HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund: Jose Theodore to Ottawa (e4)

Old
05-09-2008, 04:37 PM
EatSleepJeep

vCash: 500
The real question is, how do we get him to Detroit?

EatSleepJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 06:10 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Neither do I. I just find it interesting how many players in Montreal can go from really good, to really bad... with a little help from the pressure of playing for the CH.
Funny how he got to be so good under that same pressure winning the Vezina. Then went on to sign a lucrative contract paying him way too much for what he was to bring to the table in the coming years. When he was removed from "evil Habs fans" and the pressure they create and went to Colorado he still blew for all of last season and rarely saw the net. Were the CH fans cursing him then?

He had a good season in his contract year...yet again, and is now being touted as a front line goalie. Key to Theo is to sign him to a one year deal every year so he performs like he does in the final year of every long term contract he's ever signed when he is finally motivated enough to take it to the next level and win.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Something tells me its gonna be Theodore and Kolzig in goals for the Sens next season.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

The sens should trade Heatley + something for Brodeur + something if they want a chance at the cup

Of course it's never gonna happen. But it'd be real interesting if it did.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
chitownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Shouldn't they offload some of the contracts they already have in the pipes before adding another couple million to the payroll?
To my way of thinking this rumour strains the credibility of Eklund and here is why...

Emery is signed for next year @ $3.25M and the 2009-2010 year for $3.5M.

Gerber is signed for next year @ $3.7M and then becomes a UFA.

That totals almost $7M for the goalie position for next year! Way too much.

Assuming that Theo is offered at least $4M for his services [he made $6M this past season and is now a UFA for next season or after July 1], how can Ottawa afford it and stay within the cap?

I believe Sens management has already stated that Emery isn't returning, but it is going to cost them to buyout his contract. Just too much money invested in the goaltending position, therefore it is poor fiscal management IMO.

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote