HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LOL - Camalleri For Dawes, Prucha and Tyutin and a 1st?!

Old
05-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
How was he disappointing? In the playoffs yes but I thought he did well this season. He was great at the start and seemed to level a bit, but still more than adequate.
In a way, I feel bad for Tyutin.

I think he's a good defenseman, not great, but still good.

I just have a feeling (and always have) that it will not quite be enough for some people. I think people really had the wrong idea about him when he was coming up through the system.

Talent wise - Tyutin should be a 10 goal, 45-50 point player. But I'm not sure the sum of his parts will never quite add up to what they should.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
How was he disappointing? In the playoffs yes but I thought he did well this season. He was great at the start and seemed to level a bit, but still more than adequate.
I feel like the last half was mediocre for him compared to what hes capable of.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 02:52 AM
Pizza

Like I was saying, long summer ahead.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 04:24 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
I feel like the last half was mediocre for him compared to what hes capable of.
that's saying 2 different things.

he's certainly capable of doing better, as edge eluded to, however his second half was certainly not mediocre. he was still one of our better defenseman throughout the season and of top 4 caliber by league standards.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 07:30 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I've been wanting Cammalleri for 3 years now...if the Rangers get him...

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:06 AM
chosen

To me, Tyutin is a borderline 2nd pairing defenseman whose progress has been more negative than positive since his arrival. He could elevate his game just by being able to hit the net every once in a while.

My biggest complaint with him is that he can have a game where he throws some excellent body checks and then can go 20 games without throwing another one. Anyone have an explanation for this that would justify this behavior?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

I just have a feeling (and always have) that it will not quite be enough for some people. I think people really had the wrong idea about him when he was coming up through the system.

Talent wise - Tyutin should be a 10 goal, 45-50 point player. But I'm not sure the sum of his parts will never quite add up to what they should.
Aye.

While Tyutin has not met the offensive expectations of the fans, he is still a solid NHL defenseman. He was exposed in the Pittsburgh series, but so was the entire defensive corps. The only defenseman who has performed according to fans' expectations was Marc Staal and that's only because we are not holding Marc to the same standards since he's a rookie and a 21 year old.

Tyutin to me is a pre-Rangers Sylvain Lefebvre. Solid, not flashy - does not have staggering offensive numbers and does not destroy people physically. Just plays the position well. If we are to trade Tyutin, who would replace him? We already have Malik and Mara leaving via FA, and with Tyutin's departure we're going to have a big hole.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 09:39 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

But, being that type of player does not make him an untouchable. Again, if the right deal is a available, and Tyutin has to be a part of the deal, I have no problem letting him go.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:

This argument doesn't really have anything to do with Tyutin's current troubles.

I remember you bringing this up back when Tyutin was doing well, hitting, playing positionally sound hockey. He just was not putting up points. That seems to be the crux of your argument. That people thought he was going to be a different defender because of his OHL totals and prior success offensively.

But we're talking about a guy who regressed markedly from the second half of the season on. That's not people expecting too much from him or having the wrong idea of him. He stopped hitting, and he was abandoning the solid style of hockey that made him valuable. He became a time bomb with the puck.

It's not a problem for fans to want to know why he lost a form he held for quite some time. He's my favorite player, but I certainly don't feel bad for him.

Old
05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I would do Tyutin + Dawes and a 1st for Dustin Brown.

05-08-2008, 10:44 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
To me, Tyutin is a borderline 2nd pairing defenseman whose progress has been more negative than positive since his arrival. He could elevate his game just by being able to hit the net every once in a while.

My biggest complaint with him is that he can have a game where he throws some excellent body checks and then can go 20 games without throwing another one. Anyone have an explanation for this that would justify this behavior?
pretty much how I feel. I like him and want to give him more time, but if we could get some offensive help for him, I'd deal em.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
But, being that type of player does not make him an untouchable. Again, if the right deal is a available, and Tyutin has to be a part of the deal, I have no problem letting him go.
Who are you going to replace him with? This team only has 4 defensemen under contract as it is, if you trade Tyutin it gets even thinner. He's also only 25, an age at which most defensemen have yet to hit their prime. He's going to get more consistent, and a consistent Tyutin, while not a world beater, is the type of hard hitting reliable player that you need on your blueline.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Same. Doubt they would though.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
That's great. The Kings wouldn't.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 12:55 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
That's great. The Kings wouldn't.
we had our chance with brown in 2003

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
You DO realize that will not even get you a sniff of Dustin Brown for that crapackage do you ?

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 03:59 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Well, he's half Italian so that's a plus, but he had a really bad season this year. I don't know if giving up Tyutin, Prucha, Dawes, AND a first is worth it. I don't think it is. Prucha & Dawes could both combine for more points and Tyutin even though he had a terrible playoff is worth a good amount. Then to throw in a first too? Forget it.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 04:00 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

This is not true. While in the playoffs he wasn't checking for some reason, during the regular season he was #5 among defensemen in hits. So I don't think his "lack" of hitting is a problem normally.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
This is not true. While in the playoffs he wasn't checking for some reason, during the regular season he was #5 among defensemen in hits. So I don't think his "lack" of hitting is a problem normally.
I was referring to his big hits. Every 20 or so games he levels guys with devastating hip checks. Why only 5 a year?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Well, he's half Italian so that's a plus, but he had a really bad season this year. I don't know if giving up Tyutin, Prucha, Dawes, AND a first is worth it. I don't think it is. Prucha & Dawes could both combine for more points and Tyutin even though he had a terrible playoff is worth a good amount. Then to throw in a first too? Forget it.
He's an Italian Jew, he'll go over well in NY.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 04:21 PM
BlairBettsBlocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR_LAT View Post
As seen on the LAK forum... Is Camalleri (sp?) really available ? Was he one of the guys who hated Avery ?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=514102

Folks over there seem ok with a straight up trade for Toots, too...

Toots and a First....

I think I'd do that in a second...

Would you do the deal, and what line would he play on ?
for dawes prucha tyutin and a first? how bout they add brown and o sullivan in the deal

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 04:24 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I think Cammalleri has slightly more value than Tyutin. Would NYR fans do:

To LA: Tyutin and a 2nd

To NY: Cammalleri

Another Cammalleri deal that King fans like is:

To LA: Suter

To Nashville: Cammalleri and the Kings' 2nd

Any deal that nets the Kings a good young defenseman for Cammalleri is a good deal for the Kings. There just has to be some minor addition or subtraction depending on who the defenseman is.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 05:34 PM
segmentation fault

Im more concerned about having to give up a 1st than having to give up Prucha Dawes and Tyutin, is that wrong?

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 06:42 PM
xander

In my opinion, yes that is wrong, but not unexpected on HF boards.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 10:20 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
He's an Italian Jew, he'll go over well in NY.
So True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocks View Post
for dawes prucha tyutin and a first? how bout they add brown and o sullivan in the deal
Yeah, why don't we **** them of Kopitar, JMFJ, and Frolov for Hollweg, Strudwick, Backman, and Wiikman while we're at it.

Sure, this is NHL08, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I think Cammalleri has slightly more value than Tyutin. Would NYR fans do:

To LA: Tyutin and a 2nd

To NY: Cammalleri

Any deal that nets the Kings a good young defenseman for Cammalleri is a good deal for the Kings. There just has to be some minor addition or subtraction depending on who the defenseman is.
I'd like a sign and trade with Cammalleri.

If it was guaranteed that he was signed or that he would sign at a half-way decent price in which we're not paying through the roof for him, I'd do it.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote