HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Golf

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2008, 10:59 PM
  #76
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Wet is good. Makes sticking greens easier, and putting is more predictable.

I'll take a soaking wet course over a bone dry course any day.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 11:07 PM
  #77
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Wet is good. Makes sticking greens easier, and putting is more predictable.

I'll take a soaking wet course over a bone dry course any day.
Ive always been good at sticking greens and putting is the best part of my game

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2008, 11:13 PM
  #78
Kachino
Registered User
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: China
Posts: 5,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Wet is good. Makes sticking greens easier, and putting is more predictable.

I'll take a soaking wet course over a bone dry course any day.
First time I played, it was a sunny day. I had technical problems (shank and out-of-bounds tee-shots, over hit/under hit the ball when the hole was lower/higher than the fairway) and composure problems (was rattled after 3 putting on a par-3 twice when I had a chance for a birdie). The second time was during a rainy day. I had problems with the distance because the ball didn't roll as much as during a sunny day and also because I was always short on my puts. Nonetheless, I was able to make adjustments and was able to crack a "100".

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
  #79
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
170 yds with your PW? Are you a pro? Man, that's a pretty long shot with a PW. What do you hit with your driver? 330 yds? If you take advantage of the lessons, with that kind of power, you're going to be a hell of a player..
lol. hes degrees are bumped down. lol, thats deep man. but ya, one guy in our foursome is about the same....but he doesnt have a club championship trophy in his house yet.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:18 AM
  #80
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
What a disgusting avatar. You should be ashamed of yourself. You're no better than..., than..., than a prostitute. There I said it.
That could be true, but when it comes to prostitutes and Flyers, prostitutes are probably the cleaner of the two. One goes for your head, the other gives you... I'll stop there, you can all make your own jokes at this point. Have fun

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:21 AM
  #81
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
That could be true, but when it comes to prostitutes and Flyers, prostitutes are probably the cleaner of the two. One goes for your head, the other gives you... I'll stop there, you can all make your own jokes at this point. Have fun
Well, thank you sir. I'll start.
There once was a girl from Philadelphia
...

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:28 AM
  #82
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Well, thank you sir. I'll start.
There once was a girl from Philadelphia
...
There once was girl from Philly
Paid well to handle my willy ?



Couldn't think of a ryhme for elphia.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:30 AM
  #83
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
There once was girl from Philly
Paid well to handle my willy ?



Couldn't think of a ryhme for elphia.
Who said "show me the dough and I'll F ya" ?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
  #84
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Couldn't think of a ryhme for elphia.
Healthier?

Wealthier might work well for this one.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:50 AM
  #85
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Healthier?

Wealthier might work well for this one.
There once was girl from Philadelphia
By using her services
I made her much wealthier

But to my chagrin
The trouble I'm in
I just wish that she'd been healthier.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:52 AM
  #86
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
There once was girl from Philadelphia
By using her services
I made her much wealthier

But to my chagrin
The trouble I'm in
I just wish that she'd been healthier.
Brilliant!

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
  #87
Kachino
Registered User
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: China
Posts: 5,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
There once was girl from Philadelphia
By using her services
I made her much wealthier

But to my chagrin
The trouble I'm in
I just wish that she'd been healthier.
nice one...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
  #88
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
just got home.

Monday I set my personal best at 110.
today I beat it again...109

my hole of the day...par 5 I take my friends driver to see if I can hit the ball straight, I cranked it 300 yds down the middle of the fairway.
followed up with my 5 iron which fell just short of the green.
I chipped it to within a foot of the hole and completed the birdie.

My first ever birdie

i easily could have been close to the 100 mark but i completely messed up on holes 14 and 15. Shot an 8 and then a 9.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:20 PM
  #89
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,649
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
just got home.

Monday I set my personal best at 110.
today I beat it again...109

my hole of the day...par 5 I take my friends driver to see if I can hit the ball straight, I cranked it 300 yds down the middle of the fairway.
followed up with my 5 iron which fell just short of the green.
I chipped it to within a foot of the hole and completed the birdie.

My first ever birdie

i easily could have been close to the 100 mark but i completely messed up on holes 14 and 15. Shot an 8 and then a 9.
My personal best is 105.



And that was on the first hole.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
  #90
Zorf
Registered User
 
Zorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
ive got a noname set.

what keeps me from playing good is my driver.
I always hook it left.

my irons are awesome and I can outdrive people when I use my 3-Iron
Golf pros would tell you that if you are hooking the ball, you are doing something right. People who hook are actually really close to a very good swing. If you slice, well, go practice more.

I'm no pro, so I don't know how to fix a hook.

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
  #91
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harf48 View Post
Golf pros would tell you that if you are hooking the ball, you are doing something right. People who hook are actually really close to a very good swing. If you slice, well, go practice more.

I'm no pro, so I don't know how to fix a hook.
I slice, and it pisses me off.
i mess up so many shots because Im so frustrated from my drive

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:28 PM
  #92
Kachino
Registered User
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: China
Posts: 5,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
Hey JD, what's your predicted score for tomorrow? Whatever you say, I'm wagering 75 vCash that's it's going to be over .

Have fun tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
im gonna say lower then 115

wont be easy with the course being all wet cuz of tonights rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
just got home.

Monday I set my personal best at 110.
today I beat it again...109

my hole of the day...par 5 I take my friends driver to see if I can hit the ball straight, I cranked it 300 yds down the middle of the fairway.
followed up with my 5 iron which fell just short of the green.
I chipped it to within a foot of the hole and completed the birdie.

My first ever birdie

i easily could have been close to the 100 mark but i completely messed up on holes 14 and 15. Shot an 8 and then a 9.
Nice score with 109! Damn, I'm now out of vCash! How the hell were you able to go under your prediction?

What a great feeling when you crank it 300 yds right in the middle of the fairway on a par 5 eh? Wait I don't know that feeling since the maximum I did was about 260-270 yds. So what is anarmandaleb going to do to you for your first birdie ever?

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:32 PM
  #93
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
Nice score with 109! Damn, I'm now out of vCash! How the hell were you able to go under your prediction?

What a great feeling when you crank it 300 yds right in the middle of the fairway on a par 5 eh? Wait I don't know that feeling since the maximum I did was about 260-270 yds. So what is anarmandaleb going to do to you for your first birdie ever?
yes, just the fact of seeing a ball go straight was a great feeling.
It could have travelled 150yrds and I would have been happy.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:50 PM
  #94
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I slice, and it pisses me off.
i mess up so many shots because Im so frustrated from my drive
I have an annoying lefty slice. I don't play enough to improve that much and I get stuck between about 100-110. I've broken 100 and think I could regularly if I played twice a week but it's easier to say it than do it. I just don't hit irons well enough to make a big difference in my score.

I've never driven a ball 300 yards in my life and I think that if I was going to, I already would have.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:56 PM
  #95
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I have an annoying lefty slice. I don't play enough to improve that much and I get stuck between about 100-110. I've broken 100 and think I could regularly if I played twice a week but it's easier to say it than do it. I just don't hit irons well enough to make a big difference in my score.

I've never driven a ball 300 yards in my life and I think that if I was going to, I already would have.
my irons are more often then not spot on.
Everynow and then I will get to low and hit a big chunk of grass instead of the ball.

My 3iron is by far my best club.

that 300 yrd drive was pure fluke.
I just swang like a mad man.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 01:02 PM
  #96
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
my irons are more often then not spot on.
Everynow and then I will get to low and hit a big chunk of grass instead of the ball.

My 3iron is by far my best club.

that 300 yrd drive was pure fluke.
I just swang like a mad man.
My bro's pretty good, shoots low 80's most of the time. He nags me to use the right club all the time whether I like it or not. I usually listen but finally, I just gave up on long irons, I was getting worse rather than better. Maybe there's something obvious I do wrong with them, but right now, taking them out of the bag is the only thing I know is wrong.

.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 01:07 PM
  #97
Kachino
Registered User
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: China
Posts: 5,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post

My 3iron is by far my best club.
Really? That's pretty weird since the bigger loft on your clubs, the easier it is to hit the golf ball. For me, I'm pretty deadly with the 7-8-9 iron and PW. Really inconsistent with the 3-4 iron. Not bad with the 5-6 iron.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 01:13 PM
  #98
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
Really? That's pretty weird since the bigger loft on your clubs, the easier it is to hit the golf ball. For me, I'm pretty deadly with the 7-8-9 iron and PW. Really inconsistent with the 3-4 iron. Not bad with the 5-6 iron.
4 to 9 Im ok
PW Im decent
but like I said my 3 is awesome. I often outdive my friends with my 3.

Thats why I wanna get my driver going.
If I can consistantly drive the ball 250+ I can save myself strokes.

I just did some reading up on how to fix the slice.
If I get the chance after supper tonight Im gonna go to the driving range.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 01:16 PM
  #99
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
4 to 9 Im ok
PW Im decent
but like I said my 3 is awesome. I often outdive my friends with my 3.

Thats why I wanna get my driver going.
If I can consistantly drive the ball 250+ I can save myself strokes.

I just did some reading up on how to fix the slice.
If I get the chance after supper tonight Im gonna go to the driving range.
It sounds corny, but I bought an instruction book by Colin Montgomerie (one of my favourite golfers) which really helped me in terms of placing the ball in my stance, and pretty much cured my slice.

A book can be helpful, so long as you aren't embarassed to take it to the range and use it.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 01:22 PM
  #100
Kachino
Registered User
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: China
Posts: 5,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
It sounds corny, but I bought an instruction book by Colin Montgomerie (one of my favourite golfers) which really helped me in terms of placing the ball in my stance, and pretty much cured my slice.

A book can be helpful, so long as you aren't embarassed to take it to the range and use it.
Yeah, a book really helps. I had a golf book written by Tiger Woods. The book was full of pictures helping you with the swing, stance, ball position...

http://books.google.ca/books?id=ixcb...mbnail#PPP1,M1

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.