HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008 Draft Talk Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2008, 08:31 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
Tell you what if soldat popinski is right againt with the habs taking jokinen we should give him a medal or something...well should i get a medal too? I predict last year that mcdonagh and fortier would be habs come draft day! Didnt know much about maxpac and if you ask me before the draft about subban/weber i would have said "no ****ing way we draft those 2" lol

Old
05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Tell you what if soldat popinski is right againt with the habs taking jokinen we should give him a medal or something...well should i get a medal too? I predict last year that mcdonagh and fortier would be habs come draft day! Didnt know much about maxpac and if you ask me before the draft about subban/weber i would have said "no ****ing way we draft those 2" lol
Give him a tap in the back for transmitting what TDG is saying from talking to Timmins instead.

Old
05-08-2008, 09:03 PM
guest1467

Well, everyone will get a good look at Wahl, Spokane swept the Hurricanes for their place in the Memorial Cup. He didn't impress me too much when I have seen him, but he did show some good smarts and playmaking abilities. He has 14 points in 21 games this playoffs, which isn't bad, especially considering the amount of veterans on Spokane. He dropped down to 64th on CSS's domestic skaters, so he might also be a viable 3rd round selection.

Old
05-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Well, everyone will get a good look at Wahl, Spokane swept the Hurricanes for their place in the Memorial Cup. He didn't impress me too much when I have seen him, but he did show some good smarts and playmaking abilities. He has 14 points in 21 games this playoffs, which isn't bad, especially considering the amount of veterans on Spokane. He dropped down to 64th on CSS's domestic skaters, so he might also be a viable 3rd round selection.
Actually can't wait to see him. Didn't see him a lot this year but I want to see for myself if the reports that says that he doesn't play physically too much and might even shy away from it are true. I doubt they are but it has to come from people who saw it more than I did. We'll see in the Mem Cup.

Old
05-09-2008, 08:06 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Actually can't wait to see him. Didn't see him a lot this year but I want to see for myself if the reports that says that he doesn't play physically too much and might even shy away from it are true. I doubt they are but it has to come from people who saw it more than I did. We'll see in the Mem Cup.
Imo he is, but this doesnt mean it's an overall trend for him. (He might have been hidding an injury) Thats one information I don't have.

Old
05-09-2008, 10:26 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

If we really want to draft a goalie why not pick mike murphy of belleville? He's a teammate of subban and has been amazing in the ohl this year! Altought was passed in the 07 draft...

Old
05-09-2008, 12:35 PM

Here's an article on Justin Jokinen, a big 6'3, right handed forward.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ustin_jokinen/

A pretty good read.

Old
05-09-2008, 12:46 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I have seen him a few times and I don't think he ever shyed away from it. Definitely saw him get outmuscled and one time absolutely drilled. However, he still did what he had to do, which is good, because he can always bulk up.

Old
05-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyven View Post
Here's an article on Justin Jokinen, a big 6'3, right handed forward.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ustin_jokinen/

A pretty good read.
I wouldn't mind taking him up in the first round...

So far, I want one of those players in the first round:

Deschamps
Jokinen
M. Sauvé

Old
05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
I wouldn't mind taking him up in the first round...

So far, I want one of those players in the first round:

Deschamps
Jokinen
M. Sauvé
Jokinen might be a reach in the first round

Old
05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
I might have agreed but not too sure anymore. The thing is at the position we're at, it's either 25th or 55th. I don't see him being there in our 2nd round pick. So if you really want him bad, you have no choice but to take him that soon.

Wouldn't be surprise to see that happening.

Old
05-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
This year, I don't think a player like Jokinen would be a reach in the first round. In fact, at our spot, I don't think there will be any reach. I find this draft to be wide open, so anything can happen. In the second round, teams preferences will be very different, and a guy with Jokinen's upsides will go soon enough...

Old
05-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Beakermania*

Part 3 started...

Closed Thread