HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JR Cross Checked

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2004, 10:49 PM
capn89*

vCash: 500
JR Cross Checked

Any word on his condition? I heard on Comcast Sports Net that he was cross checked right after the game winner was scored and he couldn't breathe for a few minutes...

Old
05-20-2004, 11:19 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Any word on his condition? I heard on Comcast Sports Net that he was cross checked right after the game winner was scored and he couldn't breathe for a few minutes...
thanks for the report...i didnt hear anything on it, didn't watch comcast but watched nhl2night afterwards, which was sweet watching melrose do a complete 180 and suck up for the flyers.

i think JR has already proven that he's half bionic--what bugs me is that he's gonna play in the world cup, the guy just needs some time to heal, every part of him has been injured in the past three months.

Old
05-20-2004, 11:46 PM
DeleteThisAccount

He might have a bruise or something but he's fine. He talked to the media post-game and obviously looks like a banged up guy, but I don't think there's anything standing out from tonight.

Old
05-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Hockeyfan02

If you watch TSNs highlight on their website you can see it after the goal was scored. Didnt look like it would do that much damage, looked more like a shove but it might have hit him in a bad spot.

Old
05-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
If you watch TSNs highlight on their website you can see it after the goal was scored. Didnt look like it would do that much damage, looked more like a shove but it might have hit him in a bad spot.
Well that might be the case if he were healthy, but ESPN said that he was playing with his 19th concussion and he also has a rib or shoulder injury or something of that sort. The guys a warrior in the truest sense of the word, his toughness is unmatched.

Old
05-21-2004, 02:14 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
Yeah, it wasn't extremely out of the ordinary, for the strength of cross checks guys throw, but I think it got him in the ribs a bit because normally a guy cross checked from behind has his arms down and gets it in the back and shoulder, but he was celebrating the goal and had his arms raised, which means if it wasn't perfectly square it could have caught him funny.

Old
05-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Teezax

Roenick just looks so tired out there, that 2 on 1 he had would have been a goal on any other night, but he tried his patented deke for some odd reason and you could see he just ran out of self confidence. But give him credit, the whole line gave him a second and thrid wind. Get some rest JR, we'll need you on Saturday!

Closed Thread