HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Battle Of The Bulge" Hf Habs Board Off Season Fitness and Well Being Competition

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Batarnac

vCash: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
A lot of dudes here that are so young and so fat.
You guys should spend less time on this board and more outside or in gym. If you are fat now there is a good chance you will be obese later one.

A gym? What's a gym?

Seriously, I'm considering joining the ''competition''. Not that I'm fat, but my diet of beer and take-out combined to my job and lack of exercise don't really help me. Actually, I'm looking at gaining some weight, muscular mass of course. I have a very forgiving metabolism that allows me to eat whatever I want without gaining weight, wich I did for years, but now some of my pants are a little tighter than they used to...

I already recently got back to skateboarding, wich is a good start for exercise, and I'm planning on extending my sessions length and frequency if my heel and ankle can take it. I'll post the info later.

Old
05-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
I just want to be judge.

Where are the pies?

Old
05-07-2008, 03:47 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
A lot of dudes here that are so young and so fat.
You guys should spend less time on this board and more outside or in gym. If you are fat now there is a good chance you will be obese later one.

Ooohh. The Internet bully surfaces. Why post a stupid comment like that in a thread where people are being encouraged to exercise & eat better? Besides which, just about everyone who's posted in here is only like 20 or so pounds overweight. That's hardly fat.

Anyway.. Day 1 complete. Man I had no idea my stamina had gone down so far. Had to supplement my running with a bunch of time on the bike.

Old
05-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyChick87 View Post
For me, its the constant comparisons to Jack Black...*shivers*
Well, at least you'd be a big hit with the homosexuals. For some reason, they love them some chubby dudes...not that I'm judging.

Old
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostitsyntheBagBaby View Post
homosexuals
Those guys make some gooooood poutine. I've heard.

Old
05-07-2008, 04:03 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Those guys make some gooooood poutine. I've heard.
Testify!!!

Old
05-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Testify!!!
The song?

Old
05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
You know, I wonder if you, and deandebean, are just trying to motivate some of us or if you're just being the complete ******* that you are.

Good to see the overwhealming response to this...there's going to be a good support group here and Im sure all of us will be able to achieve our goals
that is what I said, encouraged the dudes here to hit the gym more often, what's wrong with that?

and watch the use of ******* you****** lol

as for deandebean I don't know what he is posting since he is on my ignore list.

Old
05-07-2008, 04:30 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatthatquestion View Post
A gym? What's a gym?
Ohhhhhhhhhhh a gym

Old
05-07-2008, 05:43 PM
tinyzombies

Wait, people have started already? I was under the impression I could pig out until May 19??

Old
05-07-2008, 07:46 PM
llamateizer

Name: Husam
Sex: M
Height: 6"4'
Weight: 275
Goal: 250 short term, 220 long term, my dream 199.9
Main motivator: Will play hockey cosom during summer plus gym with a friend
Biggest obstacle ahead: University full time school + part time job (office)
Reason why you will achieve your goal: I was 260 2 summer ago, I've lost 20 lb until december, when i got Appendicitis. I went down to 220 but I went very weak. I went up to 275. I feel confident that im able to lose weight because it worked once.

will send pics by pm?

Old
05-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Guillemin

Name: Nelson
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 150
Goal: 150-160
Main motivator: I fence and am already good. I want to win Western Canada again next season, and need to work on my fitness.
Biggest obstacle ahead: Starting law school in fall
Reason why you will achieve your goal: Because I'm not trying to gain or lose wait, which is impossible, given my body type.

I'll not post pics, because I'm not really part of the challenge. To those trying to get healthier, good luck and congrats to those who are on their way there.

Old
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post
Wait, people have started already? I was under the impression I could pig out until May 19??
Menh...its entirely up to you...but the "official" contest starts may 19th

Old
05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Penalty Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Name: Andrew
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 210 lbs
Goal: In terms of weight, 180 lbs
Main motivator: Used to weight 300lbs, this is the last step I need to do to achieve my goal
Biggest obstacle ahead: Food, food and food. Did I mention I love food?
Reason why you will achieve your goal: I lost about 100lbs in the last few years, gained about 15lbs in the last year, I need to kick my ass and start again to achieve my 180lbs goal, GO GO GO!
Wow, this is a lot like me...

Name: Keith
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 230 lbs - I weighed 307 lbs on March 17, went down to 235 by April 20th. Been on vacation the last 2 weeks, thus I only lost 5 pounds in that time, eating out almost every day and eating healthy at the same time is tough.
Goal: No real goal, just want to live healthier. Losing weight is a consequence of that. I look forward to being under 200 lbs though.
Main motivator: Be able to keep up at sports with my younger, fitter friends.
Reason you will achieve your goal: This is way easier than I thought it would be. Eating healthy is not more expensive (when you eat half of what you used to eat and rarely eat out, it's actually cheaper) or really that time consuming. And the food is awesome! Swimming and my Ultimate league will provide activity to go with the healthier diet.

Old
05-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCanadienRomance View Post

Weight: 230 lbs - I weighed 307 lbs on March 17, went down to 235 by April 20th. Been on vacation the last 2 weeks, thus I only lost 5 pounds in that time, eating out almost every day and eating healthy at the same time is tough.
Goal: No real goal, just want to live healthier. Losing weight is a consequence of that. I look forward to being under 200 lbs though.
Reason you will achieve your goal: This is way easier than I thought it would be. Eating healthy is not more expensive (when you eat half of what you used to eat and rarely eat out, it's actually cheaper) or really that time consuming. And the food is awesome! Swimming and my Ultimate league will provide activity to go with the healthier diet.
Tony Marinaro is that you

Old
05-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Penalty Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Tony Marinaro is that you
Heh, I live in Alberta and didn't even know who that was until I googled it.

Old
05-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
The problem with me is instead of losing weight I need to gain some. Im about 5'10 and 148lbs. I would kill to gain some overall mass. 20 more pounds would be great. The real problem is that for a 19 year old boy I eat very little. I wish I could change it, but I just don't eat like a normal man.

Old
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
CenterHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
The problem with me is instead of losing weight I need to gain some. Im about 5'10 and 148lbs. I would kill to gain some overall mass. 20 more pounds would be great. The real problem is that for a 19 year old boy I eat very little. I wish I could change it, but I just don't eat like a normal man.
You should look into Creatine, a friend of mine uses it when he wants to add mass.

Old
05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Hit the weights and increase your calorie intake, concentrating on a high protein, low fat diet

Old
05-07-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Menh...its entirely up to you...but the "official" contest starts may 19th
I am so going to pig it up until May 19th. Will give me enough time to get ready mentally for this.

Actually maybe I'll get a head-start. I'll let you guys know, post a 'before' picture and then post weekly updates.

Old
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

There's lots of talk of "high proten, low fat". Like what proportions are we talking. I'm going to use fitday.com..

So for instance, today's intake is 29% protein, 19% fat, 52% carbs.

I'm a total dietary noob. I think we should collect some information and put it all in one post somewhere.

Old
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCanadienRomance View Post

Name: Keith

You lost 72 lbs in a month?

Im no doctor but that in no way can be healthy for you

Old
05-07-2008, 09:28 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
There's lots of talk of "high proten, low fat". Like what proportions are we talking. I'm going to use fitday.com..

So for instance, today's intake is 29% protein, 19% fat, 52% carbs.

I'm a total dietary noob. I think we should collect some information and put it all in one post somewhere.
Well...heres my rule of thumb, if youre gonna eat carbs, try to eat them earlier in the day...like pasta for lunch instead of for supper.

If you need to snack at night, ty to avoid the carbs as well.

I may eat a snack in the afternoon like an apple or an orange just to give that little glucose spike.

Old
05-07-2008, 09:30 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
You lost 72 lbs in a month?

Im no doctor but that in no way can be healthy for you
COuld be a lot of water weight...it tends to happen when folks are severely overweight

Old
05-07-2008, 09:33 PM
CenterHice

Quote:
COuld be a lot of water weight...it tends to happen when folks are severely overweight
Here's to hoping. LOL

I just ordered an elliptical machine, comes in next week.
Before and after work should do it.

Closed Thread