HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who Is The Prospect You Most Want To See In The NHL Next Year?

Old
05-06-2008, 06:32 PM
polako

vCash: 500
I don't think Byers will offer much to this team. I'd like to see Anisimov at some point next year, although I'm not sure where he'll play. The C position seems to be set for the foreseeable future.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Ranger1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
At the risk of not being in the spirit of the thread, I'll say whichever one show's he's the most ready to step in and contribute.
I agree with your sentiment. That being said and having watched more than a few Pack games here are my thoughts: The Pack has given us for the most part what they can this year. Cally, Dubi, Dawes, have all shown that they belong.

Korpikoski, he's on the bubble, but if he shows up ready for camp, works his ass off and contnues to do so while with the big club, he may have a shot at sticking next year. I am not going to ceed him a spot on this roster based on one playoff goal, but he certainly seems poised to make the jump.

Byers would be the next closest player to getting a look IMO, but he still needs to improve his skating a tad in order to stay in the NHL. If he does I see no reason why he couldn't supplant Hollweg and start on the fourth line.

Only one defensmen might be ready for a shot at the big club and that would be Hutchinson. But given that he is not signed that could be a moot point given the tremendous year he had in the AHL this year.

Sanguinetti needs time, Potter needs to get a bit stronger to handle the NHL game, Sauer was a bit underwhelming and the knee injury during the playoffs certainly didn't help any for next season.

Anisimov will come in time but he's another guy who needs to mature physically, Dupont will need at least another year in the AHL, but I like what I see. Cherepanov is a pipe dream for next year.

Mind you all this is off the top of my head and is changed based on the off-season and what Sather decides to do. It's just my opinion so take it for what its worth.

Last edited by Ranger1135: 05-06-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:11 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1135 View Post
I agree with your sentiment. That being said and having watched more than a few Pack games here are my thoughts: The Pack has given us for the most part what they can this year. Cally, Dubi, Dawes, have all shown that they belong.

Korpikoski, he's on the bubble, but if he shows up ready for camp, works his ass off and contnues to do so while with the big club, he may have a shot at sticking next year. I am not going to ceed him a spot on this roster based on one playoff goal, but he certainly seems poised to make the jump.

Byers would be the next closest player to getting a look IMO, but he still needs to improve his skating a tad in order to stay in the NHL. If he does I see no reason why he couldn't supplant Hollweg and start on the fourth line.

Only one defensmen might be ready for a shot at the big club and that would be Hutchinson. But given that he is not signed that could be a moot point given the tremendous year he had in the AHL this year.

Sanguinetti needs time, Potter needs to get a bit stronger to handle the NHL game, Sauer was a bit underwhelming and the knee injury during the playoffs certainly didn't help any for next season.

Anisimov will come in time but he's another guy who needs to mature physically, Dupont will need at least another year in the AHL, but I like what I see. Cherepanov is a pipe dream for next year.

Mind you all this is off the top of my head and is changed based on the off-season and what Sather decides to do. It's just my opinion so take it for what its worth.
With so much depth in the farm you have to think Sather plans on moving a few of these guys eventually. Sadly as much as we would want it to not all of these guys will make the team.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Unk

The team has so many holes in the near future that it doesn't make sense for Slats to trade them. Between players being promoted to the big leagues and injuries they'll get playing time. Plus quite a few of them end up disappointing and becoming nothing, which you can't exactly predict when they're in juniors.

That because said, as a darkhorse I'd love for Bourret to impress in camp, unlikely as it may be. Not only would it shut up the "We should have kept Dupuis" crowd, but I like what I've read about him. I'd sure like a chance to at least see if he's so potentially good because I like what I've read about his game.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Ace2008

I'd like to see Dupuis come back actually...Quick Versatile and has a deceptive change of pace...just needs to mix up his shot selection

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 12:59 AM
NYRSinceBirth

Who I want to come up, and who should come up is very different. I'd love to see Sangs and Chere come up, but I know they need time to develop. Give Chere one more year in the RSL and Sangs AT LEAST a year in HTFD to even consider anything. That said, give Korpedo, Moore, and AA a chance. Jessiman is just another player who needs more time, especially after his injury.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 01:00 AM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
I'd like to see Dupuis come back actually...Quick Versatile and has a deceptive change of pace...just needs to mix up his shot selection
Him and Cullen are 2 players I wish we never gave away.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 01:05 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
we got 0 for cullen. oh wait the injured joe barnes

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 01:45 AM
the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Hutchinson...I'd say he was something. He had quite the year in the A.

the zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 05:47 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post

We got Carolina's 3rd round pick...in a deep draft, it's another asset.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 05:52 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
You do realize that it was the trade of Dupuis that gave Callahan an opportunity to play, and the trade of Cullen that gave Dubinsky, an essential part of the future, the chance to not only make the team, but establish himself as a top six forward.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:12 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Options

See the beautiful thing about this thread, which we haven't had for years are options.

Options...Options...Options.

The three people I would like to see? Lauri, Bobby, and Artem.

In actuality I would accept a losing season if I could get Byers, Lauri, Artem, Baranka, and Hutch.

That would mean we would need to pass on some of those old timers still playing. Let Malik and Rosie go, insert Ivan and Hutch. Let Straka, Jagr, Shanny go insert Lauri, Artem and Dane.

Lose for a season, let them play and learn. Follow Drury's lead, and in two seasons, make a real run for the cup. Knowing you have Cherry in the wings, (if JAgr goes to Omansk, maybe he would play with Cherry for a bit, teach him a few things.)

Gotta think of the future, not just next season but the next two seasons.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:14 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

If I had to chose one regardless of if they are ready or not (magically becomes ready overnight ), then Sanguinetti. He's exactly what this team needs.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:54 AM
squishy

If I were picking the prospect I want to see most next year, it would be Anisimov.

If I were picking the prospect I want to see who I think is actually ready for the opportunity it would be Korpikoski or Baranka.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 11:00 AM
chosen

Fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I have to ask...why is Soryal a Hollweg replacement? Because he got into a couple fights in his junior days? I'm sure Hollweg also won a few fights in juniors, and recorded more goals than Soryal.
Orts has a thing about Hollweg that runs so strong that Hollweg enters an amazing percentage of his posts even if they have nothing to do with the topic.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

I'd like to see Korpikoski, Sanguinetti and Sauer, when he's healthy enough join the team next year. I also think Dane Byers will beat out and take Hollweg's job next training camp.

Anisimov and Cherepanov are at least one more year away. And I say that because we already are solid down the center with Gomez, Drury, Dubinsky and Betts and Cherepanov is going to stay in Russia.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 03:00 PM
GAGLine

Sam posted this earlier on his blog:

"As for the next generation of Blueshirts, I asked Renney how many players out of Hartford he thought could compete for a job next year.

The coach said five, although he wouldn’t specify who. I would have to assume one is Lauri Korpikoski, who introduced himself to the NHL with flair on Sunday. But don’t count on Bobby Sanguinetti. Renney wouldn’t rule the former No. 1 draft pick, but he did say the team would more likely err on the side of giving Sanguinetti another year of seasoning."

I'm guessing the 5 are Korpedo, Byers, Moore, Potter and Baranka. Maybe Wiikman if we don't resign Vally.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I'm guessing the 5 are Korpedo, Byers, Moore, Potter and Baranka.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 03:23 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
korpedo, byers, baranka,

i'd like to see bourret but to be honest my only real info i get is on this board as there is no way to see ahl games, if anyone could inform me on if bourret has a chance then that would be appreciated.

is he still injured?

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 03:45 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
korpedo, byers, baranka,

i'd like to see bourret but to be honest my only real info i get is on this board as there is no way to see ahl games, if anyone could inform me on if bourret has a chance then that would be appreciated.

is he still injured?
He came back for the last game or two in the playoffs, but he's often injured and doesn't seem as though he's motivated enough to actually challenge for a spot in the NHL. Next training camp will be big for him.

BTW, you can watch Wolfpack games on the B2 network. This year it was $6 per game, or you can buy the whole season, though I don't know what the total cost was at the beginning of the year. I checked later in the year and it was $100 for the remainder of the season.

You can also listen to the audio of each game for free.

Old
05-07-2008, 03:53 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
He came back for the last game or two in the playoffs, but he's often injured and doesn't seem as though he's motivated enough to actually challenge for a spot in the NHL. Next training camp will be big for him.

BTW, you can watch Wolfpack games on the B2 network. This year it was $6 per game, or you can buy the whole season, though I don't know what the total cost was at the beginning of the year. I checked later in the year and it was $100 for the remainder of the season.

You can also listen to the audio of each game for free.

i live in scotland so i dont know if i'd get it here, hell they dont even give us the chance to buy center ice so i wont hold my breath,

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Celestial Black

AA and Sangs so far.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Sam posted this earlier on his blog:

"As for the next generation of Blueshirts, I asked Renney how many players out of Hartford he thought could compete for a job next year.

The coach said five, although he wouldn’t specify who. I would have to assume one is Lauri Korpikoski, who introduced himself to the NHL with flair on Sunday. But don’t count on Bobby Sanguinetti. Renney wouldn’t rule the former No. 1 draft pick, but he did say the team would more likely err on the side of giving Sanguinetti another year of seasoning."

I'm guessing the 5 are Korpedo, Byers, Moore, Potter and Baranka. Maybe Wiikman if we don't resign Vally.
Moore better not make this team. He's terrible and added nothing in the games he had. He's simply not NHL caliber.

Didn't understand everyone's crush on him after his senior season and I still don't understand it.

He's straight up not good enough to be an impact NHL player.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 04:08 PM
eco's bones

I agree that whoever shows the most. For me some seem closer than others but it doesn't necessarily mean I like one better than the other.

Closest forwards I'd rate:
1. Korpikoski
2. Byers
3. Anisimov (more upside than Korpikoski or Byers but probably needs more time in the AHL)
4. Cherepanov will play in Omsk (which means he's at least one whole year away but our most talented).
5. Moore--think he has a legit shot next year.
6. Jessiman--kind of a long shot--if we re-sign him and he continues to progress as he did this year we might see him in the NHL some time in 08-09.

Defense
1. Baranka--I think he's legit but he's been too injury prone. If he doesn't make it in 08-09 it may be his last year with us.
2. Potter--he's right on Baranka's heels.
3. Sanguinetti--I think he's a bit of a longshot. Thinking it might be better that he starts in Hartford anyway.
4. Sauer--would probably be 3. if it wasn't for his injury. I think he struggled a bit anyway this year and figured him for Hartford maybe working his way up as an injury replacement.

Goal
1. Wiikman--depending on whether we sign another goalie has a shot.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 04:21 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
i live in scotland so i dont know if i'd get it here, hell they dont even give us the chance to buy center ice so i wont hold my breath,
B2 network is on the web

http://www.b2livetv.com/Default.asp