HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Gatineau Olympiques win the cup!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2008, 10:27 PM
  #1
Boulette Cannon
Registered User
 
Boulette Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
OT: Gatineau Olympiques win the cup!

GO HULL GO! The Olympiques just won in 5 against the Huskies.

Claude Giroux is insane.


Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:31 PM
  #2
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go
 
cjbhab*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
GO HULL GO! The Olympiques just won in 5 against the Huskies.

Claude Giroux is insane.

I wonder if the flyers know his name yet..

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:33 PM
  #3
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,799
vCash: 1651
I picked the Huskies to win but after watching 4 of the 5 games in the final, wow was I ever wrong.

Gatineau is a powerhouse

The line of Giroux(best junior player in the country this season imo), Byron and Pistilli is incredible.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:33 PM
  #4
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Giroux was the guy I wanted in 2006. I still think he would've been a better choice. Great to see him do well.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:34 PM
  #5
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,663
vCash: 500
Now i wonder in how many hours some poster will come up with the "Why didnt the Habs pick Giroux" thread...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:52 PM
  #6
Boulette Cannon
Registered User
 
Boulette Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
But why!

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
  #7
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Now i wonder in how many hours some poster will come up with the "Why didnt the Habs pick Giroux" thread...

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 11:03 PM
  #8
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,272
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I picked the Huskies to win but after watching 4 of the 5 games in the final, wow was I ever wrong.

Gatineau is a powerhouse

The line of Giroux(best junior player in the country this season imo), Byron and Pistilli is incredible.
who is this wasp?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 11:06 PM
  #9
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,799
vCash: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
who is this wasp?
19 year old from mtl who got 90+ points this season

They have another one too.. Stinziani, but he's nothing special.
not going anywhere after junior majors

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 12:02 AM
  #10
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
we should draft Pistilli

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 05:24 AM
  #11
Transported Upstater
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Take care, all. :)
Country: United States
Posts: 22,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
who is this wasp?
You meant wop, in which case I'd verbally kick your ass if I didn't see the Italian flag in your profile.

WASP = White Anglo Saxon Protestant
WOP = Without Papers; an ethnic slur referring to Italian immigrant who forgot/lost their immigration papers at the turn of the 20th century

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 09:38 AM
  #12
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
we should draft Pistilli
I dont know man....It sounds like a VD.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 09:48 AM
  #13
Boulette Cannon
Registered User
 
Boulette Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Pistilli reminds me of Micheal Ryder. Bad skater, but good sniping skills. He's pretty good at protecting the puck too (wich isn't Ryder-esque). Its not always pretty, but he gets things done.

Byron has been drafted by Buffalo. Exactly the type of player they want. Small, extremely fast and good hands.

btw, Giroux had 51pts in the playoffs setting a franchise record.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-10-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 09:55 AM
  #14
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Even if the Moose got swept by Gatineau in the play-offs..

Voracek > Giroux.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 09:55 AM
  #15
Boulette Cannon
Registered User
 
Boulette Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Patrik Prokop is undrafted and he's the best D of the Olympiques. Hubert Labrie might also be a good one in the years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Even if the Moose got swept by Gatineau in the play-offs..

Voracek > Giroux.
Totally random post.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 05-10-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 10:01 AM
  #16
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,799
vCash: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Even if the Moose got swept by Gatineau in the play-offs..

Voracek > Giroux.
Certainly not in the playoffs.

I had the chance to watch Giroux all year long and caught a couple of Varacek's games (about 6-7 in the season).

in the playoffs, I watch the entire first round for Halfifax and the 3 first games of the 2nd round, Voracek showed up to maybe 1 of those 9 games.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 10:07 AM
  #17
Boulette Cannon
Registered User
 
Boulette Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Certainly not in the playoffs.

I had the chance to watch Giroux all year long and caught a couple of Varacek's games (about 6-7 in the season).

in the playoffs, I watch the entire first round for Halfifax and the 3 first games of the 2nd round, Voracek showed up to maybe 1 of those 9 games.
You fell for it.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 10:48 AM
  #18
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, cālisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,962
vCash: 500
Groulx has proven he's the best coach of the league and certainly one of the top 3 in the CHL. He's got nothing left to prove there. He needs to move on to the AHL, and he will this summer. Heard it from a solid source.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 10:55 AM
  #19
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Certainly not in the playoffs.

I had the chance to watch Giroux all year long and caught a couple of Varacek's games (about 6-7 in the season).

in the playoffs, I watch the entire first round for Halfifax and the 3 first games of the 2nd round, Voracek showed up to maybe 1 of those 9 games.
I won't deny that Voracek was not nearly as menacing in these play-offs but it's not indicative of how he performs in those situations. Last year vs. Lewiston, Voracek was the only reason they were in any of those games.

You give me the choice, I take Voracek each and everytime.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 10:57 AM
  #20
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,799
vCash: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I won't deny that Voracek was not nearly as menacing in these play-offs but it's not indicative of how he performs in those situations. Last year vs. Lewiston, Voracek was the only reason they were in any of those games.

You give me the choice, I take Voracek each and everytime.
ya but im not talking last year.

i said this year..Giroux is the best player. I think its hard to disagree with that

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 10:59 AM
  #21
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
ya but im not talking last year.

i said this year..Giroux is the best player. I think its hard to disagree with that
Maybe, I saw Giroux once in the Q. He scored two weak goals on Pelletier and set up another one. Pelletier got pulled and Yetman came back in. The game was seemingly over until Voracek pulled a four point night out of nowhere and won the game for the Mooseheads.

That battle of Giroux vs. Voracek, Voracek hugely crushed Giroux. Again, one game, that's it.. but I wasn't highly impressed with Giroux in the WJC this year.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 11:07 AM
  #22
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, cālisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Maybe, I saw Giroux once in the Q. He scored two weak goals on Pelletier and set up another one. Pelletier got pulled and Yetman came back in. The game was seemingly over until Voracek pulled a four point night out of nowhere and won the game for the Mooseheads.

That battle of Giroux vs. Voracek, Voracek hugely crushed Giroux. Again, one game, that's it.. but I wasn't highly impressed with Giroux in the WJC this year.
After seeing a lot of Piques games this year, I can safely say that Giroux shoudln't have been playing in the Q this year, but in the AHL. He was wayyyyyy too strong for the league. In most games, every time he took control of the puck, he would be a man amongst kids. It was absolutely sickening. In the playoffs, he put Voracek in his backpocket from the get go. Voracek was not even CLOSE to Giroux's magnificience and game savvy. Voracek was contained pretty easily, compared to Giroux.

Before getting Quesnel and complete a better 2nd line unit, the Piques' offence was on Giroux's. All teams had to do was shut down his line and that was it. And it happened on some nights. But on others, boy...

The only reason why Giroux didn't finish 1st in points this season was because of the worlds. If he would have stayed in the league, my guess is he would have finished with at least 10 points over his closest opponent. The playoffs proved it.

The guy was too strong for the Q.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 11:25 AM
  #23
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
After seeing a lot of Piques games this year, I can safely say that Giroux shoudln't have been playing in the Q this year, but in the AHL. He was wayyyyyy too strong for the league. In most games, every time he took control of the puck, he would be a man amongst kids. It was absolutely sickening. In the playoffs, he put Voracek in his backpocket from the get go. Voracek was not even CLOSE to Giroux's magnificience and game savvy. Voracek was contained pretty easily, compared to Giroux.

Before getting Quesnel and complete a better 2nd line unit, the Piques' offence was on Giroux's. All teams had to do was shut down his line and that was it. And it happened on some nights. But on others, boy...

The only reason why Giroux didn't finish 1st in points this season was because of the worlds. If he would have stayed in the league, my guess is he would have finished with at least 10 points over his closest opponent. The playoffs proved it.

The guy was too strong for the Q.
I don't really care that we didn't pick Giroux. He's not going to bring anything new to this team that's not already in place or coming up. Sure he's got offensive talent, but in the WJC he showed he was inconsistent at key times. He's not big, he doesn't play big and wouldn't add that much different of a dynamic to our offence.

I can certainly see why our scouts went for Fischer instead. You don't get too many smooth skating defencemen with the offensive upside and hockey smarts of Fischer who is as tall as he is. He needs to put on weight and he's got a long developmental road in front of him, but if he becomes what the scouts thought he would, well, he's going to be a commodity that's seldolm seen around the NHL. I prefer that risk than to add another soft-ish offensive player who put up big numbers in the Q.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 11:27 AM
  #24
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
The best player on 'Piques team is not Claude Giroux... It's Benoit Groulx, the coach. This guy is the real deal, a future NHLer... We should get him to coach the Bulldogs.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 11:53 AM
  #25
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,141
vCash: 500
**** Giroux, he's a Flyer.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.