HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price was playing injured!

Old
05-06-2008, 03:48 AM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
As per rds.ca

For people that can't read french :

Price basically said that he did play while injured. He didn't go into details but said he wasn't 100% both physically and mentally.
Stop making excuses for him. He played crappy thats the story. Mentally of course not...he got lit up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Then sit your ass on the bench and go with Halak.

You can't possibly tell me that an injured/shaken Price was better than Halak in the second round.
Glad someone has some sort of brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Injured or not, he didnt help us to win the series, just like he did in the AHL or the world championship.

Im a big fan of Price and i know he will be a succesful goalie, but i have to say he was close to terrible in the series againt the Flyers. The 1 or 2 consecutives softs goals he gave in each game was a killer.

It was a very big PRICE to pay for his first experience in the nhl playoff but at least he has learned a lot and will only be better next year.

Lets see what he can do on his own next season when he will have to play around 60 games.
So is Price a playoff choker? hrmmm...

If that was Huet...the Price fanclub would have been all his stank ass...

Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-06-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 11:39 AM
All-Star

I think Carbo's statement during the playoffs was crystal clear... I predict Halak will not be a Hab next September.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
As per rds.ca

Price basically said that he did play while injured. He didn't go into details but said he wasn't 100% both physically and mentally.

Thats bull****!!!!! They are just making up excuses for why he played so terrible against Philly.

If he was injured in any way at all, there was no need to start him. Halak should have played.

If it is true and Price was actually injured, then the Canadiens organization should be shot for playing him with an injury when we have a very capable goalie in Halak sitting on the bench.
Goaltender is not a position you can play if you have an injury....you need to be sharp and at the top of your game.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
fred2792

They said that he have two broken finger.

fred2792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Montrealer

Bruins and Sens fans still trolling

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:36 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Thats bull****!!!!! They are just making up excuses for why he played so terrible against Philly.

If he was injured in any way at all, there was no need to start him. Halak should have played.

If it is true and Price was actually injured, then the Canadiens organization should be shot for playing him with an injury when we have a very capable goalie in Halak sitting on the bench.
Goaltender is not a position you can play if you have an injury....you need to be sharp and at the top of your game.
He`ll learn from that too. Dryden said by the last years of his career, he actually avoided using his catching glove because his catching hand was basically mush from multiple fractures over the years, he improvised to make those saves

Every minute Carey was between the pipes for the playoffs will payoff in multiples in the future. Our team wasn`t going to win that series unless one of the goalies played like God. And Halak didn`t exactly look a world-beater. Goaltending was sub-par no doubt, but so was most of our team.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Habitants

i really like the comments latendresse made inthat article! hopefully he will come to camp in better form and help to make a bigger impact next season. i expect him to earn some pp time and post up in front of the net!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
As per rds.ca

I didn't hear/read any quote about "physical" injuries, but he was quoted in an article by Dave Stubbs as saying something to the effect that he was burned out and (as I recall) felt like he had been playing fpr 2 years(?).

Heard on (I think HNIC) that during the summer of '07 he worked out 4 times per day to get ready for his 1st pro training camp. I can see why he would feel burned out by May!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
He`ll learn from that too. Dryden said by the last years of his career, he actually avoided using his catching glove because his catching hand was basically mush from multiple fractures over the years, he improvised to make those saves

Every minute Carey was between the pipes for the playoffs will payoff in multiples in the future. Our team wasn`t going to win that series unless one of the goalies played like God. And Halak didn`t exactly look a world-beater. Goaltending was sub-par no doubt, but so was most of our team.
I think you summed it up accurately!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
I didn't hear/read any quote about "physical" injuries, but he was quoted in an article by Dave Stubbs as saying something to the effect that he was burned out and (as I recall) felt like he had been playing fpr 2 years(?).

Heard on (I think HNIC) that during the summer of '07 he worked out 4 times per day to get ready for his 1st pro training camp. I can see why he would feel burned out by May!
I think thats fair.... he probably took like 1 week off after the Calder cup or something short like that and started preparing to make the jump.... let him have a month or two off this summer.... recharge the batteries.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:16 PM
RC51

Yep, Carey needs to go home to that quite little town.
He needs to eat moms cooking and find a friend or 4 to go fishing with, on those world class, picture perfect, deep woods lakes and go listen to a few loons. Reconnect with mom and mother earth.
" go empty you mind Grasshopper" " then try again to walk the rice paper"

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2792 View Post
They said that he have two broken finger.
He made a sideways comment that he had a fractured fingers (read that off a LaPresse article) but either me meant a slight hairline fracture (I saw the pictures of him signing autographs on his way out and he had no bandages) or he was joking.

