HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2008, 10:00 AM
chsb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCinBin View Post
One of the most amazing/exciting hockey games I've ever experienced, in ANY league last night. I'm still recovering at 5 PM today.

The first two periods looked very evenly matched like you would expect out of a Semifinals playoff game. Down 3-0 doing into the 3rd, Chuck Weber just cannot be human. He makes an excellent decision out of nowhere to switch goalies and I have no idea what he told the guys during the second intermission but good God what a comeback.

Icing on the cake was that the Stingrays regained the lead after the officials awarded them a f'ing 5-on-3 with 5 damn minutes left in the game, and then the Clones pull the goalie and Desharnais scores beautifully to tie it again with under a minute.

Regarding the goalie switch, Desjardins did not play bad, but two of South Carolina's goals were borderline flukes and he was obviously very frustrated after the 3rd slid it between his legs. Alas, this guy has started every playoff game since after Game 1 of the 7-game Reading series. He is off until Wednesday now. It should also be noted that the defense was looking really lackluster, much in part due to our best defensemen and part of the heart of the team, Chad Starling, being suspended one game.

I was just recalling the San Jose-Dallas 4-OT game from last week wondering we could be at US Bank Arena that long, when Thomas Beauregard thankfully interrupted my thoughts. The place was ON FIRE and I haven't seen that much excitement since the Orlando Solar Bears series back in the original IHL in the 90s.

As my friend put it on a couple other boards, this game would have been a steal to see for $100. Me and 4800 others saw it for a mere $10.

The Cyclones did exactly what they needed to this weekend. South Carolina is now 0-8 on the road in the playoffs this year and we have pinned them down 2-0 with home ice advantage right off the bat. Now they just have to go into SC and break that undefeated postseason streak they have going at home.

I hope whichever one it was from this board who came down had a great time. I'm sure you did!
Looking at the Cyclones lineup,Desharnais,Beauregard,Latendresse,Aubin, all had remarkable junior careers and all are attempting to access the NHL and are filled with offensive talent.
No doubt that they got the potential to win it all in the ECHL if they all put their energy together and it should make for a very interesting playoffs.

Looking at the BullDogs roster last season, no doubt that these four are all heading that way in a hurry to fill a vacuum and give themselves a chnace to step up in the NHL.

Old
05-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieremania View Post
the first of some expected losses to europe this year....

Locke, Ferland, Milroy, Biron, Danis, could all be possibilities to go over there.
Ferland has indeed gone over too, he's playing in Austria next year with Villacher
http://vsv.linea7.com/de/news/newsde...eue-man-2.html

Old
05-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Cheveldae View Post
Ferland has indeed gone over too, he's playing in Austria next year with Villacher
I hoped/thought that Ferland would at least make it as a fourth liner eventually...kid can hit.

Old
05-13-2008, 10:27 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
thanks for the link, good luck to him over there.

Old
05-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Damn, I was hoping he'd be back, he's a favourite of mine. It's always fun watching him run people over

Ah well, the best of luck to him and his new team, I hope they have a lot of success this coming season. Thanks for the years, the memories and the effort Jo

Old
05-13-2008, 12:20 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
I hope it's only a back-up signing in case the Habs wouldn't not offer him a contract...

Quote:
Originally Posted by st4ticx View Post
Do you guys think Ferland will be qualified anyway or he will become UFA ?
He is a UFA because he is 25, played more than 3 pro seasons and played less than 80 NHL games.

Habs Prospects website
Old
05-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Crap. I guess I won't win the annual avatar bet with Whitesnake next fall.

Is the money that good in Austria? I wouldn't have minded if the Bulldogs kept Ferland around, he's an effective AHL player. Ah well.

Old
05-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Crap. I guess I won't win the annual avatar bet with Whitesnake next fall.

Is the money that good in Austria? I wouldn't have minded if the Bulldogs kept Ferland around, he's an effective AHL player. Ah well.
Knew this was coming....

Don't worry. I'll find soon another player that I'll fell excessively in love with...

Really, really thought that with all the 4th liners in this league, there was a place for him somewhere......was the offer that good that he couldn't wait before going UFA?

Old
05-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Richybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCinBin View Post
One of the most amazing/exciting hockey games I've ever experienced, in ANY league last night. I'm still recovering at 5 PM today.

The first two periods looked very evenly matched like you would expect out of a Semifinals playoff game. Down 3-0 doing into the 3rd, Chuck Weber just cannot be human. He makes an excellent decision out of nowhere to switch goalies and I have no idea what he told the guys during the second intermission but good God what a comeback.

Icing on the cake was that the Stingrays regained the lead after the officials awarded them a f'ing 5-on-3 with 5 damn minutes left in the game, and then the Clones pull the goalie and Desharnais scores beautifully to tie it again with under a minute.

Regarding the goalie switch, Desjardins did not play bad, but two of South Carolina's goals were borderline flukes and he was obviously very frustrated after the 3rd slid it between his legs. Alas, this guy has started every playoff game since after Game 1 of the 7-game Reading series. He is off until Wednesday now. It should also be noted that the defense was looking really lackluster, much in part due to our best defensemen and part of the heart of the team, Chad Starling, being suspended one game.

I was just recalling the San Jose-Dallas 4-OT game from last week wondering we could be at US Bank Arena that long, when Thomas Beauregard thankfully interrupted my thoughts. The place was ON FIRE and I haven't seen that much excitement since the Orlando Solar Bears series back in the original IHL in the 90s.

As my friend put it on a couple other boards, this game would have been a steal to see for $100. Me and 4800 others saw it for a mere $10.

The Cyclones did exactly what they needed to this weekend. South Carolina is now 0-8 on the road in the playoffs this year and we have pinned them down 2-0 with home ice advantage right off the bat. Now they just have to go into SC and break that undefeated postseason streak they have going at home.

I hope whichever one it was from this board who came down had a great time. I'm sure you did!
You're right i enjoyed it ! It was AWESOME ! Honestly, at 3-0 i wasnt scared cause of the team offense. But when they scored their 4th goal, i thought it was over. Cant believe Desharnais shot that one in off Aubin who was in front of the net. At 4-4, i was sure they would win it. Then Beauregard scored...OMG ! I was sitting with his girlfriend and she was going crazy ! Same for Guillaume Latendresse and his father !

Awesome night, awesome game ! I would go the trip with my roller blade to see that game again

I really enjoyed it. Cincinnati is such a great city. I'll maybe comeback when the Cyclones will reach the finals

Old
05-13-2008, 02:01 PM
llamateizer

Ferland Signed with Austria

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/251653.html

not a big news
related to habs

Old
05-13-2008, 02:02 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

not really a surprise. dont think he ever would of gotten his chance here. He's a dime a dozen type of player.

Old
05-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'm surprised he went there, his game is not made for the big rinks.

Old
05-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Good luck to him

Old
05-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Rapmaster

Not surprised, He's not going to make the team with us, Stewart take his place in the depth chart

Old
05-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Richybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Engelhardt signed with a German team
http://www.eurohockey.net/transfers/last_24_hours.html

Gainey

Who cares ? They traded him for Lemieux and Lemieux will go in Europe too...So its fair

Old
05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm surprised he went there, his game is not made for the big rinks.
Maybe he's going to adress that ? You never know, he could come back with a few more aspects to his game. Players have made it at 27-28.

Old
05-13-2008, 02:14 PM
llamateizer

he may try to be like vanek, i think he's from austria

Old
05-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Gros Bill

Good for him and I wish him luck. Just to be able to continue playing hockey and make a living out of it (albeit a modest one)is quite an accomplishment. Not too many guys reach that goal.

Old
05-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Coco Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Maybe he's going to adress that ? You never know, he could come back with a few more aspects to his game. Players have made it at 27-28.
Exactly what I'm thinking too (Ala André Benoit?).
It's all about skating today in the NHL. And Europe is probably the best place to learn.

Old
05-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

So Dagenais and Ferland are going to tear up Austrian leagues now i guess.

:sarcasm

Actually i should't use since Dagenais did tear up the league.

Old
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM

People will finally stop making 3rd/4th line trios with this plumber.

Old
05-13-2008, 03:41 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
JP Cote is the next to go

Old
05-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Habitants

well i wish ferland well. he is a good player, works hard, and hits hard. he can put pucks in the net too. i honestly though he could play at least 4th line in the nhl, maybe one day he will come back

Old
05-13-2008, 04:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyChick87 View Post
JP Cote is the next to go
Likely so, but both will be missed if that's the case, as they were both good guys to have in Hamilton as they always worked hard and while not the fastest or most skilled guys, at least on the ice they showed the younger players a good example for work ethic as well as a good physical game.

Old
05-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
The conference final series continues tonight in South Carolina

Cyclones lead 2-0

Closed Thread