HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I have proposed these trades to the Isle's fans

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2004, 01:43 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic
Take your euro-soft headcase, please. You can pair him with Yashin. Couple of real winners you'd have there....

and the Blues with Salvador,Weight,Tkachuk+co, have been as successful winning the cup as the nyi with Yashin,Peca,Hamrlik +co.

Old
05-21-2004, 01:48 PM
guitaraholic*

Mine was a cheap shot and uncalled for. Apologies to Isle's fans. As a Blues fan I have no right to talk smack. I still think you guys vastly overrate Huselius and vastly underrate Salvy but we're not GM's, we're fans.

No harm intended, nor any disrespect.

Old
05-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
and the Blues with Salvador,Weight,Tkachuk+co, have been as successful winning the cup as the nyi with Yashin,Peca,Hamrlik +co.
Atleast we can get by the first round...

Sometimes

Old
05-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix
I've based my tarde proposals on the rumours that Isles want to dump some salary. BTW, Parrish rumour emerged long before trade deadline and I beleive he was not traded only because of the injury he sustained some time before deadline.
Bogy and 2nd for Parrish is very fair deal in terms of what team get in result. And remember, 2nd round pick (Kiprusoff) got Flames to SC Finals... So that's very good price for Parrish.

If Isles need a D, then how about Salvador and 3rd for Parrish?

And mid, noone is going to give you young top-6 forward makig around 1 mil. for RFA Parrish making 2.3 mil and due to raise.

This is an interation of the sort of deals a few of you have been proposing all winter.

The Blues aren't getting Parrish for "Bogy" or Salvador. I like Salvador, but he is not going to be better than #5 on the current Isles. If they move Hamrlik or Aucoin, it would open up a slot in the top four. But, Salvador is not good enough to be counted on for those kind of minutes. So, if they make a move on defense, Parrish is going to have to be used as part of a larger deal to get a higher level dman.

If the Isles did want Salvador, a more realistic deal would be built around players like Martinek, Bates, etc.

"Bogy" basically had one good year in the NH. He reminds me of several other players on the Isles (like Jason Blake or Bates) who are sort of "tweeners." Not really top six forwards, but guys who have been pressed into that role because of lack of depth on the Island. Not the sort of guy the Isles need right now, although I do agree with those of you who think this player can make a valuable contribution to a team. But, why would a team that desperately needs to get bigger and more gritty up front trade for a 5'8" player?

I think you all know that Parrish is worth more than these players, otherwise you wouldn't keep posting deals of this nature. If you got Parrish for Salvador or "Bogy", you'd all be dancing in the streets. And, again, I think you all know that.

As for Demitra, I would argue that his overall package of skills is superior to any player on the Isles current payroll. I've always been impressed by his ability to be a consistent scorer irregardless of who his linemates were. That, to me, is the mark of a player with elite skills. But, the Isles simply aren't going to add a player who makes that kind of money, even if the Blues were willing to eat big contracts in return. The Isles want to get bigger, younger, less expensive, and more gritty up front. Demitra addresses none of those goals.

Final point: The logic that many of you have offered is that it is OK to propose deals that are a bit unrealistic on the grounds that the Isles will make a move to cut $. However, in the last year, only one of these two teams has traded an impact player for $ reasons (do you guys remember Stillman?). And, in fact, it is just as likely that the Blues will cut $ as the Isles. The Blues are simply not in a position to benifit from other team's payroll cuts. In fact, if anything, it might be the case that other teams take advantage of the Blues' payroll situation.

BTW, if you are all convinced the Isles will be looking to dump payroll, why even start with these Demitra proposals to begin with?

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 05-21-2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old
05-21-2004, 04:35 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic
Mine was a cheap shot and uncalled for. Apologies to Isle's fans. As a Blues fan I have no right to talk smack. I still think you guys vastly overrate Huselius and vastly underrate Salvy but we're not GM's, we're fans.

No harm intended, nor any disrespect.

Well I apologize if it seems I'm slighting Salvador or Boguniecki.I would like Salavador,but just think Huselius' potential is greater.

Old
05-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Well I apologize if it seems I'm slighting Salvador or Boguniecki.I would like Salavador,but just think Huselius' potential is greater.

Salavador and Boguniecki are both useful guys. They're just not enough to make me want to part with the only goal scoring winger the Isles have right now.

But, I do disagree with Crew about Huselius. I'd rather have Salvadaor than Huselius, because the Isles already have other wingers like Huselius (in style, if not ability).

Old
05-21-2004, 05:55 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Salavador and Boguniecki are both useful guys. They're just not enough to make me want to part with the only goal scoring winger the Isles have right now.

But, I do disagree with Crew about Huselius. I'd rather have Salvadaor than Huselius, because the Isles already have other wingers like Huselius (in style, if not ability).

I'm not sold on Papineau,I think he's too soft to stay in the east.

Chow's not a longterm answer.If he looks for a raise,I expect the isles will say thanks and let him walk.

Other then Weinhandl and the soft Papineau,I don't see another highly skilled youngster,capable of developing into a top 6 forward on the roster.

Old
05-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
I'm not sold on Papineau,I think he's too soft to stay in the east.

Chow's not a longterm answer.If he looks for a raise,I expect the isles will say thanks and let him walk.

Other then Weinhandl and the soft Papineau,I don't see another highly skilled youngster,capable of developing into a top 6 forward on the roster.

Weinhandl is the same sort of player as Huselius.

The Isles top six next year should be some combo of Kvasha, Yashin, Weinhandl, Hunter, Parrish, Peca, Bates, Blake. Not great, but I personally would take any of those guys before soft Huselius.

Old
05-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
Yashin, Peca, Hunter, Kvasha, Parrish... name me another Islander forward who is better than Boguniecki right now, at this stage of his career.

PrussianBlue

Blake and Scatchard both have two 20 goals seasons to their credit. Both bring attributes to the ice that Boguniecki does not. For example, Scatchard is much bigger and more physical that Boguniecki. Blake is faster, and probably superior defensively.

Weinhandl has accomplished anything yet, but I would view him as more talented overall than Boguniecki. Isles management is pretty high on that kid as well, and he took a regular shift throughout the playoffs.

In answer to your question, I think that, in the Isles top nine, I might rate Bates and Czerkawski (assuming he is on the Island next year) below Boguniecki, although both have some skills that Boguniecki does not. Other forwards that might be less effective overall than Boguniecki include Mapletoft, Goddard, and Papineau.

Above Boguniecki, I'd have Yashin, Kvasha, Weinhandl, Hunter, Peca, Parrish, Scatchard, and Blake. The Isles have a deep set of forwards but they lack high end talent.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 05-21-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Closed Thread