HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Wheel Is Striped-Sugestions

Old
05-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Fan of The Game

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fan of The Game
Wheel Is Striped-Sugestions

Hey,

My wheel on my inline skate is stripped and can't get it out. Any suggestions? Anything would very appreciated.

Paul

Fan of The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Nosebleed Section

You mean like the bolt?

Cut a notch across it and use a flathead screwdriver.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 07:59 PM
MikeD

You can also pick up a cheap product at the local home depot or value home center. Its called an EASY OUT. they come in a set of 3 or 4. You tap the correct size to fit the stripped allen location. This is not the type for DRILLING. the tip of the tool will NOT have a drill bit look to it.

If the allen is metric, see if an english size may still get some bite or Vice Versa if english. If you can find one close and gently tap into hole with hammer, grab with a vice grip or adjustable wrench, down as close to axle as possible. you may get it to pop free.

http://www.worldwidetooltruck.com/product/ALD8440P something like these....

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
You can also pick up a cheap product at the local home depot or value home center. Its called an EASY OUT. they come in a set of 3 or 4. You tap the correct size to fit the stripped allen location. This is not the type for DRILLING. the tip of the tool will NOT have a drill bit look to it.

If the allen is metric, see if an english size may still get some bite or Vice Versa if english. If you can find one close and gently tap into hole with hammer, grab with a vice grip or adjustable wrench, down as close to axle as possible. you may get it to pop free.

http://www.worldwidetooltruck.com/product/ALD8440P something like these....

Here's a better view of this product. I have one at home and it's a very useful tool.

http://www.asseenontv1.com/grab/?gcl...FQm4sgodaCV3wQ

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 09:35 AM
MikeD

The not so high tech version of these has a simple square tip and are more difficult to use with success. The grabit is prob one of the best extractor tools available and one set will last a lifetime. Well worth the small investment. Being a machinist working with many insert type tooling, i deal with stripped screws frequently. From small T6 to T35 torx and other assorted bolts and retainer screws. The tool works very well. A stripped screw removal is just 30 seconds away.

Alum. axels can seize up in the Stainless or chromed nut. Never-Sieze will prevent rusting and bond siezing of reactive metals. At any auto parts store they sell small packets of the product for about a buck. Same product used to put on the spark plug threads before installing. When ever I get myself or children new equipment I will take each screw out and give each a dab. Saves you lots of problems later on.

When you do get your axles back in remember to not over tighten. You only need to snug them.

Last edited by MikeD: 05-11-2008 at 09:54 AM.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote