HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ek: Rangers ALSO after Bouwmeester

Old
05-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
1st in 08, 2nd in 08, Potter, Girardi, Jessiman, Prucha, and Hillier.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 07:21 PM
GarretJoseph*

Toots, Prucha, B level prospect & a 1st should get her done. Not sure If I'd pull the trigger though.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 07:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmac View Post
I know, it is overpayment from the Rangers POV--but I think it would take something close to that to get him, not our crap.
I wouldn't be so fast to call Dawes and Tyutin or Girardi crap when starting a package. But no team is going to give up 3 first rounders for Jay Bo - he's not worth that. I would also think the Panthers would want a legit NHLer is return as well.

05-13-2008, 08:12 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Tyutin, Prucha, LeNeveau, 1st in 08

And that's if Bouwmeester signs a contract with NYR right away. I really love his game, but I wouldn't give up much more than this for him. You'd have to be insane to give up more for an upcoming RFA.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 08:47 PM
In The Flesh

If we're going to make a blockbuster deal I'd rather it be for offense.

I'd trade for JayBo only if it wasn't an overpayment.

I think the only way JayBo is traded is if he wants out and the Cats are sure he won't resign. Otherwise they can't let him go. He's probably sick of the losing thou, it seems every year they are pretty mediocre throughout most of the season, go on a bit of tear in April but still miss the PO's because they dug to deep of hole earlier. Has to suck, for the fans too.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

the trades we have wouldn't even get there #6 defenseman let alone jBo if it came down to FLA fans, there was a package of steen and kaberle and others for jBo and a b level prospect and they laughed at the deal, and a phaneuf tanguay for jay and jokinen and they said they wanted regher too

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 08:55 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
the trades we have wouldn't even get there #6 defenseman let alone jBo if it came down to FLA fans, there was a package of steen and kaberle and others for jBo and a b level prospect and they laughed at the deal, and a phaneuf tanguay for jay and jokinen and they said they wanted regher too
you know what, yea, maybe that trade is better for CAL value wise, but Florida has been sucking it up for yrs now with the same people. They need to overhaul that team somehow, it just aint working. Gotta change something up. FLA needs to do that.

Old
05-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
No way I put AA in any trade proposal, I'm more hyped about him than Sangs and Chere combined. Anyone else go for it but not my man Artem

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I would throw AA in that deal in a second, i'd rather get a steller defenseman than having a 5th center in the lineup

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:31 PM
McRanger23

I would like to get Bouwmeester, but I think Staal will be the same type of player, probably, most likely better.

McRanger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
I'd just like to say that I think it's quite humorous how the same people who don't want Prucha anywhere near the Rangers lineup cause "he sucks" are the ones putting him in proposals for a stud defenseman because he must have vaule to other teams, he scored 30 goals 2 years ago. Irony at its best...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

If this was true, which I don't think it is, here's my offer...

Girardi, Anisimov, Sauer, 1st in 08, 2nd in 08...

They get an established young two-way defender, a solid center prospect with two-way top-line potential, a solid defensive prospect with top-pairing two-way potential believed by many experts to be the steal of his draft year, a 1st rounder, and a 2nd rounder.

It's a steep price to pay, but Bouwmeester is worth it.

What's everyone's take on that?

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2008, 09:48 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I also don't get how people think that a deal like Tyutin, Prucha, and a 1st is going to get it done. Let's be real here, Tyutin is nowhere near the caliber of defender that Bouwmeester is, Prucha was a healthy scratch for a majority of the season, and while the 1st is nice, it really doesn't make up for such a mediocre offer.

Hell, I'd even take my own deal and put Dawes in place of Anisimov if they wanted a young forward who has actually played in the NHL and has had an ounce of sucess.

Gotta give to get. Our garbage isn't going to fetch the other team's stud players.

Old
05-13-2008, 10:09 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I also don't get how people think that a deal like Tyutin, Prucha, and a 1st is going to get it done. Let's be real here, Tyutin is nowhere near the caliber of defender that Bouwmeester is, Prucha was a healthy scratch for a majority of the season, and while the 1st is nice, it really doesn't make up for such a mediocre offer.

Hell, I'd even take my own deal and put Dawes in place of Anisimov if they wanted a young forward who has actually played in the NHL and has had an ounce of sucess.

Gotta give to get. Our garbage isn't going to fetch the other team's stud players.
worked for San Jose, just saying

Old
05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
ok...heres one for people who want to give more

tyutin, dawes, prucha 1st 08, 4th 08
Thats more like it.

05-13-2008, 10:56 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
worked for San Jose, just saying
And is O'Connell a general manager anymore?

Old
05-13-2008, 11:40 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Thats more like it.
Don't see it.

Tyutin is ok, after the way he played in the playoffs, teams will look at him a bit differently. A bit overpaid as well. They'll probably want Girardi. instead.

Prucha was a healthy scratch for most of the season, at that point, I'd rather have a prospect than Prucha being that Prucha is an RFA that needs to be signed soon and will cost more than an entry level contract would at this point.

Dawes has value, and a 1st is a 1st.

Old
05-14-2008, 12:03 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Don't see it.

Tyutin is ok, after the way he played in the playoffs, teams will look at him a bit differently. A bit overpaid as well. They'll probably want Girardi. instead.

Prucha was a healthy scratch for most of the season, at that point, I'd rather have a prospect than Prucha being that Prucha is an RFA that needs to be signed soon and will cost more than an entry level contract would at this point.

Dawes has value, and a 1st is a 1st.
tyutin, dawes, bourret, wiikman, 1st 08

??

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Perry Pearn for Bouwmeester straight up.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 02:31 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
some of these proposals r lopsided...id say for florida to at least throw in a prospect to even it up a bit because this d-man is not 100% proven and its not worth giving up so much yet

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 05:30 AM
gaglinefan

Shoot the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Would love to see him paired up with Marc Staal on the defense for the next 4 or 5 years. Being the is an RFA i could see ther being some truth to the rumor...But everything of course comes at a price. For the Rangers... to me there are glaring weakness on defense. A big physical defenseman...and a PP QB. Bouwmeister fits the bill here and addresses both of those needs.

But for Glen Sather, I remember one GM around the deadline stating that Glen Sather tries to win every deal 10-0. I would muich rather have a guy like that running the show that a guy that is willing to stip the club of all it's assets in order to land one big fish. Bottom line, if the Rangers are indeed interested in the big fella...I am confident that Sather will not overpay for the guy in the form of players going the other way. Now, in the form of money they will later sign him for... that's another story!
Maybe but it doesn't always work (Backman, $ and ability). If we can get Bo, why not, he is the type of player we need. Bobby Sangs could go along with a top pick and another player, throw in another pick. Thoughts?

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 06:37 AM
in the hall

once again.. most of these proposals are ridiculous, as are the gauges of value for the rangers assets. most of you are officially clueless.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Celestial Black

I have been saying we should go after Boewmeester, if it can be done I would love to see it happen as long as the term are right along with those being traded.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 08:43 AM
clmetsfan

Guys, you can't get a stud like Bouwmeester without adding in a top-notch prospect (which does not describe Wiikman, Bourret, or Sauer). If you don't want to give up Cherepanov or Sanguinetti, then fine, but then Anisimov has to be included. And of course they'd have to be getting back one or two established NHLers as well, so you're talking about some combination of Tyutin/Girardi/Dawes/Callahan. Then you can start throwing in fringe NHLers like Prucha, mid-level prospects like the ones mentioned above, and picks.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
I actually think that Demitra would be a great fit for us. He knows where the net is and would be more than adequately replace Shanny.

Bouwmeester is not the only decent D'man available....

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote