HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKAC Sports blames Koivu for playoff exit.

Old
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
I'm not saying the information or opinions are unbiased. I think it's mostly distorted, but wouldn't you agree naming the source of information would be a bad idea for both them? The reason they do have those sources is precisely because they don't go on record.

Say Latendresse or Ryder is the one who told Gagnon how he thinks Koivu is a poor leader. Gagnon goes public with it, don't you see how this would be bad for everyone?
I hear you but, seriously... if someone is off the record, then you still have to confirm it with someone else, or else it is just BS.

If the player would said it won't go on record and out in the open, then what does it say about him? Man up, or shut up.

Seriously, that type of back stabbing and repeating of rumours disguised as fact is like grade school and I am sick of it.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I have it. I also have the book he wrote about opponents of Ali, 'Facing Ali'.

I like how he took an interesting angle on Orr. It wasn't set in Boston, where Orr's obviously a hero, just a perspective on how no one really knows much about Orr, how he's manged his public image. He did it without making it a hatchet job.

I too have both books, and I really preferred Facing Ali. I could not put that one down, the Orr book... good but did not hold my interest as much.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Just listening to CKAC and Tremblay and Villeneuve praised the Hell out of Koivu. They said "say what you will about Saku, he showed up in the playoffs, he shines in those type of situations, this type of hockey, getting your nose dirty. We need more players like him".

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:08 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Just listening to CKAC and Tremblay and Villeneuve praised the Hell out of Koivu. They said "say what you will about Saku, he showed up in the playoffs, he shines in those type of situations, this type of hockey, getting your nose dirty. We need more players like him".

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:11 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Which Tremblay is that ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Which Tremblay is that ?
Réjean Tremblay

Old
05-06-2008, 07:30 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Réjean Tremblay
I was Chicoutimi 2 weeks ago, sitting in a lobby at Alcan, it was an office of, I don't know, 400-500 people, at most. I asked my friend to guess how many Tremblay's, it ended up at 3 pages in their directory.

Old
05-06-2008, 07:32 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
“Koivu is to blame” - That’s one hell of a detailed post mortem by CKAC and Bergeron.

How hard would it have been to come up with a plausible and meaningful evaluation of the team’s shortcomings? Need more size, some forwards were reluctant to pay the price in front of the net, the key guys on defense didn’t step up, goaltending was sub par in the 2nd round etc… etc… etc… At a minimum these guys are lazy and unimaginative.
That would involve using dormant parts of their brains.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:57 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
That would involve using dormant parts of their brains.
Michel Bergeron and brains in the same sentence without the word ''not'' is...

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Michel Bergeron and brains in the same sentence without the word ''not'' is...
Michel Bergeron is such an imbecile he would have Koivu challenge a polar bear to a wrestling match in Hudson Bay to prove his value. If Koivu declined, Bergeron would accuse him of being gutless.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 09:36 PM
redmachine54

This is simply routine by now; I was actually quite surprised it took so long for him to get blamed for something.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I hear you but, seriously... if someone is off the record, then you still have to confirm it with someone else, or else it is just BS.

If the player would said it won't go on record and out in the open, then what does it say about him? Man up, or shut up.

Seriously, that type of back stabbing and repeating of rumours disguised as fact is like grade school and I am sick of it.
I don't think Ryder would confide things like that to a worm like Gagnon. I presume Latendresse has a good deal of respect for Koivu. So I'd rule them out. Maybe he heard it from Ribeiro. They had a relationship so close that one's nose hairs met the other's butt hairs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 02:05 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
I was Chicoutimi 2 weeks ago, sitting in a lobby at Alcan, it was an office of, I don't know, 400-500 people, at most. I asked my friend to guess how many Tremblay's, it ended up at 3 pages in their directory.
That's what happens when there's a lot of brothers and sisters and too much times on their hands.

Old
05-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
That's what happens when there's a lot of brothers and sisters and too much times on their hands.
Tremblay must definitely be inbred if he's praising Koivu.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 08:34 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Tremblay must definitely be inbred if he's praising Koivu.
The inbred aren't so bad, so says the man living in a county that's 48% McDonnell or MacDonald.

Old
05-07-2008, 09:15 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
CKAC lost all it's credibility when they changed to CKAC Sports.
CKAC lost all credibility the minute they... oh **** they HAD CREDIBILITY BEFORE!?!?

hahaha

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Haddock

Gotta love the great work mods do here on the HF Habs board.

One person comes in and makes an empty claim about one of the old folks at CKAC at of course it ends up being "CKAC Sport blames Saku". Yeah. Ok. Then of course everyone that has already an axe to grind with something or someone on that station comes over and dumps on them without actually giving a flying hoot if things were really said or if the generalization is a little tiny bit overboard. And we let it keep going. Guys like Fournier, Bergeron, Stock, Todd, Blanchard, ect have all proven that they're idiots. No need to take their employers down with them everytime you disagree with them.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:33 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post

One person comes in and makes an empty claim about one of the old folks at CKAC at of course it ends up being "CKAC Sport blames Saku". Yeah. Ok. Then of course everyone that has already an axe to grind with something or someone on that station comes over and dumps on them without actually giving a flying hoot if things were really said or if the generalization is a little tiny bit overboard. And we let it keep going. Guys like Fournier, Bergeron, Stock, Todd, Blanchard, ect have all proven that they're idiots. No need to take their employers down with them everytime you disagree with them.
I've always blamed the Gazette for Todd.

btw, I can't say that I've ever read Blanchard's column, is he the ex lacrosse player ?

Old
05-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Once again, CKAC is blaming Koivu for the 2nd round exit. They basically say that Koivu is selfish for being mad that the organization gave the "C" to Kovy while he was injured. They also say that Koivu is the reason why Kovy didn't produce in the playoff, since Kovy didn't get the spotlight that he deserves. Michel Bergeron thinks that Koivu should quit the team and that he is a loser. I cannot stand them anymore. I respected Ron Fournier, but I cannot believe that he agrees with Bergeron. Koivu was by far our best player in the playoff (he got a point in all the games he played, 9 points in 7 games). If Koivu and Kovy can't be in the same team, Kovy is the one that have to leave (although I don't believe in this theory).

CKAC obviously doesn't have a clue if they would write this kind of garbage. Koivu provided a spark that the Habs needed in order to beat Boston. He also scored 9 points in 7 games.
Kovalev didn't play awesome, but he didn't play awful either. The Bruins and Flyers targetted him and effectively shut him down...nothing more than that. You can't blame Koivu for that and you can't really even blame Kovalev for that either. It happens to the best of them. Jagr has been shutdown in the playoffs a number of times but still ends up scoring points and being a good player.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:38 AM
habfan4

Quote:

Heaven forefend the sometimes poisonous Montréal media (Note I did not say FRENCH media) be criticized for the comments of their employees.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Haddock

Quote:
I've always blamed the Gazette for Todd.

btw, I can't say that I've ever read Blanchard's column, is he the ex lacrosse player ?
The only people I blame for Todd is Immigration Canada.

Blanchard is the head of the sports section at La Presse. He comes out once in a while, the playoffs for example, to write about the team. Problem is, he's nothing but an old whiner now and Bob Dugay is not alive anymore to make him sound like less of a dick. Not sure if he ever played Lacrosse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Heaven forefend the sometimes poisonous Montréal media (Note I did not say FRENCH media) be criticized for the comments of their employees.
As long as said employees don't act in a way that is prejudicial to someone or a group of people à la Cherry, then I don't think blaming the whole station is relevant, no.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:48 AM
habfan4

Quote:
As long as said employees doesn't act in a way that is prejudicial to someone or a group of people à la Cherry, then I don't think blaming the whole station is relevant, no.
You think it's a coincidence that the same shows and the same media personalities are always being criticized? If the TV stations, radio stations and the print media want to play the ratings game by having halfwits make inflammatory comments then they have to accept the heat for making that choice.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:59 AM
mcphee

Quote:
The only people I blame for Todd is Immigration Canada.

Blanchard is the head of the sports section at La Presse. He comes out once in a while, the playoffs for example, to write about the team. Problem is, he's nothing but an old whiner now and Bob Dugay is not alive anymore to make him sound like less of a dick. Not sure if he ever played Lacrosse...

As long as said employees don't act in a way that is prejudicial to someone or a group of people à la Cherry, then I don't think blaming the whole station is relevant, no.
I remember a story about a writer who covered the Expos, who manged to piss off a player. The player wanted to start something with the writer, I remeber either Melnick or Elliott Price warning the guy that it would be a mistake, the writer played professional lacrosse, and had a rep as a tough guy. The player didn't listen and things didn't go well for him. I always thought it was a guy named Blanchard, but I'm not sure.

I know what you mean. I see comments here all the time, Marinaro[or Stock] has managed to annoy someone, so the Team has no credibility. I dunno, I think it's a pretty good sports station. It could be better, but frankly, me not liking someone doesn't mean they're wrong.

Old
05-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
You think it's a coincidence that the same shows and the same media personalities are always being criticized? If the TV stations, radio stations and the print media want to play the ratings game by having halfwits make inflammatory comments then they have to accept the heat for making that choice.
Right. The problem for me is that one or two commentators go way too far, but it becomes "CKAC says...", usually followed by "The french media says...", tarring everyone with the same brush. Most people here need a translation from the french, yet they are experts as to what is discussed in the francophone media.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
What rule was broken again?? I don't see what you are criticizing the mods for?

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote