HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Plumbing problem

Old
05-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Iwishihadacup

vCash: 500
OT: Plumbing problem

Hi guys, the janitor of my block is kinda absent so i would like you to hear about my problem.

two days ago, the tap of my bathtub/shower started not closing completely, leaving a small water amount flowing permanently, it bugges me so i tried to use some pincers in order to make sure it leaked less. The result, my hot tap handle seems to be transformed in some kind of eternal screw while the little water flowing keeps going, and my janitor does not answer when i go knock on his door... Anyone have any experience in that?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 01:34 PM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Hi guys, the janitor of my block is kinda absent so i would like you to hear about my problem.

two days ago, the tap of my bathtub/shower started not closing completely, leaving a small water amount flowing permanently, it bugges me so i tried to use some pincers in order to make sure it leaked less. The result, my hot tap handle seems to be transformed in some kind of eternal screw while the little water flowing keeps going, and my janitor does not answer when i go knock on his door... Anyone have any experience in that?
Sounds like it just needs a few rubber seal....minor problem. Sounds like the tap is stripped now thou. Can be replaced by a few bucks. You can buy a single tap and seals at any local hardware store.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 01:49 PM
jacklours

Hey there,

Start by shutting the water off.

-Then pop off the little cap over top of your handle (usually it's the little plastic cap with the letter C for Chaud on it)
-There should be a screw in there, most likely all rusted, so make sure you are careful when you unscrew it or else you'll just end up with a screw tout dégeulé
-Turn counter-clockwise to unscrew.
-Remove the handle
- Use a pair of pliers the metal thing ''cartouche'' that is in there, make sure you are unscrewing the whole thing and not just the top. Unscrewing only the top would come down to doing the same thing your handle does.
-That's it, check for any rubber that seem damaged, if your not sure, change them all. These rubbers should cost about 3.29$ at any good RONA store (hmmm, I wonder how I know that)
-Repeat the same thing with the cold water since you're already in there with tools.

P.S. Once you have unscrew the ''cartouche'' check the hole with your pinky to see if the seats are damaged or not. If it feels smooth then it is in good condition, if not then change those as well as they will wear the rubbers down fast.

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 01:52 PM
jacklours

Last thing, come back to me and tell me how it went. Thx

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Iwishihadacup

ok... ill be back

Old
05-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Iwishihadacup

finally, i will ask my janitor for the plumber job

Old
05-11-2008, 02:38 PM
mcphee

Is it just me or is the fact that cold and chaude both start with the letter C, one of God's cruel little jokes ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 02:42 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Is it just me or is the fact that cold and chaude both start with the letter C, one of God's cruel little jokes ?
Its God's joke on colorblind anglos...

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 02:44 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Its God's joke on colorblind anglos...
One of the many. What % of taps in QC you figure have blue C's where they should have red ?

Old
05-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Dripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
One of the many. What % of taps in QC you figure have blue C's where they should have red ?
Meh, cold water is always on the right and hot water on the left. But it might be a funny joke to switch the taps

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Meh, cold water is always on the right and hot water on the left. But it might be a funny joke to switch the taps
Dripper answering a plumbing problem? Coincidence? I don't think so...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 06:11 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
I thought the best comeback was , 'depends on the % of anglos in the province'. I have full confidence AD would've come back with this, he must've gone out.