HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal with Tampa Bay before the draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
  #76
WeezyHabFan
Registered User
 
WeezyHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 500
i want the weed that that guy had wen he made this horrible trade proposal

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
  #77
jordy
Registered User
 
jordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
No way this deal works. If i was tampa bay i wouldn't trade the 1st overall pick for a small centreman who only had one good offensive season(plekanec) a mediocre goalie in halak, a late first round draft pick and fischer who could easily be a bust, let alone throw in andre roy and jussi jokinen. In order to get quality u have to give quality.

So in order for this deal to work i'd say tampa would want:

Koivu(becomes a good 2nd line center and a great 1-2 punch with him n vinny, provides leadership for a club in desperate need of it and is a playoff performer)
Kostopoulos(Montreals top grinder, takes the fourth line spot of Roy)
Montreals first rounder in 2008.
Halak- becomes tampas top netminder
and a blue chip prospect. Someone like chipchura, pacioretty or mcdonaugh. Not a mediocre prospect like fischer.

I know its a lot but in order to get a guy like stamkos u have to give up A LOT.

Then our roster would look like this

Kovalev (C) Plekanec A.Kost
Higgins Stamkos S.Kost
Latendresse Grabovski Streit
Begin Chipchura Lapierre

i kinda like the deal to tell ya the truth...


Last edited by jordy: 05-07-2008 at 09:16 PM.
jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
  #78
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post

i kinda like the deal to tell ya the truth...
I kinda threw up in my mouth a little to tell ya the truth.

I still don't think Tampa would do such a move, not to mention Saku would have to waive his NTC.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:30 PM
  #79
jordy
Registered User
 
jordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
Mtl won't trade for an 18 year old. They will go after vets to win the cup in 09 - their goal.
\True that. Although it's interesting to wonder what tampa would want for stamkos...that being said montreal wouldn't go after him anyway, the time just isn't right. Right now montreal has a ton of unreal prospects headlined my Max Pacioretty and Kyle Chipchura.
They are ohhh soo close to competing for the cup next year. The wish list for the habs for their next playoff run will include
1. A proven playoff scorer.
2. A big strong gritty 3rd liner who can hit, kill penalties and chip in with the odd goal here and there.
3. A veteran back-up goalie- Just for insurance in case price chokes again.
4. a depth defenceman.

However, according to the Op it'll only take plekanec, halak, fischer, and a draft pick to get stamkos roy and jokinen. So we mays well pull the trigger on that. It couldn't hurt

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
  #80
jordy
Registered User
 
jordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I kinda threw up in my mouth a little to tell ya the truth.

I still don't think Tampa would do such a move, not to mention Saku would have to waive his NTC.
i'd say tampa would consider it. Maybe it would take another prospect or another draft pick to sweeten the deal just a lil more. But i wouldn't give up any more than Koivu, halak, kosto, a first, and 2 prospects for stamkos roy and jokinen.

Kosto and roy cancels out.
first rounder for jokinen cancels out
then it would be Koivu, Halak, and 2 prospects of Tampa's choosing for Stamkos. it's not like stamkos is going to be the next crosby, malkin or ovechkin either.

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 10:14 PM
  #81
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
I have a better trade.



Halak/Latendresse/2nd round pick

vs

Malkin/Crosby/Staal/Fleury/1st round pick


1st round pick of 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012...2120.

vs

Garth Murray cause we need a natural scorer for Crosby




Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 10:32 PM
  #82
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
If they get rid of Vinny at the draft...they can always shoot for Hedman next year. Stamkos + Hedman is a nice building block. But I don't see it happen. Unless he's really pissed off, they'll probably never trade him.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 10:37 PM
  #83
Guillemin
Registered User
 
Guillemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
Wow.

A package with Tampa not involving Vinny, and still not reasonable.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 01:41 AM
  #84
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,759
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I was thinking of this (possible) trade with Tampa Bay:

To Montreal
2008 1st overall draft pick (Steven Stamkos)
Jussi Jokinen (shootout specialist)
Andre Roy (toughness and grit)

To Tampa Bay
2008 25th overall draft pick
Jaroslav Halak (starting goalie)
Tomas Plekanec (center for Martin St. Louis)
David Fischer (defensive depth)

I think the trade works out for both organizations because we get the 1st overall pick in the NHL entry draft that can play for us starting at the 100 year (centennial season) mark, toughness and grit in Andre Roy and a shootout specialist in Jussi Jokinen to play with fellow Saku Koivu.

The Tampa Bay lightning get there a first round draft pick, a legitimate starting goalie, a setup man for Martin St. Louis in Tomas Plekanec and defensive depth with potential NHL player David Fischer.

What do you think?
I think you put this up wrong! I think this is the trade you meant

To Chicago Blackhawks
2008 25th overall draft pick
G Jaroslav Halak (starting goalie)
C Tomas Plekanec (center)
D David Fischer (defensive depth)

To Montreal
RW Martin Havlat

This is what your really were offering right!

How does this trade idea make you feel? Because thats how it feels to be TB in your proposal.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 04:16 AM
  #85
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I think you put this up wrong! I think this is the trade you meant

To Chicago Blackhawks
2008 25th overall draft pick
G Jaroslav Halak (starting goalie)
C Tomas Plekanec (center)
D David Fischer (defensive depth)

To Montreal
RW Martin Havlat

This is what your really were offering right!

How does this trade idea make you feel? Because thats how it feels to be TB in your proposal.
overpayment by the hawks, we'd have to include at least the rights to ryder and a 2nd to get anywhere in my opinion...

on a note related to stamkos, on tsn theyve had quite a few scouts and other nhl personal who felt that, given the choice, they'd take stamkos over tavares, tavares has always been hyped up as a goal scorer and all but where does he rate amongst the crosby's, ovechkin's, et al? and by extension to that, if stamkos is better/equal to tavares, where would that put him in that respect?

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:46 AM
  #86
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I think you put this up wrong! I think this is the trade you meant

To Chicago Blackhawks
2008 25th overall draft pick
G Jaroslav Halak (starting goalie)
C Tomas Plekanec (center)
D David Fischer (defensive depth)

To Montreal
RW Martin Havlat
C Jonathan Toews

This is what your really were offering right!

How does this trade idea make you feel? Because thats how it feels to be TB in your proposal.
Fixed and done deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
overpayment by the hawks, we'd have to include at least the rights to ryder and a 2nd to get anywhere in my opinion...

on a note related to stamkos, on tsn theyve had quite a few scouts and other nhl personal who felt that, given the choice, they'd take stamkos over tavares, tavares has always been hyped up as a goal scorer and all but where does he rate amongst the crosby's, ovechkin's, et al? and by extension to that, if stamkos is better/equal to tavares, where would that put him in that respect?
Its easy to say they'd take Stamkos over Tavares when they are not truly given the choice between the two and there is incentive to hype the new rookies. If Tavares was actually available in the 08 draft, they might not say the same thing.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 01:39 PM
  #87
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
Its easy to say they'd take Stamkos over Tavares when they are not truly given the choice between the two and there is incentive to hype the new rookies. If Tavares was actually available in the 08 draft, they might not say the same thing.
actually TSN's question was pretty much to the point and around the time there was talk of tavares getting into this years draft and all that with his agent, so it was pretty much to the point "if they were in the same draft, who would you take?" type question.. i'll try and get a link or something but thats basically what was asked and how they responded

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=217783

headline: WHERE WOULD TAVARES RANK IN 2008 DRAFT?

Quote:
"If John Tavares were eligible for the 2008 draft and it was being held on Saturday, where would he rank on the lists they just submitted?"

The strong consensus is at No. 2, just behind Sarnia sniper Steven Stamkos. Tavares accumulated 91 voting points. Stamkos had 100; and Drew Doughty 88.

Three scouts did say they would take Tavares first overall.

.....

But five scouts pegged him at No. 2 and two others ranked him at No. 3. So seven of 10 scouts surveyed, as of today, would take Stamkos over Tavares.


Last edited by sandman08: 05-08-2008 at 01:53 PM.
sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 04:56 PM
  #88
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
actually TSN's question was pretty much to the point and around the time there was talk of tavares getting into this years draft and all that with his agent, so it was pretty much to the point "if they were in the same draft, who would you take?" type question.. i'll try and get a link or something but thats basically what was asked and how they responded

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=217783

headline: WHERE WOULD TAVARES RANK IN 2008 DRAFT?
Even at that point in time it was a highly unlikely situation..... If it came to be, I still say alot of those scouts would change their tune.

Tavares being part of the 08 draft was never a likely scenario.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.