A hariline fracture hurts and can make your fingers bend more slowly. Could maybe explain his slow glove-hand...but then again they would have given him a shot of pain killer and he wouldn't have felt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I wouldn't be worried about Price's mental resolve.
If Marc André Fleury was able to overcome 4 horrible years, Price can overcome a tough 5 games.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 05:35 PM
jordy

u have to wonder about the competence of our coach guy carbonneau. He knew price had 2 broken fingers and was bobbling every shot. SO WHY DIDN"T HE PLAY HALAK INSTEAD OF THE INJURED PRICE. Can you say stupid or maybe he didn't have confidence to put halak in. Well..if the montreal organization didn't have enough confidence to put halak in over price who was sucking big time then why did they trade Huet. The reason montreal are out of the playoffs can be blamed on Carbonneau and Gainey for screwing up the goalie situation in montreal, for not using their back up when price was injured.

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Corey

This isn't a kindergartern class in which the principal objective is not to hurt any kid's feelings. True, Price was disappointing. On the other hand, Halak played no better than the level expected of him in his only start and he lost. Was anyone really impressed by Halak in game 4?

Halak will still be a backup to Price in about 20-25 games next season. IMO that's where he belongs.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
This isn't a kindergartern class in which the principal objective is not to hurt any kid's feelings. True, Price was disappointing. On the other hand, Halak played no better than the level expected of him in his only start and he lost. Was anyone really impressed by Halak in game 4?

Halak will still be a backup to Price in about 20-25 games next season. IMO that's where he belongs.

I thought Halak played great for a goalie that hadn't played in over 2 months. At least he could catch a puck when it was shot at his glove....Price bobbled EVERY shot that the Flyers took at his glove hand in every game of the series.

Halak and Price should have split the last 10 games of the season and the better goalie should have been the starter in the playoffs. I'm not saying that things would have been any different, but at least Price wouldn't have been so worn out from playing so much and Halak would have been sharp and ready for game action if he was needed.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 04:52 PM
j52

Perhaps we would have won if he had played hockey.

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 05:00 PM
imnothere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
So an injured Price > Halek

That's some kind of faith the coaches have in Halek.
Who the hell is this Halek guy you are talking about ?

imnothere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
ed ible*

What I like was,,,, that management gave Halak the chance to show his stuff in game 4.........Had he not let in the bad goal,,, and Habs win,,, things might have been alot different...........But it didnt happen.

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I thought Halak played great for a goalie that hadn't played in over 2 months. At least he could catch a puck when it was shot at his glove....Price bobbled EVERY shot that the Flyers took at his glove hand in every game of the series.

Halak and Price should have split the last 10 games of the season and the better goalie should have been the starter in the playoffs. I'm not saying that things would have been any different, but at least Price wouldn't have been so worn out from playing so much and Halak would have been sharp and ready for game action if he was needed.

just so its clear, Halak hadnt played in a month, not 2 months.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed ible View Post
What I like was,,,, that management gave Halak the chance to show his stuff in game 4.........Had he not let in the bad goal,,, and Habs win,,, things might have been alot different...........But it didnt happen.
Exactly. He didn't rise to the occasion. Had he won, Carbonneau would have considered using him again.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by j52 View Post
Perhaps we would have won if he had played hockey.
For a poster with only 84 posts you sure managed to beat alot of people in the usless post category...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 10:30 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
u have to wonder about the competence of our coach guy carbonneau. He knew price had 2 broken fingers and was bobbling every shot. SO WHY DIDN"T HE PLAY HALAK INSTEAD OF THE INJURED PRICE. Can you say stupid or maybe he didn't have confidence to put halak in. Well..if the montreal organization didn't have enough confidence to put halak in over price who was sucking big time then why did they trade Huet. The reason montreal are out of the playoffs can be blamed on Carbonneau and Gainey for screwing up the goalie situation in montreal, for not using their back up when price was injured.
I have to wonder about your reading comprehension. Price said he had 2 broken fingers to reporters and I read that to mean the same thing as his broken fibula. His way of saying there's no story here.

Some on radio suggested a hip problem but there was no confirmation. That's the problem, Price was near death but Carbo just wasn't smart enough to notice his blood pressure dropping.

Sometimes, you just get beat. Price didn't stop enough pucks, no excuses, fingers to be pointed, just an easy fact.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 11:24 PM
znk

If I call some posters idiots I might get an infraction....I dont want that. So is it ok if I find out where they live and hit them with a baseball bat instead? Will I get baned?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
If I call some posters idiots I might get an infraction....I dont want that. So is it ok if I find out where they live and hit them with a baseball bat instead? Will I get baned?
I won't ban you.... You might get arrested by the real cops though.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
I won't ban you.... You might get arrested by the real cops though.
Not if we make it look like an accident.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote