HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior Dolomite 2008

Old
05-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 500
Warrior Dolomite 2008

Is this a shooter's stick or a playmaker's stick? I pass a lot so I need a stick that is good for making amazing passes. If it is a playmaker's stick what curve is best for passing? And what other sticks are good for passing?

Please help me out!

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 12:06 AM
We'reGonnaWin*

The player makes the stick. The stick doesn't make the player.
I'd worry more about practicing than the 2008 Dolomite, which is the same as the 2007 Dolo....and the 2006.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 02:06 AM
MG91

It is all personal preferance.

But if you want some details on the stick,

I have one and love it. It is light as hell and feels as balanced as any stick I've ever had. The blade is stiff yet light. Its got a great release.

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 04:07 AM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaal View Post
It is all personal preferance.

But if you want some details on the stick,

I have one and love it. It is light as hell and feels as balanced as any stick I've ever had. The blade is stiff yet light. Its got a great release.
"So is a stiff blade good for passing? Is a balanced stick good for passing?"

-- A stiff blade and a balanced stick is what any hockey player wants. Regardless of whether they think they're a passer or shooter.

Old
05-12-2008, 10:54 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Is this a shooter's stick or a playmaker's stick? I pass a lot so I need a stick that is good for making amazing passes. If it is a playmaker's stick what curve is best for passing? And what other sticks are good for passing?

Please help me out!
With this line of thinking. I won't be able to pass for crap with a Bauer One90, and my shot will stink with a Bauer Vapor xxxx.

Passing and shooting are not the stick, it's the hands holding the stick. The same goes for shooting. Blade patterns however can and will affect certain areas of your game, but that the same no matter what stick you use.

The Dolo's a decent stick. If you are looking for a decent performing stick with good durability it's a solid choice.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 11:43 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 326
Its a good stick prolly not worth the value I paid for it $219. Im a pass first player and the Sakic curve is usually pretty good for that or for the Dolo the Draper curve which is the same as Sakics.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Hale The Villain

I know the player controls the stick not the stick controls the player, but is the passing good with it? Does it have a good feel? ect...

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 12:38 AM
lotus

the dolomite blade has the best feel of any non wood blade I have ever used.

Pro stock dolomite shafts go for $60 and you can get two pro stock blades for $70ish total, 40 each I believe. All from hockey monkey.

I use the Milan Michalek pro stocks. It's basically a Sakic only it's less rounded, as it starts the curve it almost wedges, then evens out. Essentially the same thing, maybe elevates it even easier. You kind of grow used to that with a Sakic though.

I have a whip flex at 70 and one at 95. The 70 will flex when recieving pases occasionally and as a result I can lose control pretty easy on occasion. But its really just something you need to adjust with.

Stick with what you're comfortable with and work from there. But Warrior has done a smart thing not touching much of the Innovative stick. This things great all around. And kind of a tank at that.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 12:56 AM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
I know the player controls the stick not the stick controls the player
Great. I'm glad you understand.

Quote:
...but is the passing good with it? Does it have a good feel? ect...

Okay. Maybe not.

It passes and shoots just fine. If you're that serious about sticks with good feel, you should rock a Sherwood 5030.
If someone's reading this and isn't totally set in their preferences yet, I'd recommend holding out and using a wood stick for as long as you can. Like learning guitar with a classical guitar, it's not as easy to develop bad habits with a wood stick -- so when you finally feel you've gotten all you can out of wood, a composite will benefit you that much more.*

*Disclaimer: Assuming you use sticks with the appropriate lie and flex for your play -- which are both really more important than whatever retail blade curve most people obsess over.

Old
05-15-2008, 01:29 AM
RLD12

Yeah sticks are more of a preference thing, just make sure your comfortable with the curve and then make sure the flex is half your body weight, but I used to have a Warrior and it wasn't great for passing because of the curve...I now have a Mission hex-1 with an Easton Sakic blade(cause i broke the original blade, :/...but this blade has worked out for better passing for me for some reason, you really just have to feel the stick out and know what you want your curve to look like...

RLD12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 04:45 PM
bmxer

The 2008 Dolomite is a stick that performs very efficient and painful slashes compared to the older modles.

bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer View Post
The 2008 Dolomite is a stick that performs very efficient and painful slashes compared to the older modles.
Rather than passing or shooting, Warrior decided to look outside the box and focus primarily on this other, underrated skill. Finally the stick for me!

benji is offline   Reply With Quote