HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov's Future

Old
05-13-2008, 12:57 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Anisimov's Future

With his size and defensive ability, I wonder if long term he may be matched up against Malkin on a regular basis? Sort of like Primeau vs. Lindros and Otto vs. Messier.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 03:05 AM
NYR Viper

its a possibility....although he needs to add A LOT of muscle to do so

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 10:33 AM
squishy

I was reading the latest issue of Blueshirt Bulletin last night, and noticed in the Wolf Pack wrap up that Gernander was quoted as saying he put on 10 pounds over the course of the season. Which is a good start.

Gernander listed Korpikoski, Anisimov, Moore, Wiikman, Ouellette, and maybe one other I'm forgetting at the moment, as the most improved over the course of the season.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 10:35 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I know i might get killed for this, but i like his game more than Cherepanov's.

Thats more a discredit to Cherry than an overrating of Anisimov.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 10:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I know i might get killed for this, but i like his game more than Cherepanov's.

Thats more a discredit to Cherry than an overrating of Anisimov.
Well I do think that having a good showing in North America gives him the edge for the moment.

05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
squishy

Here's the quote on Anisimov from Blueshirt Bulletin:

Quote:
"You look at Artie as the youngest guy in the league [at age 19] and he was in the top ten in rookie scoring [with 43 points, seventh on the team]. He put on about ten pounds and had to adjust because there's a difference between a strong boy and a strong man, which is just nature taking its course. He came a long way being assertive as he was and playing as physically as he did, which speaks well for him.
Following up on what I said earlier, it was in fact Korpikoski, Moore, Anisimov, Ouellette, and Wiikman that Gernander mentioned by name for "having improved the most over the previous season or exceeding expectations."

Subscribe to Blueshirt Bulletin for more

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 11:44 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Here's the quote on Anisimov from Blueshirt Bulletin:

Following up on what I said earlier, it was in fact Korpikoski, Moore, Anisimov, Ouellette, and Wiikman that Gernander mentioned by name for "having improved the most over the previous season or exceeding expectations."

Subscribe to Blueshirt Bulletin for more
nice to see Ouellette do well even though he is on an AHL contract. any chance the rangers sign him to an NHL contract 2 way deal?? or will they just let him walk or have him for leadership??

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 11:47 AM
The Fuhr*

The kids going to be awesome, I like to think the kids going to be another Primeau type player.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 12:22 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
The kids going to be awesome, I like to think the kids going to be another Primeau type player.
well i dont know Primeau was a physical player who fought at times. While Anisimov may be physical i dont think he is a fighter or gritty. i have not seen him play so yea i dont know

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Ola

Quote:
Highly recommended! I can't wait for the oversea number to arrive.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 12:44 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I like Anisimov more and more.

I really hope we can nab a guy like Boedker to go along with Anisimov, Cherepanov, and Dubinsky.

That extra high end winger prospect would really make our young core contend with anyone's young core.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Nich

i would have to say, he might be my favorite prospect down in the ahl.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 02:12 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Drury's going to have to shift to wing if we're ever going to have room for AA as a Center...

Gomez
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Betts

?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Drury's going to have to shift to wing if we're ever going to have room for AA as a Center...

Gomez
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Betts

?

Old
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Gomez
Dubinsky
Anisimov
Betts

?

Old
05-13-2008, 03:16 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I could see a scenario here where if Anisimov comes up and establishes himself (a la Dubinsky) Drury could be moved to the wing (short term) and traded (long term). I don't know what his no-trade parameters are but there are some places I would expect he would be willing to go.

Old
05-13-2008, 03:56 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I could see a scenario here where if Anisimov comes up and establishes himself (a la Dubinsky) Drury could be moved to the wing (short term) and traded (long term). I don't know what his no-trade parameters are but there are some places I would expect he would be willing to go.
wish we could get rid of that albatross of a contract but we can't. I love Drury but his contract is going to kill us, hence no team would probably want to trade for him.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Ola

Anisimov is a great prospect. Talk about a highvalue pick getting him in the 2nd round. He would easily have been a top 10-20 pick if he had a diffrent passport.

Anisimov got a body who he can put on allot of muscle on. I defenitly expect him to do that. That will make him stronger and faster.

I think it would be interesting to bring him into the NHL on the wing with Gomez maybe. Like Anisimov defenitly isn't a winger, and I can't see him ever transforming into a winger. But just like Malkin was brought into the NHL on Crosby's wing it could be interesting to see Anisimov in a more of a offensive role; and next to a great player like Gomez. Like on a Dawes-Gomez-Anisimov line. Especially if he can add allot of weight this summer and become even stronger.

When it comes to both AA and Korpi I think its essential to jump start them offensivly. If they are brought in and player on 3rd and 4th linees they would do that really well, and not let anyone down defensivly. They are just the types who would sacrifize some offense to get it down defensivly. You want thoose types to get their feets wet offensivly in a hurry so that they can build up their confidence and keep expanding their register.

Last edited by Ola: 05-13-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 08:29 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

I want Cherry here next year...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Edge

I don't know if I see Anisimov as that type in the future. He's more of an offensive/playmaking type.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Ranger1135

Quote:
I was reading the latest issue of Blueshirt Bulletin last night, and noticed in the Wolf Pack wrap up that Gernander was quoted as saying he put on 10 pounds over the course of the season. Which is a good start.

Gernander listed Korpikoski, Anisimov, Moore, Wiikman, Ouellette, and maybe one other I'm forgetting at the moment, as the most improved over the course of the season.
Thats amazing. You would think that a player will lose a certain amount of weight during the course of the season, this is the first time I've heard of someone putting pounds on.
Anyway that bodes well for him, and the team next year, that he is maturing physically and shown that he can adapt to the NA game during the course of one season. I'm really excited about this kid.

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 07:39 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

The Rangers got a 1st round talent in the 2nd round with Anisimov. As bobbop and Ola both pointed out, I can see Anisimov starting out on LW, (perhaps w/ Cherepanov around Dubinsky), to start his career, until the Drury contract runs out, when he makes the switch to center. Of course, I can also see Drury moving to either Gomez' or Dubi's wing, allowing Anisimov to slide into the 3rd line center role.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 08:27 AM
pld459666

Some of you guys are really missing the boat on Drury. In an off year for him, he still managed to his his average in total points. An OFF YEAR!!!

A kid like Anisimov comes up to play in an offensive role, who do you want him playing with? A guy that can play both ends of the ice equally...Drury is that guy.

The fact that he can play wing as well as center makes Drury the perfect line-mate for Anisimov.

Drury is more of a shooter than a passer which bodes well for AA, he's defensively the best forward on the Rangers, again something that bodes well for AA and as a center that wins the majority of his face-offs, he's someone that AA can learn from. The way that Drury carries himself on and off the ice and how he approaches the game is exactly what we need to have our youngsters learning from.

There's alot more to Drury than what you see on the ice in terms of production and the kids in the line-up now and in the pipeline need to learn from a true professional, Drury is that guy.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2008, 09:54 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
wish we could get rid of that albatross of a contract but we can't. I love Drury but his contract is going to kill us, hence no team would probably want to trade for him.
If the Rangers wanted to move him, they could. Drury is a very much prized player in the NHL. His contract is not unmanageable and he would be in high demand. The rub is that he has either a no or limited trade clause that would make him difficult to move.

Old
05-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Some of you guys are really missing the boat on Drury. In an off year for him, he still managed to his his average in total points. An OFF YEAR!!!

A kid like Anisimov comes up to play in an offensive role, who do you want him playing with? A guy that can play both ends of the ice equally...Drury is that guy.

The fact that he can play wing as well as center makes Drury the perfect line-mate for Anisimov.

Drury is more of a shooter than a passer which bodes well for AA, he's defensively the best forward on the Rangers, again something that bodes well for AA and as a center that wins the majority of his face-offs, he's someone that AA can learn from. The way that Drury carries himself on and off the ice and how he approaches the game is exactly what we need to have our youngsters learning from.

There's alot more to Drury than what you see on the ice in terms of production and the kids in the line-up now and in the pipeline need to learn from a true professional, Drury is that guy.
It's kind of sad how Drury is underrated around here sometimes, people want him to put up huge points. That isn't his game, he's good for a certain amount of points, loads of defensive ability, loads of leadership, and all out class. One of my favorite players and the type of guy that is few and far between in most sports (minus the NHL which has alot of quality individuals).

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote