HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm still mad

Old
05-09-2008, 08:17 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

vCash: 500
I'm still mad

I'm still mad that...
we aren't still in the playoffs and there are 4 teams still playing and the Habs aren't
we should have beat those Flyers
Carey Price failed us. He never did a Roy rookie impersonation
we only won 1 round of the playoffs. When was the last time we won 2?
that Briere dissed us because we weren't playoff contenders and then his team beat us in the playoffs
no one else is mad - you all have accepted this and think is acceptable
that it's been since 93 since we won a cup
that my 1993 stanley cup shirt has so many holes in it that I can't wear it and I can't replace it with a 2008 stanley cup t-shirt

It's depressing.

Is there a support group or are you all happy Habs fans?

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
I'm still mad that...
we aren't still in the playoffs and there are 4 teams still playing and the Habs aren't
that Briere dissed us because we weren't playoff contenders and then his team beat us in the playoffs
that my 1993 stanley cup shirt has so many holes in it that I can't wear it and I can't replace it with a 2008 stanley cup t-shirt

It's depressing.

I've not accepted it... that's why I'm off hockey till the Draft.. u know till there is new "Hope"

I know how u feel, there is a Support group

irc.blacklove.net

#ApeClutchsLoveTherapySupportGroupRoom

all girls over 15 and under 50 are welcome

the dudes can come too

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:27 PM
BCShark

haha im still not over the sharks loss either...

BCShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:33 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
No offense but if your a Habs fan you should be shot for putting this Avatar on. I've never understood why you guys have the right to tick the crap out of the rest of us Habs fans...the least you can do is post less..

if your a Flyer fan...well get the F out of here....come bug us when you guys are out after this round

Edit: I guess that means i'm still mad myself...perfect thread...

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:37 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
I'm still mad that...

It's depressing.

A typical Habs Fan. When all looks great you praise and dance, when it looked gloomy you shoot them down your own team, Price is 20 years old give the kid a break.
Get over it.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:38 PM
le_sean

Please, strap on the pads and give us your Roy impression. I'd love to see it.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Habs

I'm mad too, I'll meet you at the support group. Now since I'm cheering for Philly, I bet Biron comes down to earth, plays like the average goalie he is.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
No offense but if your a Habs fan you should be shot for putting this Avatar on. I've never understood why you guys have the right to tick the crap out of the rest of us Habs fans...the least you can do is post less..

if your a Flyer fan...well get the F out of here....come bug us when you guys are out after this round

he lost a bet. Some people have faith in the habs and are willing to put things on the line.

He is a real fan, bugger off.

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=513884

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Kirk Muller

I am more mad that for the next 5+ months we will likely have to listen to this type of drivel.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:41 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
A typical Habs Fan. When all looks great you praise and dance, when it looked gloomy you shoot them down your own team, Price is 20 years old give the kid a break.
Get over it.
Yeah just what we need is a Leafs fan on this thread. Your team is so pathetic that you are quite accepting that the Leafs haven't won since 67. It cheers me up a bit that at least I'm not a Leafs fan.

Old
05-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

Thats rich..... a habs fan who voluntarily put Cindy Crybaby in his avatar complaining about a habs fan who has a flyers avatar cause he lost a bet. I hate both those teams.

P.S. I'm a habs fan too, I bet both my username and Avatar.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Zeus54
Trollololol

After game 5, I was so angered that I felt like breaking somebody's neck. I watched a movie and a basketball game after to try to calm me down, but I couldn't get the bitter loss out of my head. It wasn't even all about the loss, it was about how we lost the game. Up 3-1 and the team choked. Reminded me of game 82 last year against the Leafs. But, i'm over it, took me a day or two to recover. Not to mention my other favorite team the Rangers got knocked out the following day.

I'm used to my teams letting me down all the time. Mets 2006 NLCS, Mets 2007 major collapse, UNC's collapse to G'town in 2007 tourney, UNC's no show to Kansas in 2008 tourney, Patriots major **** up in SBXLII, and I never seen the Rangers or Habs get past the 2nd round of the playoffs (i'm 17). Depressing.

Zeus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:48 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
he lost a bet. Some people have faith in the habs and are willing to put things on the line.

He is a real fan, bugger off.
If he's got a right to shove the Flyers don't my throat i've got the right to be upset about it...bet or no bet

As far as i'm concerned the real fans are the ones not willing to stoop low enough to do something like that...don't like what i say do me a favor and add me to my ignore list...i've got a right to voice my displeasure

Edit: Anyways i'm not here to start a shoving match...like i said i'm voicing my displeasure...plain and simple...

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zeus54
Trollololol

Quote:
Yeah just what we need is a Leafs fan on this thread. Your team is so pathetic that you are quite accepting that the Leafs haven't won since 67. It cheers me up a bit that at least I'm not a Leafs fan.
Ugh, dude, he's a Habs fan.

Zeus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
le_sean

Quote:
The guy gave our team and Price praise, why insult him?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
If he's got a right to shove the Flyers don't my throat i've got the right to be upset about it...bet or no bet

As far as i'm concerned the real fans are the ones not willing to stoop low enough to do something like that...don't like what i say do me a favor and add me to my ignore list...i've got a right to voice my displeasure
I still say its pretty hypocritical to complain about a flyers avatar on the habs board when you are wearing a penguins one.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:57 PM
binaryfinary

Quote:

Edit: Anyways i'm not here to start a shoving match...like i said i'm voicing my displeasure...plain and simple...

Are you paying attention? He is a habs fan who was confident in his team so he bet they would advance past the second round. He lost the bet so he has to keep his word and change to a flyers avatar. How is that stooping low, cause he has the honor to keep his word or the confidence to bet on his team??

binaryfinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Corey

Quote:
I'm still mad that...

It's depressing.

Hey, if Price was the villain, there were a lot of other Hab players as well as coaches who were accomplices. Also, I don't think that would have done any better with Huet or Halak in goal. Not only that, you may be overestimating the team. Did you expect them to go from non-playoff status to Stanley Cup winners overnight? Look at Pittsburgh, which is still in the race. In the last 5 years the Penguins have had 4 overall picks in the top 5 and were able to acquire Marian Hossa as well. Carey Price was the only top 5 pick the Habs have head in ages and Mike Komisarek was the only other pick in the top 10.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
I am more mad that for the next 5+ months we will likely have to listen to this type of drivel.
Offseasons in Montreal are becoming more and more painful

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 09:08 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

#1 in the east kind of raises expectations a bit. Having Carey in nets with the memory of Roy in 86 raises expectations. Some of you are too young to remember.

I'll get over it. Just venting a bit. I mean my wife got "what not to wear" on the tube. It''ll drive any guy mad when I should be watching a Habs game instead.

And it's starting to sink in since yesterday and today when round 3 is here and we aren't in it. depressing. I'm just checking to see if it's affecting anyone else?

I guess we still have hope for next year, but not ready for that stage yet. I'm at the anger stage. Isn't there 12 steps? I remember a Simpson episode about 12 steps when Homer and Marge were separated.

Old
05-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:

Here's something.Do what you want to do,and let the others do the same,right?
Ironic to see you complain about some Habs fans sporting a Flyers avatar because they lost a bet when you got a Penguin one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Please, strap on the pads and give us your Roy impression. I'd love to see it.
I've got this theory that when we build our expectations to a very high level,and then the team doesn't reach our expectations,someone has to be scapegoated and the disappointment needs to be on someone's else fault,never on our own expectations.

This place is freaking predictable.Be realistic at least and consider the situation.If you thought that Price would've immediately pulled a Roy,I understand your disappointment.It's a very rare feat to accomplish and Price needed to take some playoff experience.He's got some of it,and I think he'll bounce back next year and in the playoffs(if we make it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Hey, if Price was the villain, there were a lot of other Hab players as well as coaches who were accomplices. Also, I don't think that would have done any better with Huet or Halak in goal. Not only that, you may be overestimating the team. Did you expect them to go from non-playoff status to Stanley Cup winners overnight? Look at Pittsburgh, which is still in the race. In the last 5 years the Penguins have had 4 overall picks in the top 5 and were able to acquire Marian Hossa as well. Carey Price was the only top 5 pick the Habs have head in ages and Mike Komisarek was the only other pick in the top 10.
Best post I've read all day.Absolute perfection doesn't exist,only in the minds of delusional/overcritical fairweather fans.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 05-09-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 09:56 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
Here's something.Do what you want to do,and let the others do the same,right?
Ironic to see you complain about some Habs fans sporting a Flyers avatar because they lost a bet when you got a Penguin one.

I've got this theory that when we build our expectations to a very high level,and then the team doesn't reach our expectations,someone has to be scapegoated and the disappointment needs to be on someone's else fault,never on our own expectations.

This place is freaking predictable.Be realistic at least and consider the situation.If you thought that Price would've immediately pulled a Roy,I understand your disappointment.It's a very rare feat to accomplish and Price needed to take some playoff experience.He's got some of it,and I think he'll bounce back next year and in the playoffs(if we make it)

Best post I've read all day.Absolute perfection doesn't exist,only in the minds of delusional/overcritical fairweather fans.

uh .. hey billy?

are you from toronto or the U.S?
what was your old username?

LOL

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:24 PM
ed ible*

I love my Habs to death................and yes I was really upset when they were put out.
What heals me.
It really helps me to come on here and vent after a loss or in this case being eliminated..........and because I dont care about anybody but my habs, get involved in a playoff pool and dont select any Habs players...........you wont believe what that can do for you when your team is eliminated and you are first in the pool. Its like having a new hockey life.

Try it, it works.

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote