite player.
I'm also saying 29 goals in the "Q" doesn't translate into a goal scorer, the weakest of all development leagues.

Plus, sorry but I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon for a marginal player with a mean streak...can't wait to see you 16th post!

Old
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Fozz

Quote:
I'm also saying 29 goals in the "Q" doesn't translate into a goal scorer, the weakest of all development leagues.

Plus, sorry but I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon for a marginal player with a mean streak...can't wait to see you 16th post!
Of course it doesn't and I don't think anyone drafting Paquette would expect him to be a goal scorer in the NHL. What it does show is that, when given the chance, he can bury them. Which is more than you can say about most tough guys.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:52 AM
GeneralMarky79

Yah man Im just saying he would look like a good 2nd or 3rd round pick. not saying he will be and NHL star. Id like to see him with a guy like chips on the 3rd line. Lets just wait and see what timmins has up his sleeve and talk about it after if we take him.

Old
05-06-2008, 10:58 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Can't go wrong with those type of players. The only thing is sure we can compare him to the Avery's and Carcillo's of the league since they have similar games, but Avery and Carcillo had better numbers in the juniors. So it's nice to have a pest, but not one that doesn't contribute from time to time.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 10:58 AM
GeneralMarky79

Also I am from moncton and saw Steve Bernier play for the wildcats for 3 years. Although I haven't seen Paquette play Bernier had similar numbers when he was 17 and went on to score 52 goals and had 100+ PIMS as a 19 year old. Paquette is also tougher than Bernier from what I am reading in the article. Anyway I just wanted to see what people thought thats all wasn't trying to say he was a future star or anything.

Old
05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Yah man Im just saying he would look like a good 2nd or 3rd round pick. not saying he will be and NHL star. Id like to see him with a guy like chips on the 3rd line. Lets just wait and see what timmins has up his sleeve and talk about it after if we take him.
If Timmins takes him there is something to him then, but I think people put prospects too high on a pedal stool before the draft...especially one's so low down the list.

Old
05-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Mustafa*

I heard Stéphane Leroux saying that the Canadiens were realy interrested in this dude. He said that about a few weeks ago.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Kaptain Bégin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I heard Stéphane Leroux saying that the Canadiens were realy interrested in this dude. He said that about a few weeks ago.
Heard it too. Leroux isn't a great reference, but he can talk with Timmins... From what I hear from him, I really think he get a great chance to make it. For this kind of guys, attitude his the most important things. He can work on his skating and become a good pick on 2nd half of 2nd round or 3rd round.

Kaptain Bégin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Sounds like Lucic.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:02 PM
habslife

You should go on you tube and see some of his fights. He is a tough kid.

habslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeem_...eature=related

Watch this! I want this kid with us!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
If Timmins takes him there is something to him then, but I think people put prospects too high on a pedal stool before the draft...especially one's so low down the list.
You do realize you haven't really added anything to the discussion...just being negative for the sake of being negative. The OP is talking about drafting a physical player with some offensive upside for the 3rd line. What's the big deal?

And yeah, Paquette would look great with us.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habslife View Post
You should go on you tube and see some of his fights. He is a tough kid.
At 6'0'' 204, if he doesn't grow up that much, he won't be as impressive to the rest of the NHL'ers than the guys in the Q and lower leagues....

He wouldn't be a bad pick but I'm not as ecstatic. Would wait till the 3rd round.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote