HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

My Ideal 2008-2009 Lineup

Old
05-09-2008, 10:52 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Backman was the laughing stock of the Blues board, and who does he play for now?

And give me a break, how many guys have we seen on our current roster make stupid ass plays and cost us a game? Or at the very least cost us a goal?

Didn't our beloved Sean Avery try to make some behind the back blind pass in one of our regular season games which was picked off and led to a game winner for the other team? Backman turning the puck over behind our net in the Pens series and Dupuis beating Hank high under the cross bar? Rozsival turning the puck over trying to feed the puck to Jagr? Just because McCabe gets more heat for his mistakes, doesn't mean he's any worse than some of ours.
id rather get kaberle but hed cost more. id rather use what we have then trade for overpaid mccabe.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:53 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Backman isn't an ufa.

he has one more year i think its $2.3m

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:54 AM
u8mylife47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
totally agree. id rather sign redden and orpik. trade tyutin prucha dawes for a gritty winger. id luv eric cole, he has speed and goes to the net, with gomez as his playmaker cole can score 35 i would think. he did play with brindamour so he is very solid in his own zone. i dont even know if tyutin prucha dawes would be enough.
Cole, redden and orpik would be great additions.. Although I would be very hesitant to let Tyutin go.

u8mylife47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
id rather get kaberle but hed cost more. id rather use what we have then trade for overpaid mccabe.
Anyone would rather have Kaberle, but he won't be moved for anything less than a massive overpayment.

I'd rather have a guy who can score on the PP, than what we have now. McCabe or not.

McCabe would be our worst defensive defender, but that's not what he's paid for. With guys like Staal, Girardi, Tyutin, Orpik and Baranka, thats enough defense for me.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:57 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
*****-Gomez-Rolston
Avery-Drury-Dawes
Callahan-Dubi-Roenick
Sjostrom-Betts-Korpedo

Streit-Staal
Mara-Hutchinson
Tyutin-Girardi
Sanguinetti/Pock

Lundqvist
Johan Hedberg

yay or nay?

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:57 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
hutch has to be resigned and baranka gets hurt too much and potter needs a few games in exhibition before i put him in top 6. u think we can get cole or a gritting winger like him. we need size. id like malone but i dont think he is a quick skater. cole is very fast.
Like what Struds brings to the team (off the ice). Baranks is injury prone but if he is healthy on opening night and plays well in camp then heck, give him a shot.

Again, I think Potter is ready for 6-7 duties. What is he 23 or 24? I'll have to check.

Hutch is someone that management has to take a long look at signing as a free agent.

Love Cole. His speed and tenacity would be a perfect fit on this team. No, I don't think he is available. But who knows??

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:59 AM
u8mylife47

Quote:
Backman was the laughing stock of the Blues board, and who does he play for now?

And give me a break, how many guys have we seen on our current roster make stupid ass plays and cost us a game? Or at the very least cost us a goal?

Didn't our beloved Sean Avery try to make some behind the back blind pass in one of our regular season games which was picked off and led to a game winner for the other team? Backman turning the puck over behind our net in the Pens series and Dupuis beating Hank high under the cross bar? Rozsival turning the puck over trying to feed the puck to Jagr? Just because McCabe gets more heat for his mistakes, doesn't mean he's any worse than some of ours.

Didn't you say the other day that you were interested in Brian Campbell? Yeah.. theres a defensive dynamo if I've ever seen one.
Are you telling me that having some irresponsible players on our team, justifies signing another one? That ridiculous. Every player makes errors, but it's quite a rarity to see a "star" defenseman making so many amateur plays.. there's literally a highlight reel on youtube of the guy constantly messing up, and costing big goals (ONE TIME HE TOOK A SLAP SHOT INTO HIS OWN NET!.. let alone all the give aways he's given 5 feet from his goal keeper).

and just FYI, I want Backman out of here ASAP... and Campbell is far more consistent than McCabe.

Old
05-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
*****-Gomez-Rolston
Avery-Drury-Dawes
Callahan-Dubi-Roenick
Sjostrom-Betts-Korpedo

Streit-Staal
Mara-Hutchinson
Tyutin-Girardi
Sanguinetti/Pock

Lundqvist
Johan Hedberg

yay or nay?
Roenick, nay.
Streit, yay. Didn't even think about him in mine.
Sanguinetti wont be ready.
Rolston, sure.
Hedberg? Whats wrong with Vally?

Old
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
u8mylife47

Quote:
Anyone would rather have Kaberle, but he won't be moved for anything less than a massive overpayment.

I'd rather have a guy who can score on the PP, than what we have now. McCabe or not.

McCabe would be our worst defensive defender, but that's not what he's paid for. With guys like Staal, Girardi, Tyutin, Orpik and Baranka, thats enough defense for me.
We need more solid defensive guys.. ours can't handle high offensive pressure. McCabe would just increase the glaring hole.

Old
05-09-2008, 11:03 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Roenick, nay.
Rolston, sure.
Roenick is still a great player and would be awesome to be around Dubi since JR played the same style as Dubi seems to.

Actually Hedberg i picked cuz i dont think that Vally is going to be here for some reason next year but i would like to keep Valiquette.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 11:14 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Roenick, nay.
Rolston, sure.
roenick id take only if shanny dont come back.
streit not what we really need. we need a dman with size, not a small forward/small dman.

sang id like him to be ready but only if he is ready.

rolston id take him but only 2 year at most.

hedberg ehhh so so about this one. only if vally leaves

Old
05-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Rags225

Avery (3.5$) - Dubinsky (633K) - Jagr (5.5$)
Korpikoski (1.02$) - Gomez (7.36$) - Hossa (8.0$)
Dawes (950K)- Drury (7.050$) - Callahan (600K)
Sjostrom (800K)- Betts (615K) - Byers (608k)

extra: Colton Orr (550K)

Forwards: $37.216 mil

Liles (3.0$) - Staal (765K)
Tyutin (2.844$) - Girardi (1.5$)
Baranka (475K) - Backman (2.3$)

extra: Pock (.667k)

defense: 10.84

Lundy - (6.875)
Vally - (.6715)

Goalies - 7.5465

total: $55.6025

Kind of tight but it could work if Jagr has a majority of this money in bonuses b/c of the wasted cap hit. Hopefully all the rest of the games in the playoffs go 7 games b/c that will increase revenue and will increase the cap a little more next year.

Could work even better if we don't resign Avery (b/c he wants to much) and give Straka an incentive laden deal w/ a base salary of like $1.5mil in which his incentives can go up to $3. Like 20 goals $1 mil. 65-70 pts pts ($1mil). Ones that arent too easy but that are definately achievable.

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 11:17 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Like what Struds brings to the team (off the ice). Baranks is injury prone but if he is healthy on opening night and plays well in camp then heck, give him a shot.

Again, I think Potter is ready for 6-7 duties. What is he 23 or 24? I'll have to check.

Hutch is someone that management has to take a long look at signing as a free agent.

Love Cole. His speed and tenacity would be a perfect fit on this team. No, I don't think he is available. But who knows??
gomez and cole would work well together

maybe cole gomez callahan or cole gomez sjostrom

Old
05-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8mylife47 View Post
Are you telling me that having some irresponsible players on our team, justifies signing another one? That ridiculous. Every player makes errors, but it's quite a rarity to see a "star" defenseman making so many amateur plays.. there's literally a highlight reel on youtube of the guy constantly messing up, and costing big goals (ONE TIME HE TOOK A SLAP SHOT INTO HIS OWN NET!.. let alone all the give aways he's given 5 feet from his goal keeper).

and just FYI, I want Backman out of here ASAP... and Campbell is far more consistent than McCabe.
Campbell is as much of a defensive liability as anyone on the ice. Not to mention he takes awful penalties on a regular basis. Just because some angry fan made a highlight reel of McCabe making bad plays, doesn't mean thats all he's good for. I won't base my decisions on one fan's way of expressing his anger because his franchise is going nowhere. Besides the fact that those videos are a complete joke. The only bonehead play is the drop pass in front of his own net. The own goal? Accidental. The pass across the ice that was picked off by Recchi? He knocked it out of mid air. Parise did the same thing earlier this season to us.

Campbell could turn the puck over just as easily with one of his "I really should be a forward spin-o-rama" moves.

Niklas Backstrom shot the puck into his own net this year against the Pens. Would you take him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8mylife47 View Post
We need more solid defensive guys.. ours can't handle high offensive pressure. McCabe would just increase the glaring hole.
And paying Brian Campbell at 6 mil per year is going to decrease that hole significantly? I can't go with that.

Old
05-09-2008, 11:34 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Backman isn't an ufa.

he has one more year i think its $2.3m
No, he's RFA. Opportune time to sign in Europe.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Going to Lime Rock Mem day weekend (Monday) Might bring the C6.... You going??
Maybe. I found out this week the event is GT only, no prototypes. If I can finish up this motor swap on the new car in the next 2 weekends, I'll probably be there. Will PM you to be sure we meet up!

Rags225 - Jagr, Avery AND Hossa?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Rags225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Maybe. I found out this week the event is GT only, no prototypes. If I can finish up this motor swap on the new car in the next 2 weekends, I'll probably be there. Will PM you to be sure we meet up!

Rags225 - Jagr, Avery AND Hossa?
w/ some creative contracts ie bonuses for Jagr it is possible. if not Avery can take a hike. Hossa is a much better player, and will provide a serious scoring threat that this team needs. I know i will get killed for saying we shouldn't resign avery on this board but I'm looking at it from a hockey standpoint and not a fan standpoint.

Hossa is a better scorer
Hossa is a better playmaker
Hossa is better at defense
Hossa is better on the PP
Hossa is better on the PK
Hossa will not cause any locker room disruptions
Hossa doesn't take many penalties.

Hossa is a perfect transition from the Jagr era to the Drury, Gomez, Hossa era. he will strengthen up every aspect of the game, except physicality than Avery.

Old
05-09-2008, 11:45 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
No, he's RFA. Opportune time to sign in Europe.
sadly u r wrong http://www.outsidethegarden.com/salaries.asp backman has a contract for next year and then after 08-09 season he will be ufa. watchin him have a standout year cause he is ufa

Old
05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Rags225

Quote:
sadly u r wrong http://www.outsidethegarden.com/salaries.asp backman has a contract for next year and then after 08-09 season he will be ufa. watchin him have a standout year cause he is ufa
wouldn't mind that one bit at all.

Old
05-09-2008, 11:58 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Avery (3.5$) - Dubinsky (633K) - Jagr (5.5$)
Korpikoski (1.02$) - Gomez (7.36$) - Hossa (8.0$)
Dawes (950K)- Drury (7.050$) - Callahan (600K)
Sjostrom (800K)- Betts (615K) - Byers (608k)

extra: Colton Orr (550K)

Forwards: $37.216 mil

Liles (3.0$) - Staal (765K)
Tyutin (2.844$) - Girardi (1.5$)
Baranka (475K) - Backman (2.3$)

extra: Pock (.667k)

defense: 10.84

Lundy - (6.875)
Vally - (.6715)

Goalies - 7.5465

total: $55.6025

Kind of tight but it could work if Jagr has a majority of this money in bonuses b/c of the wasted cap hit. Hopefully all the rest of the games in the playoffs go 7 games b/c that will increase revenue and will increase the cap a little more next year.

Could work even better if we don't resign Avery (b/c he wants to much) and give Straka an incentive laden deal w/ a base salary of like $1.5mil in which his incentives can go up to $3. Like 20 goals $1 mil. 65-70 pts pts ($1mil). Ones that arent too easy but that are definately achievable.
That is a pretty good lineup, I just think that Liles might get more then $3 million per. Somewhere around $4-$5 million might be his asking price, puttin the Rangers over the cap. I'm also guessing you are dealing Prucha away because you didn't put him in the line up nor is he an extra, because his $1.7 million (or whatever he gets) would count against the cap as well.

The D still seems a bit weak and very young, but that is more than likely what the Rangers D will look like next season. We know Backman, Staal, Tyutin, and Girardi will be there (barring any deals). The remaining two spots could be filled by UFA or one of the two could be filled by a prospect. I would still like the Rangers to give Orpik and Liles a look for those last two spots. Only way that would be feasible would be if Hossa wasn't signed. Gotta weigh your options. Do you want more offensive depth or upgrading the blueline?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 12:05 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
thought i'd give it a try seeing as everyone else is.

OFFENSE

Avery($3.3m)-Dubinsky($0.635)-Jagr($7m)

Dawes($1m)-Gomez($7.35m)-Rolston($4.5m)

Korpikoski($1m)-Drury($7.05m)-Callahan($0.575k)

Sjostrom($0.900k)-Betts($0.615k)-Orr($0.535k)

Byers($0.600k)

DEFENSE

Kaberle($4.250)-Staal($0.825k)

Orpik($3.0m)-Girardi($1.5m)

Baranka($0.550k)-Mara($2m)

Strudwick($0.650k)

GOALTENDING

Lundqvist($6.875)

Valliquette($0.750)

$51.460m

ADD DEFERERRED BONUSES NOT SURE HOW MUCH

TRADES

Tyutin, Anisimov & 1st rnd pick for Tomas Kaberle-( we are strong down the middle and that is why i added Anisimov we lose the 1st rnd pick but it is used for a problem that needs addressed, tyutin didn't have the best of year but thats not why he is in, he holds value)( assuming Kaberle waives his NTC)

Backman, Prucha & Hollweg for picks -(basically take what you can)(Prucha has had lots of chances but he just doesn't fit here and wont get the minutes he requires, Hollweg take 20 malboro for him if need be, Backman showed in the playoffs why St Louis wanted him out)

REASONS

1st line- just going back to what was working

2nd line- line of speed and rolston can add some scoring

3rd line- put Korpedo with Drury as a mentor for him, fast and good high energy line

4th line - much the same Orr needs to be there for toughness, Sjo adds speed and Betts is perfect 4th liner

1st d-pairing- Kaberle is just what our pp needs replaces Rozsival and he WILL shoot, Staal will be a year stronger, more sound positionally and a years experience under him

2nd d-pairing- Orpik adds toughness to our defense aand Girardi who can make mistakes will be with someone who can cover

3rd pairing- Baranka is ready barring injuries and Mara has been solid if not spectacular

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN

Last edited by z1co80: 05-09-2008 at 12:59 PM.
z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Rags225

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
That is a pretty good lineup, I just think that Liles might get more then $3 million per. Somewhere around $4-$5 million might be his asking price, puttin the Rangers over the cap. I'm also guessing you are dealing Prucha away because you didn't put him in the line up nor is he an extra, because his $1.7 million (or whatever he gets) would count against the cap as well.

The D still seems a bit weak and very young, but that is more than likely what the Rangers D will look like next season. We know Backman, Staal, Tyutin, and Girardi will be there (barring any deals). The remaining two spots could be filled by UFA or one of the two could be filled by a prospect. I would still like the Rangers to give Orpik and Liles a look for those last two spots. Only way that would be feasible would be if Hossa wasn't signed. Gotta weigh your options. Do you want more offensive depth or upgrading the blueline?

Liles probably might get $4 mil i don't think $5. Prucha I would trade in this scenario although I would keep him if I needed to get Liles and just let Avery walk away. Again this is just to keep Hossa and Liles which I think are more important than Avery. I don't know where I would put him maybe on the 1st maybe on the third and move Dawes to first line. Not sure. or do the Straka incentive laden deal and not sign Avery, and get rid of Prucha. Options are good to have.

i don't want the Rangers to go after 2 dmen as it will cause problems the year after b/c our youts are all getting ready and will be up in a year or two probably max. So go after either Liles or orpik but not both. me personally I think we go after offense. Our team plays a great team defense and Staal will improve. We needed more offensive firepower this year and a capable PP QB. Would rather have Liles than Orpik.

Again I hate Shanny for his contract that will bite us in the ass next year, for his 1 playoff goal. I hope you never don Ranger blue again you worthless SOB.

Old
05-09-2008, 12:38 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Liles probably might get $4 mil i don't think $5. Prucha I would trade in this scenario although I would keep him if I needed to get Liles and just let Avery walk away. Again this is just to keep Hossa and Liles which I think are more important than Avery. I don't know where I would put him maybe on the 1st maybe on the third and move Dawes to first line. Not sure. or do the Straka incentive laden deal and not sign Avery, and get rid of Prucha. Options are good to have.

i don't want the Rangers to go after 2 dmen as it will cause problems the year after b/c our youts are all getting ready and will be up in a year or two probably max. So go after either Liles or orpik but not both. me personally I think we go after offense. Our team plays a great team defense and Staal will improve. We needed more offensive firepower this year and a capable PP QB. Would rather have Liles than Orpik.

Again I hate Shanny for his contract that will bite us in the ass next year, for his 1 playoff goal. I hope you never don Ranger blue again you worthless SOB
Classy.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Rags225

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Classy.
i try. I'm just pissed at his contract. actually I have been since he signed it. he never lived up to it and now its screwing us for next year. and i hope he never plays for the Rangers again. He slows the team down, and really doesn't add that much anymore. it's time to move on from him.

Old
05-09-2008, 01:00 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
w/ some creative contracts ie bonuses for Jagr it is possible. if not Avery can take a hike. Hossa is a much better player, and will provide a serious scoring threat that this team needs. I know i will get killed for saying we shouldn't resign avery on this board but I'm looking at it from a hockey standpoint and not a fan standpoint.

Hossa is a better scorer
Hossa is a better playmaker
Hossa is better at defense
Hossa is better on the PP
Hossa is better on the PK
Hossa will not cause any locker room disruptions
Hossa doesn't take many penalties.

Hossa is a perfect transition from the Jagr era to the Drury, Gomez, Hossa era. he will strengthen up every aspect of the game, except physicality than Avery.
It's hard to argue that.

I'd love Hossa on this team.

The only problem is, can we afford it. And what does the rest of the team look like.

If we sign Hossa, i believe we will have to let both Jagr and Avery go. And sign one of Ryder or Malone as well.

If they want to make that transition for Jagr's Rangers to the new generation, then maybe they should do it now, rather then delay the process.

I agree, from a fan standpoint (Jagr being my favorite Ranger) it sucks. But from a smart hockey standpoint, it may be best.

Let Jagr, Shanahan, Avery, Straka, Mara, Malik go to free agency.

Shave some more salary by trading Prucha, Backman, Hollweg.

Malone (4.5) - Dubinsky (0.635) - Hossa (8) -------------- (13.135)
Ryder (3.5) - Gomez (8) - Dawes (0.635) ------------------- (12.135)
Anisimov (0.850) - Drury (7.050) - Korpikoski (1.018) --- (8.918)
Callahan (0.575) - Betts (0.615) - Byers (0.609) --------- (1.799)
Orr (0.538), Sjostrom (0.800) ------------------------------- (1.338)

Forward TOTAL = 37.325

Staal (0.867) - Orpik (3) ------------------------------------- (3.867)
Tyutin (2.850) - Girardi (1.550) ----------------------------- (4.400)
Baranka (0.650) - Mara (2) ---------------------------------- (2.65)
Strudwick (0.500) --------------------------------------------- (0.500)

Defense TOTAL = 11.417

Lundqvist (6.875)
Valiquette (0.618)

Goaltending TOTAL = 7.493

Team TOTAL = 56.235

I'm sure there is more to it then that, like deferred bonuses and stuff.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 05-09-2008 at 01:06 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote