HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Hanley Ramirez About To Sign 6-year, $70 million Contract Extension With Marlins

Old
05-12-2008, 06:45 AM
ratmanfu

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
Im a freaking baseball agent. It's not a fan site. Im a huge hockey fan but one has nothing to do with the other.
Hence, the reference to doublediamondsportsmanagement.com

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
rattrick.com -- since I have my own website, I know what I'm talking about too. Actually, I am thinking I am going to start building rockets since I have my own website.
I don't know if 39 is a baseball agent or not like he claims to be, but he is correct when it comes to the baseball draft. MLB need to fix the drafting process before they fix the lack of a cap/meaning tax problem.

As a Blue Jay fan, stuck behind the Yankees and Sox and 150M+ payrolls every year, you wait for a day when those 2 teams get old and start to decline like you would any other sport. However that day never comes because they get the best players in the draft since they are 2 of the few teams that are willing to give into to top prospects insane demands in the draft. Even if they don't develop these players to the major league level, they can use them to trade and reload every other season (much like Detroit did, getting players they shouldn't have gotten, then trading them for Cabrera). Its frustrating seeing your team draft ricky romero because he was cheaper than the better available players (ricky sucked even for a signable player too), but thats how baseball works. The system is flawed and needs to be fixed.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Ramirez is the man. just a little over 10 million a year, I think he's worth it.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Georgia Panther

To add in my two cents about Florida's scouting ability let me just mention Scott Olsen, a sixth rounder, and Josh Willingham, a 17th rounder, both drafted by the Fish and not acquired by trade.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
To add in my two cents about Florida's scouting ability let me just mention Scott Olsen, a sixth rounder, and Josh Willingham, a 17th rounder, both drafted by the Fish and not acquired by trade.
Don't forget Dan Uggla who the Marlins picked up on some kind of "rentry draft(?)" because Arizona didn't protect him. The Marlins got him for nothing!

Beezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 07:43 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Don't forget Dan Uggla who the Marlins picked up on some kind of "rentry draft(?)" because Arizona didn't protect him. The Marlins got him for nothing!
Its moves like these, along with others, that make our scouting department and management one of the best in the game. Even a simple move of getting Helms from the Phillies for $1 has helped this team during a few injury plagued weeks.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 08:29 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
I don't know if 39 is a baseball agent or not like he claims to be, but he is correct when it comes to the baseball draft. MLB need to fix the drafting process before they fix the lack of a cap/meaning tax problem.

As a Blue Jay fan, stuck behind the Yankees and Sox and 150M+ payrolls every year, you wait for a day when those 2 teams get old and start to decline like you would any other sport. However that day never comes because they get the best players in the draft since they are 2 of the few teams that are willing to give into to top prospects insane demands in the draft. Even if they don't develop these players to the major league level, they can use them to trade and reload every other season (much like Detroit did, getting players they shouldn't have gotten, then trading them for Cabrera). Its frustrating seeing your team draft ricky romero because he was cheaper than the better available players (ricky sucked even for a signable player too), but thats how baseball works. The system is flawed and needs to be fixed.
I'm really an agent! Go look at the website I mean my name's everywhere on it.

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2008, 08:30 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Its moves like these, along with others, that make our scouting department and management one of the best in the game. Even a simple move of getting Helms from the Phillies for $1 has helped this team during a few injury plagued weeks.
Yes, Marlins do excel in this area. I would trade you scouting departments and GM in a second.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote