HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Robbie Czarnik - USDP

Old
05-06-2008, 07:33 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
RW Robbie Czarnik - USDP

Anyone have a scouting report on him? Articles? I believe he's a mid-bottom rank for the draft.

05-06-2008, 10:32 AM
AmazedRink
Nifty Mittens,ATTACK

Just shot up the ranks, rivaling Stamkos now.

AmazedRink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:09 PM
eightyseven

Wow, is he really that good? I thought he was only a 2nd rounder.

Anyway, these ranks are really bizarre. Central Scouting has Matt Calvert ahead of Eberle, McRae, Wahl, Jenks, etc. I don't think anyone would take Calvert before any of those players. I know he has put up impressive totals playing with Brayden Schenn, but he's tiny!! They also have Kruise Reddick (who?) at #30 and again, I doubt the same thing. If Wahl has a better performance in the Memorial Cup tournament, he may rise. McRae may rise as well due to bloodlines and a good performance at U-18's. And I think Eberle may rise. After watching him more closely at the U-18's, he's such a smart player and just a great two-way player. He might be a surprise 1st-round pick.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 06:27 AM
The Scouting Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyStar View Post
Just shot up the ranks, rivaling Stamkos now.
So did I.. are you kidding? Rivaling Stamkos? The worst thing Czarnik ever did was go to the NTDP, he has had two horrible years there. When this kid was in his OHL draft year he was one of the top 90s in the world, and now he will probably be a mid round pick. He had a good U18 which should help him significantly, but nonetheless he isn't even CLOSE to Stamkos.

The Scouting Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 07:48 AM
orangeandblack

Hes obviously joking.

Czarnik should have went to Oshawa though. He would have been able to display his individual skills much better then playing with the NTDP.

orangeandblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:04 AM
chickenman92

i've read he's got a ton of skill and speed and handles the puck very well at high speeds. the major knock on him is he doesn't compete in physical games and his D isn't that great. he's going to michigan next year so i think he'll figure that part of the game out over his 4 years there

chickenman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Konk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman92 View Post
i've read he's got a ton of skill and speed and handles the puck very well at high speeds. the major knock on him is he doesn't compete in physical games and his D isn't that great. he's going to michigan next year so i think he'll figure that part of the game out over his 4 years there
When did you read that? Two years ago? Because that's just plain incorrect now.

Czarnik is one of the most responsible two-way guys on the U-18 team. He's gritty, plays the boards well, and backchecks effectively. He's a good all-around team guy with some speed and skill. Solid mid-round pick, similar to Chad Kolarik, but has some Kevin Porter in him as well.

He was highly rated a few years ago, but like many kids their skills don't trasnlate to higher levels and they have to develop other parts of their games. Czarnik did that and he should continue to succeed, but not at the level he was projected when he was 15/16 years old. The NTDP didn't hurt him, if anything, it helped him. If he played in Oshawa I doubt he would have developed to be such an all-around team guy. As far as his individual skills, they were always overrated.

All of that said, I like Czarnik. Solid player with some upside. He could be a great complimentary player as a pro with his on-ice smarts.

Last edited by Konk: 05-07-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Konk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 01:46 PM
chickenman92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
When did you read that? Two years ago? Because that's just plain incorrect now.

Czarnik is one of the most responsible two-way guys on the U-18 team. He's gritty, plays the boards well, and backchecks effectively. He's a good all-around team guy with some speed and skill. Solid mid-round pick, similar to Chad Kolarik, but has some Kevin Porter in him as well.

He was highly rated a few years ago, but like many kids their skills don't trasnlate to higher levels and they have to develop other parts of their games. Czarnik did that and he should continue to succeed, but not at the level he was projected when he was 15/16 years old. The NTDP didn't hurt him, if anything, it helped him. If he played in Oshawa I doubt he would have developed to be such an all-around team guy. As far as his individual skills, they were always overrated.

All of that said, I like Czarnik. Solid player with some upside. He could be a great complimentary player as a pro with his on-ice smarts.
i forget where i read it i was just looking up prospect and that was basicly the scouting report that his D needs some work and in physical games he disapears.
i like the kid though and would take him in the mid rounds for sure

chickenman92 is offline   Reply With Quote