HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouwmeester contract talk

Old
05-01-2008, 05:17 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
From fans perspective what do you want to see more.

a) J Bo signed to a long term (5-8 years) contract worth around 6.5-7 million per year
b) An offer sheet and four 1st rounders in compensation
c) A trade where you land a #1 dman, young but still a veteran and a couple impact roster players

Im an Edmonton fan and it's no secret we want to do a Pitkanen+ for J Bo but it's not going to happen unless FLA wants it. In Edmonton we have not been good since the 06 run and in Edmonton you can't go into multi year stretches with no playoffs because you get fired and the city goes nuts. So if I was in the position you were in I would first want to sign J Bo to a long contract but if not I would want to bring in a replacement and then some extras.

Thoughts?
There is my answer.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:

a) J Bo signed to a long term (5-8 years) contract worth around 6.5-7 million per year
c) A trade where you land a #1 dman, young but still a veteran and a couple impact roster players

Im an Edmonton fan and it's no secret we want to do a Pitkanen+ for J Bo but it's not going to happen unless FLA wants it. In Edmonton we have not been good since the 06 run and in Edmonton you can't go into multi year stretches with no playoffs because you get fired and the city goes nuts. So if I was in the position you were in I would first want to sign J Bo to a long contract but if not I would want to bring in a replacement and then some extras.

Thoughts?
Kevin Lowe has been around a long time for being mostly unsuccessful save that one playoff run. I don't know about the new owner, but under the previous owners (the 37 dudes that saved the team a while back) IMO they were too cheap to fire coaches constantly in Edmonton.

Try to sign Bouwmeester first, if that doesn't work, look to trade.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 07:38 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
I have said many times that edmonton is the logical trade partner but you would be crazy to think, unless keenan takes control of the team, that we would trade Bouw for Pitkannen. In any kind of trade for a potential norris trophy winner, you would have to start with Hemsky, maybe Pitkannen, but probably Gilbert instead, and Stoll. you would get Bouw and two other less impact players. If you want a number one d man you can't expect not to give up Hemsky. That's like us asking for Hemsky and offering Olesz, who is right now a solid third or second line player but not Hemsky.
Chris Pronger to Edmonton for Eric Brewer, Jeff Woywitka and Doug Lynch (similar situation, RFA etc...) but thats a one off. And your comparison of Hemsky for Olezs is way off. Bouwmeester is great but Pitkanen is great too. They're closer then you think but I agree J Bo is better and thats why I offered Pitkanen ++.

Regardless, neither of us are GMs, we're just arguing the value of players.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:

Thoughts?
Of course A), I don't think you'll find too many Panthers fans who wouldn't choose A). Though there's one guy here who'd trade Bouw for Staios and a 6th rounder.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
There is my answer.
I almost agree. I would do 6.5 a year for 10years for Bouwmeester. He would not pass that up and we would have our best player(Yes, he has the most influence in games because of all the ice time he gets. IMO he is our best all-around player) locked up for a decade. Doing a long term deal like this would also help in attracting FA's to this team, which is something we have really lacked in the past with acception of a couple of players. They would say, "wow, a 10year contract. They are committed to winning, thats where I want to be" or at least I hope thats how they think.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

Deleted a bunch of posts...please read the thread title and don't post fantasy trade proposals here. We have a stickied thread for that. Not everyone here wants to read them in every discussion of our players.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:44 AM
harv3317

i would go 6 mill. that's a fair offer long term.

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Kaktus*

So any news? What is he looking to make?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Chris Pronger to Edmonton for Eric Brewer, Jeff Woywitka and Doug Lynch (similar situation, RFA etc...) but thats a one off. And your comparison of Hemsky for Olezs is way off. Bouwmeester is great but Pitkanen is great too. They're closer then you think but I agree J Bo is better and thats why I offered Pitkanen ++.

Regardless, neither of us are GMs, we're just arguing the value of players.
Sorry, but Pitkanan is not great. Why is it that all of these "great" players Edmonton has are being shopped by every fan every chance they get? It's because they're highly overrated and not nearly what they are made out to be.

I wouldn't trade Bouwmeester for 2 Pitkanens.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 04:22 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
i would go 6 mill. that's a fair offer long term.
Id do 7-8 mil. This team would be a bigger mess without him. Just pay the guy. Jeez.

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2008, 05:07 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I almost agree. I would do 6.5 a year for 10years for Bouwmeester. He would not pass that up and we would have our best player(Yes, he has the most influence in games because of all the ice time he gets. IMO he is our best all-around player) locked up for a decade. Doing a long term deal like this would also help in attracting FA's to this team, which is something we have really lacked in the past with acception of a couple of players. They would say, "wow, a 10year contract. They are committed to winning, thats where I want to be" or at least I hope thats how they think.
I seriously doubt he and his agent would want him to be locked up for 10 yrs. Because then they are giving up so many UFA years where his salary could be even higher than that. I think they would agree to 5 at most so he's only losing 4 of those UFA yrs. That would put him around 30 yrs old when that contract expired and then he could easily command $10M per yr if things go the way he and his agent expect it (which I do as well). You can see how the only guys signing 10+ yr contracts are getting almost max level deals right now (except for Dipietro, which he should kill his agent). That's why Bouwmeester would absofrickenlutely pass that up.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 11:43 AM
LimpDave

Why is Pitkanen in all these trade proposals?

Because we don't have a lot of room for him!

Boumeester is a Canadian kid, and that already puts his value ahead of Pits, however i truly believe that Edmonton would trade Pits, Stoll, and Anahiems first for Boumeester. We would have to trade Smid or Greene in the process, but i believe it would be a good move for both teams

If Florida can't or won't sign Jay Boumeester long term at fair value (5-6 million or more) than i believe a trade with Edmonton would make some sense if they could aquire enough help at other positions with the trade.

LimpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 11:51 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

I think when all is said and done, Bouw will be signed long term and remain a Panther. He and everyone knows he is the backbone and a vital part of our young team. This team is right on the verge of getting over that hump that we can never get over. Bouw is too valuable to this team, I think he stays.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpDave View Post
Why is Pitkanen in all these trade proposals?

Because we don't have a lot of room for him!

Boumeester is a Canadian kid, and that already puts his value ahead of Pits, however i truly believe that Edmonton would trade Pits, Stoll, and Anahiems first for Boumeester. We would have to trade Smid or Greene in the process, but i believe it would be a good move for both teams

If Florida can't or won't sign Jay Boumeester long term at fair value (5-6 million or more) than i believe a trade with Edmonton would make some sense if they could aquire enough help at other positions with the trade.
I'm sure Edmonton would trade that for Bouw, but I'm also equally sure Martin would be quick to say "no thanks!"

A player's nationality has little to do with their trade value, whether the team itself is located in Canada or not. Also, saying you have little room for Pitkanen as the reason why he can be traded does extremely little for his trade value. Pretty much does the opposite.