HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is there any way we can get Cherepanov over here for next season?

Old
05-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Cherepanisimov

vCash: 500
Is there any way we can get Cherepanov over here for next season?

I know bardin and sather had a meeting and he said cherry was staying in russia for next season, but if guys like jagr, shanny, and straka retire will sather be forced to push for him to come over, or is it official that he's playing for omsk?

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:33 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

As far as we heard, yes, he'll be in Russia next year. Unless some deal goes down where there's an exchange of Jagr for Cherepanov (and even then we don't know) then he won't be here next year. I'd like to see Jagr here for two more years and Cherepanov play a season with him, but I guess we'll see soon.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:35 PM
hlundqvist30*

nope

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:38 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
I know bardin and sather had a meeting and he said cherry was staying in russia for next season, but if guys like jagr, shanny, and straka retire will sather be forced to push for him to come over, or is it official that he's playing for omsk?
The only way Cherepanov comes here is if Bardin releases him from his contract. The rangers cant buy him out or pay Omsk a transfer fee because the CBA forbids it. And players cant give 2 weeks notice Malkin style and simply leave anymore because Russian labor laws have been amended since then.

I really just see no way Cherepanov will be here next year. I'm hoping Sather has something up his sleeve but really what could it possibly be.

And the whole trasfer Jagr for cherepanov concept is stupid. Jagr's a UFA now he can sign with Omsk regardless.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:55 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
The only way Cherepanov comes here is if Bardin releases him from his contract. The rangers cant buy him out or pay Omsk a transfer fee because the CBA forbids it. And players cant give 2 weeks notice Malkin style and simply leave anymore because Russian labor laws have been amended since then. I really just see no way Cherepanov will be here next year. I'm hoping Sather has something up his sleeve but really what could it possibly be.And the whole trasfer Jagr for cherepanov concept is stupid. Jagr's a UFA now he can sign with Omsk regardless.
*I thought the Pens had Malkin come over when he was under contract with a team in Russia.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:11 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
*I thought the Pens had Malkin come over when he was under contract with a team in Russia.
penguins ae cheaters, their win over us should have an *

thats just a little bitter sarcasm

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Levitate

Quote:
I think there was some technical wrangling where Malkin and his agent claimed that he had given 2 weeks notice right before disappearing from Russia

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 08:50 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
The old Russian Labor laws that were intact while Malkin had a contract in Russia allowed Malkin to to cancel out the contract by giving his team a two week notice. Basically think of it as the same 2 week notice you give your boss before you quit. Of course after Malkin took advantage of that Russia amended its laws. Still dont understand why it was like that in the first place. Anyway the point is Cherepanov cant do the same thing or he'll be in breach of his contract and the rangers would have to fight through a hell amount of legal **** that they'll probably lose anyway.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 09:26 PM
squishy

The biggest obstacle that no one seems to take into account is that Cherepanov doesn't want to come next year. He had a disappointing season -- in part because of injury and illness -- and didn't achieve the goals he set for himself, and as a result doesn't feel he's ready. More than likely, he has no desire to play in the AHL, and that would be a very good possibility if he were to come next year.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 07:28 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Someone posted a link last week of the Russian GM talking to Euro press about the Rangers and the Omsk club creating a special new ALLIANCE with each other.

05-07-2008, 09:18 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
And the whole trasfer Jagr for cherepanov concept is stupid. Jagr's a UFA now he can sign with Omsk regardless.
I don't think there's any official trades they could work out in that regard, but they could come to a gentleman's agreement that if Jagr plays in Omsk next year, Omsk will release Cherepanov from his contract. For Omsk, Jagr would be a bigger draw than Cherepanov.

I don't see it happening, but you never know.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Celestial Black

It won't be happening.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
No, no reason to rush the kid.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Ovens

I'd like to give Marty Straka another year as a stop gap until Cherapanov is ready...

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 11:27 AM
FrolundasFinest

Yes, but it would involve a kidnapping plot and a lot of time in jail, where they probably won't let you watch the Rangers anyway.

In all seriousness though, lets get to July 1 and see where we stand. Let Cherry get another year in Russia if that is what he wants. If we force him to come over and he ***** the bed, that is going to totally screw him and in turn the team up.

FrolundasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Nich

nope and rightfully so

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
The biggest obstacle that no one seems to take into account is that Cherepanov doesn't want to come next year. He had a disappointing season -- in part because of injury and illness -- and didn't achieve the goals he set for himself, and as a result doesn't feel he's ready. More than likely, he has no desire to play in the AHL, and that would be a very good possibility if he were to come next year.
Excellent point Squishy. I would think that he probably could also make more money playing in Russia than he would in the AHL. That has to be a consideration too.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote