HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our biggest problem is down the middle

Old
05-12-2008, 05:43 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I don't konw if i'm the only one on this but one of the reasons we got dominated in the playoffs is because our centers were way too weak, the middle of the ice wasn't covered good enough. It's either we're too weak or too slow. Now i'l use the example of 2 players that are already talked in trade proposals

Mtl: Olli Jokinen

Flo: Chris Higgins, 1st, Alexei Emelin or Subban or O'byrne

MTL: Patrick Marleau

San Jose: Saku Koivu

Now imagine this

Latendresse-Jokinen-Kovalev
S.Kost-Marleau-A.Kost
Maxpac/Dago-Plekanec-UFA/Kosto
Bégin-Chipchura-Lappierre

That line-up is not out of reach and all of these changes are very realistic. Not to mention this is a line-up that will generate more offense, more power and is much more suited for the playoffs. Now i know that it's very improbably that we have 2 new centers for our top 6 but i just wanted to know your impressions on this. Jokinen or Marleau or both would make excellent additions and fill a need we haven't looked at in years.
First of all, i dont want any part of Olli Jokinen with the Habs. The guy has an history of dissapearing under pressure. How many times did he dissapear when Florida needed him the most to make the playoffs? One too many times. Its not a coincidence he will break the record for games played without making the playoffs. I dont like the idea of dismanteling the team for two underacheiving guys just because of their size. Size is Overrated. Skill, grit, discipline, poise, mental toughness and execution wins you stanley cups. Look at the red wings and you have your answer.

Like ive said before, we lost because of our depth. Streit, Begin, smoke Lapierre, Kosto and Dandy is a really poor bottom 6. Lets get a 3rd line center or a top 2 center and put Plekanec on the 3rd to upgrade our depth. Chipchura has to be our 4th line centerman, Dagostini and Stewart has to be challenging a spot also. We also need another top 4 Dman and we are good to go.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote